Toyota Hilux Vigo 4X4 D-Cab 3.0G

Looking to buy the above pick up in the near future. Has anyone bought one recently or another similar model brand new from the Toyota dealers? What discounts or freebies did you get and was free insurance for the 1st year offered how much of a discount did you get off the list price?

In Isaan they don`t seem as flexible as down south please state the location you bought in also.

Thanks.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info thanks guys, yes transam I have used all those lines of looking to buy other brands but they don`t seem to want to budge much up north here. Any other purchase experiences lately would be appreciated so I have an idea what the going rate is before I make a decision.

Thanks.

We bought this 4x4 4-door A/T "G" model in Roi Et in Isan a few weeks ago - we're waiting for the delivery, we've been told it will be the end of this month.

The "freebies" we got -

* One year insurance (First Class, but only to 80 percent of value - I'm told we can boost the coverage to 95 or 100 once we actually get our hands on the vehicle and policy)

* A discount of 15k on the deposit (which is 30 percent of the car price, in our case) - as far as I can tell this is actually a discount on the full price of the car.

* Floor mats

* Tinting for windows

* Rain shields for windows

* Bed liner

* Some sort of car perfume dispenser, (?) according to my GF who can read the list

* English manual in addition to the Thai manual

* 500 baht of diesel (yes only 5-hundred!)

The sales lady told us we were getting the rear big bumper "free" also, but actually that's standard on the G model. I've read some reports of what buyers managed to get, so I pressed her on a few things - like reverse sensors, nudge bars, and more diesel. The answer was no, no, and no.

Another thing - at one Toyota dealer out in a small town we were quoted 951k for the 4x4 4-door G model with standard paint, and 958K for "metallic" paint models - the silver, gold and blue. However, this dealer offered almost no freebies. We went instead with the dealer in Roi Et, who gave us the extras I've listed - but charged a flat 958K for this model, regardless of the paint. Ours is black, so we were probably ripped for about 7K at this stage. On the other hand they've been pretty helpful compared to the small town dealer, who didn't seem very interested in selling to us.

Finally - from what I've read the LHD drive Vigos for export have a few extra details, such as a Fortuner steering wheel with audio and display controls on ity. From what I've been able to find out, the RHD Vigos sold in Thailand don't have this.

Edited by tommet

tommet,

Thanks for taking the time in writing such a detailed reply that`s really useful as many of the things you said makes sense. The smaller dealers up here dont seem to want to give anything away especially when they see a falang come in. They wont even give me any deal on the insurance like you said its no, no, no on many things which others have said they got for free.

I might have to travel to a larger dealer lets see. Does anyone know the cost of insurance for the year on this model so I can weight up if its worth the travel cost or not?

Cheers!

I purchased this model in 2007 (2006 make) at Nonthaburi Toyota. We had a referral from a friend so we got a 20 or 30k discount, window tint, liner ad cheap mats......I had tobuy better ones as the cheap shitty ones were crap. The guy at Nonthaburi looked after the insurance and rego each yer after that changing the rego each year for a better deal. It usually cost around 24k for both all up. I was happy with not having to do the paperwork for the regoand insurance....so I found the level of service exceptional there.

Hi InSiSongkram,

I have replied as I'm probably the closest to you geographically from the replies you have received so far.

I bought a Vigo 4x4 D-Cab 3 litre automatic top of the range from Toyota in Nakhon Phanom. I purchased it just over three years ago now. If I remember correctly I received a years free insurance and twenty thousand baht to spend on accessories as I wanted. I did not push them that hard at the time as it seemed a pretty standard deal at the time. As other posters have pointed out the deals seem to change on a monthly basis. We waited about two-three months for delivery as we ordered one in Dark Blue, not a common colour then. I don't really need a 4x4, but I do like the raised driving position that it offers. Also got a English manual free from them as well as the Thai version.

I have found Toyota in Nakhon Phanom to be pretty reliable in their servicing and generally good to deal with since then.

My Insurance this year was just over 17,000 baht for first class, this was with AXA Insurance who also have an office in Nakhon Phanom.

If I can be of any further assistance drop me a PM.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

On a slight tangent to the main topic - can anyone explain why my Toyota dealer in Roi Et is having apparent difficulty finding this model (Vigo 4x4 G)? When we ordered it a month ago, we were told it would take a month. Now they are saying they only have one car in this model and black colour available, coming in next week, and three buyers who want it -- the implication being that two unlucky buyers will have to wait longer (how much longer i don't know yet).

