Directions Central Plaza Praram Ii (Help)

tomwct

I need some help in directions for Central Plaza PraRam II. I will be arriving in Bangkok at Mo Chit Bus Station and traveling to Central Plaza PraRam II, but have no idea how to get there by public transportation. Also, any hotels in the area (1000 THB P/N) would be very helpful!!! Thanks

Central Rama 3 (as it mostly spelled) is located on Ratchadaphisek Road between Sathupradit Rd and Narathiwat Rd. Wiki says the it is served by BMTA Bus: no. 22, 62, 67, 77, 102, 519. If it was me I would take BTS to Chong Nonsi and then get a taxi going down Narathiwat. Shouldn’t be much more the 40-50 baht for the ride.

TH

Except that the OP wanted to know how to get to Central Praram 2, which is on Praram 2, no surprise.

The Central is on the medial side of Kachanapisek (the RIng Road, or Highway 9). From MoChit, it is not an easy trip. I would suggest grabbing a minivan to The Mall Bang Khae if one doesn't go to Praram 2. From the Mall Bang Khae, it would be about a 70 or 80 baht taxi, or the buses might go right there as well.

I think there are several local-type hotels around there which would all cost below 1000 baht.

According to the net, the buses which go there are the:

Public Bus: no. 17, 68, 76, 105, 140, 141, 142, 147, 169

Air-conditioned Bus: no. 68, 76, 105, 140, 141, 142, 172, 173, 529, 558

The Dutch-looking beer hall next door is really quite nice. The food is good and reasonably priced, and the show is pretty interesting with modern song and dances, traditional stories told to music, Chinese acrobats, and the like.

Take bus 509 (Orange Airconditioned) from Mo Chit and state that you want to go to Charan 13 (or Phaniton). Get off and hop straight onto bus 68 (either normal or Blue Airconditioned, not the little green or little orange ones) and that will take you right to Central Rama 2, you will have to get off and cross the road on the footbridge.

I don't know about accommodation in the area though. But I'm sure you will find something cheapish as it's far from the tourist areas of Bangkok.

There are potentially 3 easy options.

1) At Mo Chit (just behind where buses arrive and disembark pax) there is a row of Mini vans of about 15 routes. They go to such diverse places as Rangsit, the Airport, Bang Na etc usually taking an expressway. I don't know having never needed to look but I would say there is a better than 50% chance that one route goes to Rama 2. The vans are cheap, will depart when full and if you have a bag just take one of the front seats in the van which have more room.

2) The certain option is to take the #77 or #159 bus which pass through Victory Monument (or any other bus which goes from Mo Chit 2 to Victory Monument). (The public bus terminal is on the south side of Mo Chit and should not be too hard to find as there is usually a few dozen buses there).

The bus will run south down Phahon Yothin rd into Victory. Get off a stop before Victory (you'll be able to see the greens signs for the Expressway entrance which is on the north side of Victory). Cross the road and walk the 50m south towards the Expressway.

If you miss this stop you can get off at Victory and then take a longer walk back towards the expressway.

Under the expressway (on the west side of the Phahon Yothin road) are numerous vans lined with luminated signs (in Thai), one of which is the van to Rama 2. The vans to Rama 2 is the 3rd one from the south. It costs 30 baht (at least it did when I last used it 12 months ago) and will take about 20 mins as it takes the expressway. (Note: that these vans are haveily used so during the afternoon/evening there will often be a long line of people).

3) A third alternative is to take the 77 bus to Victory and then catch the 140 bus from the same stop at Victory where you got off. The 140 runs down to Phetchaburi then onto the Expressway to Rama 2. (139 also does the same route but is a private route and more crowded as slightly cheaper).

140 will take you about 45 mins as it runs a shorter distance on the expressway than does the van.

Central Rama 2 is located on the north side (or right side given your direction) of Rama 2 between sois 52 & 50. It will know that your getting close when you see HomePro and Big C (left or south side of Rama 2) is opposite Central (with a large pedestrian overpass between both). There will be people alighting at Big C but just say to the driver Big C or Central to indicate where you want to get off.

If you can't say Rama 2 in Thai I would suggest you get someone to write it down or ease of finding your van at Mo Chit or Victory.

There are hotels along Rama 2 but few and I have no specific info. Good luck

Edited by Lakegeneve