Free Fish N Chips

TropicalBerts

OK heres the deal (yes I know youve been waiting Raro!!), on Fridays our special is Fish "n" Chips, garden or mushy peas, bread n butter. Large Dory 190 Bt, Imported Cod 220 Bt. Our happy hours are 4 to 7, draught tiger 80 and 40 Bt, bottles from 45 to 60 Bt. So between 4pm Friday and 7pm whoever is the 7th person to say to me "Bert have you lost weight!" will not only get a pair of glasses:lol: but FREE fish and chips of your choice. The 6 before will get a free drink.

It may get some of the Friday crowd back together again before they head off to other places!!

So if I am not the 7. Person, I could just turn around (after the free drink :whistling: ) and come in again, ask you again and repeat till I get the free Fish and Chips or are too drunk to walk? :ph34r:

you must be a bit drunk to ask this question in the first place...:whistling:

So if I am not the 7. Person, I could just turn around (after the free drink :whistling: ) and come in again, ask you again and repeat till I get the free Fish and Chips or are too drunk to walk? :ph34r:

You could always try!!

You could always try!!

send some up to lampang bert don't worry about the money my word is my bond

Never mind the outside chance of a freebie, if you do a decent fish 'n chips (not dripping with oil, chunky chips not toothpick fries, etc.) I'm happy enough to pay for it. Where are you?

coming from Jameson's walk towards second road, cross it at Bangkok Bank and you're there. Takes 5 min.

Bert's F&C are rated best in town B)

• Like 1

Never mind the outside chance of a freebie, if you do a decent fish 'n chips (not dripping with oil, chunky chips not toothpick fries, etc.) I'm happy enough to pay for it. Where are you?

coming from Jameson's walk towards second road, cross it at Bangkok Bank and you're there. Takes 5 min.

I just knew not saying the location would come back and bite me in the Bum!!, Yes 2nd Road opposite Bangkok bank.

feeling the pinch :)

As Phil says , like everybody at this time. I have been a sponsor of Thai Visa for about four months now and thought it about time I did a little self promoting, however I wanted something with a little humour and geared up for Thai Visa members.

If it works maybe next weeks question will be "Who won last week" If it dont work the question could be "Who gave you the black eye Bert:D !"

I can recommend the Dory and the Cod. Both are to die for. But the last ime I had the cod which I had not had for a long long time....too long, and it certainly did not disappoint and brought back old memories of F&C.

Come on you guys take up the "Bert challenge".

begs

feeling the pinch :)

As Phil says , like everybody at this time. I have been a sponsor of Thai Visa for about four months now and thought it about time I did a little self promoting, however I wanted something with a little humour and geared up for Thai Visa members.

If it works maybe next weeks question will be "Who won last week" If it dont work the question could be "Who gave you the black eye Bert:D !"

whatever, my eye is fine thankyou and I prefer to eat and drink without the "chance" of a bargain or being ripped off, now where did I put my fishing rod....................biteing hard....oh those where the good old days when I could be greedy and get away with it lol, keep the shutters oiled you never know

Edited by smedly

Is that into the small precinct with you on the right and Seamico beyond you on the corner?

Is that into the small precinct with you on the right and Seamico beyond you on the corner?

correct, that's where it is!

I actually tried the cod last night and cannot understand the hype about "real" F&C made from cod at all. the dory just tastes so much better and comes at a lower price!

Talk about Tactics!!!

Raro and Phil Conners arrived from opposite ends of the building at the same time, far too early. They then phoned their wife's hoping they would be in with a chance, they got the question right but still to early. They all got a free drink, now things got crafty, Begsaresponse and Dotty arrived but did not ask the question!!! had a drink and left. Meanwhile GEZ. T arrives, see's whats going on and orders Cod and Chips to take away Later!. Begs and Dotty return with John 101 and start asking the Q, Gez T tries to jump in at the same time and Raro and Phil sneek out the back door to see whatever happened to the old library :whistling: John 101 was the 7th, Begs and Dotty got a drink, Gez T got nothing + had to pay for his take away!!, :lol:

Next promotionm; maybe Ribs n Baked potato

Hey Bert, there were more than 7 farangs when we arrived, but as a rare drinker the loss of zero chance for a freebie was quite bearable. Sorry no intro, but we were in patch mode...you know, high wire, gale force winds, no safety net...

You were out of cod, but must agree with raro that the dory was spot on, and it was also a delight to eat real chips for a change. Mrs doesn't have too much free time for outings, but she also liked your gaff so hopefully will revisit over the next few days.

Keep well.

Hey Bert, there were more than 7 farangs when we arrived, but as a rare drinker the loss of zero chance for a freebie was quite bearable. Sorry no intro, but we were in patch mode...you know, high wire, gale force winds, no safety net...

You were out of cod, but must agree with raro that the dory was spot on, and it was also a delight to eat real chips for a change. Mrs doesn't have too much free time for outings, but she also liked your gaff so hopefully will revisit over the next few days.

Keep well.

Thanks for the feedback Leemo, yes we did run out of Cod and no more at the supplier until Tuesday, sorry about that.

Hope to meet you next time

Cheers

Bert

Not worried about the freebies so much if the foods good ill come when i get to patters, are you located just over the lights past tiptop?.

its so hard to get good fish n chips here in Los{loc}.

Although i used to go to seaaide 2 off soi bukow that wasnt bad for 110 bhat origionally 90 baht but as all things go up the price changed, still good value though and real chips.

Not worried about the freebies so much if the foods good ill come when i get to patters, are you located just over the lights past tiptop?.

its so hard to get good fish n chips here in Los{loc}.

Although i used to go to seaaide 2 off soi bukow that wasnt bad for 110 bhat origionally 90 baht but as all things go up the price changed, still good value though and real chips.

Hi Aikido

We are on 2nd Road, carry on up 2nd road after the lights at Tops, across from the Bangkok bank and just before Soi 6/1 there is a turning to the left, we are there.

Cheers

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

You won't be disappointed, unless your taste buds are calling for cod. Been there 4x and nearest I got to cod was a firm promise that maybe next time...I reckon it's a bait 'n switch joint, but will let you know because will be there again tomollo.

You won't be disappointed, unless your taste buds are calling for cod. Been there 4x and nearest I got to cod was a firm promise that maybe next time...I reckon it's a bait 'n switch joint, but will let you know because will be there again tomollo.

Sorry Leemo, still no Cod, we can get Cod Loin but as far as I am concerned that is not what customers want for Fish n Chips, so would rather say sorry no CodI will try again tomorrow just in case they have it.

Cheers

Bert

Update for Leemo, if you come in tomorrow and we have no Cod please ask for me and I will buy you Dory and Chips, not too late as we have a Birthday Party at 5pm and I could be falling upstairs by 9.

And for all you lot who thought you could come in at breakfast saying "Hi Bert, Leemo's the name, Cod's the game!!" firstly I am never up for breakfast and secondly that aint the password.

Leemo please PM me one if your coming in.

Cheers

Bert