Thai Tourism To Recover Soon

webfact

Thai tourism to recover soon

gallery_327_1086_7712.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The national tourism industry is expected to rebound and prosper in the latter half of the year with promising increase in the number of foreign tourists pouring into Thailand, according to Tourism and Sports Minister Chumpol Silapa-archa.

After the meeting with tourism entrepreneurs, Mr Chumpol said that more and more Chinese and Japanese tourists have chose to travel to Thailand on their vacation. He also expected that domestic tourism would thrive in the third and the fourth quarters should the situation remain peaceful.

The number of foreign tourists coming to Thailand in the first six months of 2010 stood at 7,487,880 people, an increase of 13.29% comparing with that of the same period last year of 6,609,313 people.

The Minister expected that the number of tourists for 2010 could reach 14,975,760 people as earlier projected if no incidents were instigated.

Mr Chumpol further stated that at present most of the countries had already lifted warnings for their citizens not to travel into Thailand, except for Saudi Arabia. However, he played down the matter reasoning that Saudi tourists did not account for much of the nation’s tourism industry.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-07-15 footer_n.gif

The number of foreign tourists coming to Thailand in the first six months of 2010 stood at 7,487,880 people, an increase of 13.29% comparing with that of the same period last year of 6,609,313 people.

Was that the period when the airport was blockaded? :whistling:

Was that the period when the airport was blockaded? :whistling:

No, wrong year. Nov 30, 2008

I just returned from a trip and it was slower than I'd ever seen it before.  I think it could be quite a while.  And the well heeled tourists will either stick to Phuket or go elsewhere.  As per my observations on my vacation there are few western tourists and increasing numbers of Indian and Chinese tourists.  Numbers are down.  Spending is down.  The bubble has burst.  It's a new ball game now.<br>

They're counting the "border runners" again, and everyone who gets off a plane in Thailand, even it's to board another for some other country. :lol:

Thats about it, no one believes them anymore,we have eyes,Manilas still Fun,no petty Laws, or Visa Probs What they pay them for beats me

The national tourism industry is expected to rebound and prosper in the latter half of the year with promising increase in the number of foreign tourists pouring into Thailand, according to Tourism and Sports Minister Chumpol Silapa-archa.

Really? Like about November or December? Oh, is that why they call it "high season?" What a genius! But I doubt they will be pouring into Thailand. A bit bigger trickle though I would imagine, as every year... But we must keep the propaganda going. First the head of TAT, now the guy that's in charge of the tourist guides. Of course they would paint a rosy picture. Who's next? The head of the Land Office? Property prices won't fall and more cars are being sold! Oh, and while your at it, tell the new governor of the Bank of Thailand to strengthen the Baht against all major currencies... That will bring the tourists pouring in for sure!

Edited by Jimi007

The national tourism industry is expected to rebound and prosper in the latter half of the year with promising increase in the number of foreign tourists pouring into Thailand, according to Tourism and Sports Minister Chumpol Silapa-archa.

Really? Like about November or December? Oh, is that why they call it "high season?" What a genius! But I doubt they will be pouring into Thailand. A bit bigger trickle though I would imagine, as every year... But we must keep the propaganda going. First the head of TAT, now the guy that's in charge of the tourist guides. Of course they would paint a rosy picture. Who's next? The head of the Land Office? Property prices won't fall and more cars are being sold! Oh, and while your at it, tell the new governor of the Bank of Thailand to strengthen the Baht against all major currencies... That will bring the tourists pouring in for sure!

Interest rates went up to day.

Way to go ...cook them figures and cook em well :lol:

Just the other day (back in the red encampment times) they said there were 10 to 15 thousand less arrivals at the airports in Thailand each day for so many days ...go figure ???

And I suppose its right by the topic title that it will "recover soon": Soon ? Mmm ,,,this week/month/year/decade/century .....take your pick, soon is a tad subjective eh.

But hey tourism will pick up later this year ! Well done, and that must have been rocket science to figure out that it does every year in the cool season and has done ever since I've had a hole in my ***:rolleyes:

Way to go!

NEWS FLASH!!!! Got a call earlier from a friend who lives near the Cambodian border. Said he saw a Thai Immigration Official with a notebook, looking at some stray dogs and water buffaloes, then making notes in the book. When asked what he was doing, the official replied: "Those are Cambodian buffaloes and dogs, and since they came into Thailand, they're tourists, cause they'll go back to Cambodia later."

So now we know!!!!

:whistling:

They're counting the "border runners" again, and everyone who gets off a plane in Thailand, even it's to board another for some other country. :lol:

And he is counting Somchai and his family going up to Roi Et to visit family.

There may be some truth in the report. Only 2 weeks ago a friend had to delay his trip as his flight was canceled due to lack of passengers.

Yesterday I bought a ticket to BKK. 7 of the other 9 customers in the travel agency were booking BKK flights for october and november.

Everything is fine TOT have told us.

Forget yellow shirts closing airports, riots in BKK, the overpriced Baht.

And it will all be someone elses fault when it turns tits up.

Comedians is a polite term for this lot.

Polite but incorrect, as comedians are funny and enjoy popularity.

I'd rather be impolite and just call them a bunch of twits -spelt differently

I just returned from a trip and it was slower than I'd ever seen it before.  I think it could be quite a while.  And the well heeled tourists will either stick to Phuket or go elsewhere.  As per my observations on my vacation there are few western tourists and increasing numbers of Indian and Chinese tourists.  Numbers are down.  Spending is down.  The bubble has burst.  It's a new ball game now.<br>

Phuket ! A friend an accountant with a Major hotel here has just been laid off one day a week, the hotel is at 10% :rolleyes:

Just how on earth could the arrivals be up this time over last year! If he were projecting 7-odd mill for the entire year then that'd probably be closer to the mark, which would probably still be ALL arrivals.

Mr Chumpol further stated that at present most of the countries had already lifted warnings for their citizens not to travel into Thailand, except for Saudi Arabia. However, he played down the matter reasoning that Saudi tourists did not account for much of the nation’s tourism industry.

So what he's actually saying is who cares about the Saudis as they're small in number and wouldn't be spending that much on the whole. <_<