Did Abhisit Text Himself Into More Trouble?

webfact

If the telecom comapnies benefitted financially in any way, which they certainly did, then there is corruption afoot... but will anyone pay?

Please explain how the telecom companies benefitted financially

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the telecom comapnies benefitted financially in any way, which they certainly did, then there is corruption afoot... but will anyone pay?

Because they got paid for the Sms messages did they not ?? not sure if they did but I don't expect they did it for free 17 Million SMS messages costs money so someone either made that amount or saved that amount.

IF you had read the articles, you would know. ฿3 for each reply, with the Finance Minister saying they would "waive" the normal taxes on that.

• Like 1

Ok, here's how I look at it. This same committee made rulings within a few WEEKS in regards to Samak and the cooking show, as well as against Somchi Wongsawat in regards to the Preah Vihear agreement endorsement. To me, both of those were nonsensical and hardly worth removing a PM for.

So now we have another nonsensical case, but in this instance, it has dragged on for over a year. Klanarong Chanthik, a commissioner with NACC said they hadn't been able to make a ruling yet, which is very important because it concerns the removal of a PM and Finance Minister, and require careful consideration. Doesn't sound like they took that "careful consideration" into account against the two former PM's, and were able to give decisions within weeks, but have now taken over a year to reach a decision for this one.

Sorry, but it doesn't take over a year to figure out if someone is guilty or not on this case, and it seriously sounds like nothing more than a bid to buy more time for the Democrats.

If the law can't be applied equally to everyone, then those applying it need to be replaced with those who can and will.

If NACC was really as biased towards the Democrats as you imply then they would have just declared Abhisit innocent by now instead of dragging him through this nonsense, wouldn't they? Perhaps the reason they haven't ruled as quickly on this one is that it is not as clear cut. Samak was directly paid by for his TV show in which he also apparently propagandized for his own political position. That seems a little more straightforward than this SMS BS.

As for replacing those applying the law with those who can apply it equally to everyone - exactly who do you suggest? The Thaksin camp has a pretty poor record on that one, don't you think?

Gee, when I pointed out the expediency in which guilt was found against two former MP's for their actions, I don't remember saying whether I thought they were guilty or not, merely that I thought the cases were "nonsensical", by which I mean "very petty", and not really worth dismissing a PM for. I also stated that I thought this case against the current PM is also "nonsensical", making no reference to his guilt or innocence in the matter, but merely pointed out that it has taken over a year to make a decision which, IMHO, is merely "foot dragging" on something that should be relative simple to investigate and decide.

However, I should have realized that any comment I make which can be interpreted, or should I say "misinterpreted" by a Yellow PAD Democrat, is going to immediately draw their flack. Try reading the post with an OPEN mind and understanding what it says, instead of interpreting it to say what you want.

You call the delay in ruling on the case "a bid to buy more time for the Democrats". That seems a pretty clear statement from you that you see pro-Democrat bias from the NACC. I don't see how I misinterpreted your comment. I then simply suggested that the Samak case was a little more clear cut than this one. What exactly do you object to in my statement? I suggest you follow your own advice and read with an open mind rather than smearing someone with a label (which you may notice I did NOT do) simply because they disagree with you. I have nothing to do with the PAD/yellows, I think in many ways they have hurt the country, just perhaps not as much as the reds.

IF you had read the articles, you would know. ฿3 for each reply, with the Finance Minister saying they would "waive" the normal taxes on that.

So, the Telecom companies got ฿3 for each reply. Do you really think that amounted to anything at all? People don't normally reply to spam.

AFAIK, they did not get paid for sending out the 17 mill SMSs, so even if 10% replied, I really don't believe they made any profit on this, if you factor in the cost of sending out those SMSs in the first place.

There is no financial gain here for Abisit or his Govenment!

If the phone companies decided to provide a free public service then its up to them.

The alternative measure to contact 17,000,000 people would have been costly to the Thai Treasury.

Unfair Political advantage? perhaps?