I know there's a process involved, but I would have thought (hoped) that after a month a branded Toyota dealer in a provincial centre would be able to obtain any model they requested. Presumably the factory (in Pathum Thani I believe) is churning them out on a daily basis.

Meanwhile, a Toyota dealer in Khon Kaen tells us that they could fill the order for this model in 5 or 6 days, (I'm tempted to go with them, but it would involve going through the financing process all over again.)

On a slight tangent to the main topic - can anyone explain why my Toyota dealer in Roi Et is having apparent difficulty finding this model (Vigo 4x4 G)? When we ordered it a month ago, we were told it would take a month. Now they are saying they only have one car in this model and black colour available, coming in next week, and three buyers who want it -- the implication being that two unlucky buyers will have to wait longer (how much longer i don't know yet).

I know there's a process involved, but I would have thought (hoped) that after a month a branded Toyota dealer in a provincial centre would be able to obtain any model they requested. Presumably the factory (in Pathum Thani I believe) is churning them out on a daily basis.

Meanwhile, a Toyota dealer in Khon Kaen tells us that they could fill the order for this model in 5 or 6 days, (I'm tempted to go with them, but it would involve going through the financing process all over again.)

Call the finance people and they easily swap the finance to another dealer

Toyota LOS has a 45 days delivery guarantee to the LOS dealers and usually manages that, thus Toyota needed to move assembling of export Fortuners recently to Indonesia to fullfill domestic demand of Fortuner/Vigo.

If you dealer has one black and 3 customers, the reason is that they havent ordered your truck as you have ordered with them, or they have 2 new orders for the same truck.

45 days pluss transportation 1-14 days should do

Hi Guys,

I just purchased a June 07 Vigio 4x4 3ltr with plenty of aftermarket options, and 105,00klm

Call the finance people and they easily swap the finance to another dealer

Toyota LOS has a 45 days delivery guarantee to the LOS dealers and usually manages that, thus Toyota needed to move assembling of export Fortuners recently to Indonesia to fullfill domestic demand of Fortuner/Vigo.

If you dealer has one black and 3 customers, the reason is that they havent ordered your truck as you have ordered with them, or they have 2 new orders for the same truck.

45 days pluss transportation 1-14 days should do

Hi Guys,

I moved to Phuket a few weeks back on a Retirement Visa.Living in Bang tao for the next year or so.

I have been looking at Toyota Vigo's for the last 2 weeks and decided on a second hand June 07 built 4x4 3ltr G, in Black micra, it has 105,000klm on clock, fully optioned leather etc, aftermarket wide alloy wheels and new tyres, body lift kit, and every conceivable extra on the outside you could immagine, a couple of small dents in one door that can be pushed out, and a small dent in rear bumper that is almost invisable. The price we have agreed on is 745,000 thb, with 12 months rego and 6 month Warranty, a little more than I wanted to spend but It was the nicest one I have looked at and has full service history and a one owner.

Does anyone know of somewhere that does paintless dent removal here in Phuket,on on the main land, also the interior dash paint has a blemish due to a Buddah being attached with double sided tape and removed, it lifted the paint on the top of the dash. Do they do Vinyl repairs here like in Aus as this is a small problem to fix over there but not sure if it can be done here.

I would also like to know if there are street directorys of some sort available in english, as I want to drive to Sisaket next week and have no idea how to get there fron Phuket. Or would a GPS be more advisable. I would like to remove the CD/Radio in the car and Replace it with a TV, GPS DVD , Bluetooth Unit but cannot find any Audio shop that may be able to assist.

Any help greatly appreciated

Hi Guys,

I moved to Phuket a few weeks back on a Retirement Visa.Living in Bang tao for the next year or so.

I have been looking at Toyota Vigo's for the last 2 weeks and decided on a second hand June 07 built 4x4 3ltr G, in Black micra, it has 105,000klm on clock, fully optioned leather etc, aftermarket wide alloy wheels and new tyres, body lift kit, and every conceivable extra on the outside you could immagine, a couple of small dents in one door that can be pushed out, and a small dent in rear bumper that is almost invisable. The price we have agreed on is 745,000 thb, with 12 months rego and 6 month Warranty, a little more than I wanted to spend but It was the nicest one I have looked at and has full service history and a one owner.

Does anyone know of somewhere that does paintless dent removal here in Phuket,on on the main land, also the interior dash paint has a blemish due to a Buddah being attached with double sided tape and removed, it lifted the paint on the top of the dash. Do they do Vinyl repairs here like in Aus as this is a small problem to fix over there but not sure if it can be done here.

