Buying A Motosai In Thailand - Shipping To Usa

SeeJo

I do like these little Honda's that proliferate in Thailand, and would like to have one for use in the States, particularly the Honda 125cc Wave.. I have in the past found a place in Bangkok who's website claimed to crate and ship but could never get any response from them. Another site I just found claims they will pick up the thing as near to CR as Chaing Mai, but otherwise is not very precise as to what paperwork is required, EPA requirements for acceptance in the States, duty costs, etc.

I would welcome any info and/or comments.

SeeJo

• Like 1

Any shipping company will pack and ship for you. Now the import duties in your homeland will shock you. All u thinking is of the difference in price between your homeland and Thai. Like every other Farang thinks about at sometime, yet forget about Import duties and tax. Plus pickup costs, etc at the other end. U will end up paying far more, as you not a bulk supplier. Free trade agreements do not cover motorbike's and cars.

Check out the actual import duties and cost od packing, sending, picking up at other end, paying taxes then trying to sell for a profit. Unless sending dozens per time as a job, it will not be worth your effort.

Chok Dee.

I did a bit of a search and saw that this type of bike isn't common in the US, customers there preferring either the true motorbike, or the true scooter. The Wave/Dream falls somewhere between these.

I'd suggest that the bikers forum would be of more use to the OP, the replies being thin on the ground here so far.

What is your reason for attempting to do this?  There are plenty of cheap and expensive 125cc scooters for sale in the US.  Is your heart really set on Honda Wave or something?  

As a legal matter, anything over 50cc is considered a motorcycle in the US and will be treated as such.  You will need a license endorsement, registration, insurance, etc.  As a practical matter, you don't need anything because it looks like a scooter and you will be given a pass unless you stand out and speeding too fast.  

LogistiZec is a reliable company with over 15 years of experience in the business.

http://logistizec.com/

Prices are fair as well.

Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from LogistiZec.

Online or on the go, LogistiZec is ready to meet your needs.

We have an expansive presence throughout Europe, USA Asia & The Middle East.

Tel: +66-81-0704750 (Thailand)

Email: [email protected]

Edited by Bangkok2008

In reply to these appreciated replies, I think if you will read my post again you will see that I HAVE considered all the peripheral issues, and whether I listed in toto or not, they are implied, And yes, my heart is really set on this Honda 125cc Wave, and I am well aware of all the many other great options available in the States. I am not in the least wanting to sell for a profit and am willing to end up paying more overall, to get one sent there.

Again, my reason for doing this is that I simply like this Honda particularly, and have researched ordering one from one of the Honda motorcycle dealers in my area of the States - only to find that none either will do it or are not set up or connected for it and consider the hassle not to be worth the effort. Sceadugena recognizes this general fact, and i will take his suggestion and try the bikers' forum. Will also check out LogistiZec.

Thanks all.....................

You also need to research the safety standards for the state in which you intend to register the bike. I doubt a Honda Wave will pass safety standards for any state in the U.S. It possibly could with modifications. Anything over 50cc must be registered. Again, research this before you even consider shipping and import taxation issues.

Hi SeeJo,

I offer you 28690 THB for Export customs clearance from Thailand, Packing in wooden Crate, truck from Chiangmai to BKK seaport, Sea freight from BKK to USA port. Price may change because estimate freight at 350 USD per cbm. and i estimate your motorcycle is around 1 CBM. (1 CBM is minimum charge) Need to know zipcode in USA so

we can tell you exactly price and we will also provide door to door from seaport in USA to your house there.

Truck from Chiangrai to Chiangmai you please send motorcycle but Siam First Tour. We will pick up at Siam First tour Chiangmai Station and do packing after that send to BKK seaport. Transit time from BKK to USA take around 30-35 days. Julaluck at Intermover Thailand.