It's a ridiculous charge in the 1st place.

The airwaves are a licensed public utility,

and communicating to the public, using public access mechanism,

via using the public airwaves is part of the brief for any government.

Just more idiocies from PT to win back power.

What is the percentage of PTP charges that actually are actionable?

A startlingly minuscule percentage. Why can't they be charged for

spurious / frivolous lawsuits?

If the NCCC goes along with this,

then I suspect some one has gotten to them...

Under UK law they would be known as Vexatious Litigants. Aka, bloody time wasters.

When is all this silly infighting going to stop and getting on with actually running the country?

Ok, here's how I look at it. This same committee made rulings within a few WEEKS in regards to Samak and the cooking show, as well as against Somchi Wongsawat in regards to the Preah Vihear agreement endorsement. To me, both of those were nonsensical and hardly worth removing a PM for.

So now we have another nonsensical case, but in this instance, it has dragged on for over a year. Klanarong Chanthik, a commissioner with NACC said they hadn't been able to make a ruling yet, which is very important because it concerns the removal of a PM and Finance Minister, and require careful consideration. Doesn't sound like they took that "careful consideration" into account against the two former PM's, and were able to give decisions within weeks, but have now taken over a year to reach a decision for this one.

Sorry, but it doesn't take over a year to figure out if someone is guilty or not on this case, and it seriously sounds like nothing more than a bid to buy more time for the Democrats.

If the law can't be applied equally to everyone, then those applying it need to be replaced with those who can and will.

If NACC was really as biased towards the Democrats as you imply then they would have just declared Abhisit innocent by now instead of dragging him through this nonsense, wouldn't they? Perhaps the reason they haven't ruled as quickly on this one is that it is not as clear cut. Samak was directly paid by for his TV show in which he also apparently propagandized for his own political position. That seems a little more straightforward than this SMS BS.

As for replacing those applying the law with those who can apply it equally to everyone - exactly who do you suggest? The Thaksin camp has a pretty poor record on that one, don't you think?

Gee, when I pointed out the expediency in which guilt was found against two former MP's for their actions, I don't remember saying whether I thought they were guilty or not, merely that I thought the cases were "nonsensical", by which I mean "very petty", and not really worth dismissing a PM for. I also stated that I thought this case against the current PM is also "nonsensical", making no reference to his guilt or innocence in the matter, but merely pointed out that it has taken over a year to make a decision which, IMHO, is merely "foot dragging" on something that should be relative simple to investigate and decide.

However, I should have realized that any comment I make which can be interpreted, or should I say "misinterpreted" by a Yellow PAD Democrat, is going to immediately draw their flack. Try reading the post with an OPEN mind and understanding what it says, instead of interpreting it to say what you want.

Try and remember Somchai was not removed from office for the Prae Vear decisions,

but for PPP cheating to win the elections. And that DID take the better part

of a year to decide about.

Nopadom Thaksin's personal spokesman rightly resigned for

not understanding his job parematers and signing a document with

another nation, that he had no authority to sign.

And this TPI poline think is 2 TRUCK loads of information, trying to make a case,

not one clear cut document signed most publicly.

Whine all you like, but this really is apples and oranges,

and your not making your case when the facts you use are incorrect.

• Like 1

Man you got to love PT love for its people.

All PM did was introduced himself, which is a nice change, yet here they are looking for corruption and abuse of power.

What and how exactly did PM gain financially from sending sms?

Because he did not have to pay for them himself so he made a huge savings

No, the 'Thai taxpayers' didn't have to pay for this jump start into connecting with his constituency.

He can have his Sunday talk show to speak with the people directly, no difference with this SMS.

it' just distributed through another form of 'government licensed public information purveyor'.

This argument against him is legless.

• Like 2

The question is:

Was this a self-promotional effort by the telcos, or it was a paid advertisement.