I would also like to know if there are street directorys of some sort available in english, as I want to drive to Sisaket next week and have no idea how to get there fron Phuket. Or would a GPS be more advisable. I would like to remove the CD/Radio in the car and Replace it with a TV, GPS DVD , Bluetooth Unit but cannot find any Audio shop that may be able to assist.

Any help greatly appreciated

I would go for a GPS. Harcopy maps are ok in Thailand only until you get lost and cannot read the signs! Although you can easily check out your route (in english) using Google Maps, which lets you compare alternatives.

Sorry no info for you but just thought how things have changed for us in a short time. You just bought your 3 year old, 100,000 km ride for about £15,500 UK, l bought the same car new in August 2007 ( less the Leather ) for £12,300. and now has 43,000 km on the clock. Things are a changing. :crying: .

The pound aint what it used to be... but at least that gives it more room to go up in the longish-term, maybe ..

Edited by tommet

Sorry no info for you but just thought how things have changed for us in a short time. You just bought your 3 year old, 100,000 km ride for about £15,500 UK, l bought the same car new in August 2007 ( less the Leather ) for £12,300. and now has 43,000 km on the clock. Things are a changing. :crying: .

43K Km's in 3 years, derv expensive up there??.

Get out some more, see the countryside

Spend less time on TV

Go to Kata, see your mate, that will put a few more clicks on :ph34r:

43K Km's in 3 years, derv expensive up there??.

Get out some more, see the countryside

Spend less time on TV

Go to Kata, see your mate, that will put a few more clicks on :ph34r:

yepp, phutoie2 and transam your both welcome to Kata. :) vacant rooms in low season, filling up the pool again today after a highpressure clean yesterday

katabeachbum just came home to Kata after a 3800km roadtrip with VIGO to Laos, Vientienne and Nong Kai area. Brought the NInja 650R along, so some additional kms on that one too

The 3,0 VNturbo amazes. 600 km driving locally up there, mostly with 14-16 people on board, kept it on 90 kmh cruise, and milage 8L/10km (12-13 km/litres). Not bad for a 4x4 auto:)

Now the GBP (glorious Brit Punt) is climbing I might just take you up on that offer, its some time now since I dipped my toes in the Andaman Sea. Maybe Trans can bring his collection of 'matchbox' series cars with him.

One of my neigbours (Black Prerunner) likes to get about a bit, He went on a border run to Mae Sot (Tak province) only to find the crossing closed, he should have read TV. After an interesting evening with some Burmese totty they pressed onto Nong Khai, more totty + border run and then back to Petchabun, most of the driving done in torrential downpours too, his car was black, its now orangey.

Now the GBP (glorious Brit Punt) is climbing I might just take you up on that offer, its some time now since I dipped my toes in the Andaman Sea. Maybe Trans can bring his collection of 'matchbox' series cars with him.

One of my neigbours (Black Prerunner) likes to get about a bit, He went on a border run to Mae Sot (Tak province) only to find the crossing closed, he should have read TV. After an interesting evening with some Burmese totty they pressed onto Nong Khai, more totty + border run and then back to Petchabun, most of the driving done in torrential downpours too, his car was black, its now orangey.

I'll have you know my other two motors are not matchbox, they are genuine Hot Wheels and my private jet is genuine Revell, so there. :crazy:

PS. But joking aside, the mrs doesn't like wondering far cos here houses have been relieved of their goodies when it's known people aren't about and so she worries all the time we are away, sad but true. In fact a farang not far from me, has had his place done whilst out last week. Have had family (Isaan) stay to take care but that has had it's own problems :crying: and proves expensive.

I hope all the posters on TV Phuket forum complaining about Phuket crime read this, cause they keep on grinding about all the burglaries in Phuket. I left my 550 sqm villa in Phuket unattended for 6 months, and came back to a dusty but untouched house. So do my neighbors on occasions.

Transam leave your lady watching her houses, and come here and have a draft by the pool while we discuss pros and cons of tyrepressure. Must admit I increased VIGOs pressure to 35psi for my recent 3800km highway trip to cope with high speed and high load. Should drop it again today to manufactorers recomended average pressure.

To the poster to get back to your question, I am not here to brag, if you want the motor in question great , before I bought mine I drove all the other trucks and found the vigo superior to other makes.

That was 5years ago mind !! but what I did is upgrade the rear suspension because in four wheel drive it is Ok to a point !!! but in two drive in corners !! Watch out.

On the way to Maesot seen many two wheel vigo's losing it and crash. It handles well but at the end of the day it's a truck.

To the poster to get back to your question, I am not here to brag, if you want the motor in question great , before I bought mine I drove all the other trucks and found the vigo superior to other makes.

That was 5years ago mind !! but what I did is upgrade the rear suspension because in four wheel drive it is Ok to a point !!! but in two drive in corners !! Watch out.

On the way to Maesot seen many two wheel vigo's losing it and crash. It handles well but at the end of the day it's a truck.

you mean pre VSC.

with VSC engaged, introduced as standard on 3,0 4x4 auto in late 2008, its on rails all the time. Its always engaged, unless driver disengages and drive around with an orange warning lights in speedo.

sometimes i have to disengage it, just to feel alive:D and have some fun drifting:D

My 2004 and 2006 same models did of course not have VSC and in addition had a limited slip and crappy 16" tyres making drifting even more easy

you mean pre VSC.

with VSC engaged, introduced as standard on 3,0 4x4 auto in late 2008, its on rails all the time. Its always engaged, unless driver disengages and drive around with an orange warning lights in speedo.

sometimes i have to disengage it, just to feel alive:D and have some fun drifting:D

My 2004 and 2006 same models did of course not have VSC and in addition had a limited slip and crappy 16" tyres making drifting even more easy

Mine is a 2005 and one of the first 4 x 4 auto's is does not have VSC what ever that is and all big wheel vigo's have 16" wheels prerunner etc, not tyres, tyres can come in many sizes and if you think you are on rails with stadard toyota suspension best of luck to you pal.

My late 2007 4x4 drives like it's on rails in 2 wheel drive unloaded around bends. As yet never felt the back end go it's own way, hmmm, perhaps l'm not as quick as some eh. :)

If you have standard rear suspension it is fine in two wheel until you push it, then it will start to go, in 4WD it's Ok the 4WD locks the back but as I said before to a point.

Mine is a 2005 and one of the first 4 x 4 auto's is does not have VSC what ever that is and all big wheel vigo's have 16" wheels prerunner etc, not tyres, tyres can come in many sizes and if you think you are on rails with stadard toyota suspension best of luck to you pal.

VSC = vehicle stability control

by many others called ESP = electronic stability control

Its an electronic system engaging one ore more wheels brakes and control throttle whenever traction is lost. In addition it uses one ore more wheels brakes offroad when traction is lost. Introduced on off-road capable vehicles in 1992 on Range Rover. Always on rail with standard suspension. If you dont know what it is, you have a new world in staying on rails to explore

and all 2010 VIgo 4x4 3,0 auto comes with 17" and road biased tyres. The 16" where retired 2 years ago on this model.

If you have a 2005, its not one of the first 4x4 autos, but possibly one of the first 200.000. My first Vigo 3,0 4x4 auto was a 2004.

If you have standard rear suspension it is fine in two wheel until you push it, then it will start to go, in 4WD it's Ok the 4WD locks the back but as I said before to a point.

I have the same truck as you, and if I'm reading your post right you have been running on tarmac with 4WD engaged…you don't have a centre differential (like the new Fortuner's) so you stand a good chance of damaging your drive train.

I have the same truck as you, and if I'm reading your post right you have been running on tarmac with 4WD engaged…you don't have a centre differential (like the new Fortuner's) so you stand a good chance of damaging your drive train.

I tend to agree cos my ride does not like slow tarmac stuff in the dry in 4x4. In the wet, great. Reason is we have LSD to get tough with stuff and not the high tech brake on/off.

Ok !!!! slap on the wrists accepted, I run 4WD anytime it's wet it just feels so much more stable, I do not run 4WD in the dry, with the uprated suspension in the dry it is a lot more stable.

I was not aware that they had gone to 17" but maybe it makes sense.

I feel happier with my truck more now and if I damage the drive train, so be it. it will be down to crash and burn I guess.

Thankyou for your infro my English version never came. Kind regards to all.

Edited by Kwasaki

I must admit when in a boy racer mode around the lake where l live, sometimes l get a <deleted> on my bumper, so, into 4x4 and floor it to the verbal abuse of the mrs, but it's great to see the wolly behind squirm on the bends and give up. Daft l know but good fun now and again. :D

Hopefully when the new Lux comes out in 2014 it'll be running the Prado drive train which should mean full time 4WD...just hope they put at least a 200bhp lump in it ;)