1) If the first part is true, then the telcos should declare it was a self-promotional effort to encourage the use of their own services -- thus it was in fact an act to encourage their customers to chat/SMS/talk about any issues which might generate more communication.

otherwise:

2) If it was actually at the request of the dems/Abhisit, then perhaps the cell companies just forgot to send the dems the bill. So let them send it now, let them pay for it, and be done with it.

Either way, simple, DONE.

Edited by Chua

The question is:

Was this a self-promotional effort by the telcos, or it was a paid advertisement.

1) If the first part is true, then the telcos should declare it was a self-promotional effort to encourage the use of their own services -- thus it was in fact an act to encourage their customers to chat/SMS/talk about any issues which might generate more communication.

otherwise:

2) If it was actually at the request of the dems/Abhisit, then perhaps the cell companies just forgot to send the dems the bill. So let them send it now, let them pay for it, and be done with it.

Either way, simple, DONE.

Or it's the request of the Prime Minister of the country, as he takes office,

essentially an official first question and answer session.

TV concessionaires must broadcast his content on request,

why should the telcom concessionaires be any different?

Utter and completely pathetic CRAP !!!!! How can Thailand expect to get anywhere with this sort of rubbish going on, it is laughable in the extreme. Talk abnout losing face as THiland is doing that in a big way in teh international scene, a complete laughing stock so I hope the country will now grow up and show they are mature and sensible people as I know most ordinary folk are. Abhist and Corruption ?? I don't think so. Just compare that to what Thaksin has done and found guilty of by an unbiased court when his brother in law was the PM too, THAT is corruption. Abhist is NOT a corrupt man I am fairly sure of that so let the guy get on with his job. He is doing the best job of any PM here in the last 10 years and probably for a lot longer before that. No matter what your political stance and whether Thai or falang you have to respect this guy is doing a good job against some amazing problems that have been unfairly forced on him. SO let him get on with the job in hand until teh next general election. I dislike immensely right wing politics so really the Democrats are not of my political bias but then again no one is more right wing than Thaksin and his crooked cronies. Abhist is a good man and the right man for the job at this time. SO STOP BEING BLOODY IDIOTS AND LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET THE COUNTRY GET BACK ON ITS FEET AGAIN ... PLEASE !!! PATHETIC IN THE EXTREME

• Like 1

<BR>
<BR>Was wondering if PTP has ever done anything constructive in this term?<BR><BR>Seems to me everything they do is designed to either hurt the Dems or the country.<BR><BR>Their MP's were elected by their constituncies to be part of a parliament that is there to run the country for the good of the people.<BR><BR>Just because they are called the opposition doesnt mean they have to oppose anything and everything.<BR><BR>They should be working for the good of the country, sitting on comitties, supporting good legislation, trying to improve bad and if it cant be improved then opposing it.<BR><BR>They appear to be hunting for any small excuse to disrupt the country and prevent it moving forward.<BR><BR>I suppose their platform for the coming by-election says it all when the only real policy they have is bring back Khun T.<BR>
<BR><BR>Pretty similar tactics to the Dems a few years ago.<BR>Remember the unopposed election ???<BR>What's good for the gander etc......<BR>
<BR>The only thing the Dems have done in this term is try to bring Thaksin down. The Dems it is Thaksin Thaksin and more Thaksin. Forget about Thaksin and start doing your job. Typical politics buy your way into power, and then do nothing for the people only yourselves. Anybody would think the Dems are in love with Thaksin they can't stop talking about him.<BR><BR>

What a load of Cods Wollop!!!

Leave the guy alone to do his job.

How can they expect to move forward by bringing up bullshite like this all the time?

Who started that bullshit?I rememember one PM had to go because he cooked in a TV show

Utter and completely pathetic CRAP !!!!! How can Thailand expect to get anywhere with this sort of rubbish going on, it is laughable in the extreme. Talk abnout losing face as THiland is doing that in a big way in teh international scene, a complete laughing stock so I hope the country will now grow up and show they are mature and sensible people as I know most ordinary folk are. Abhist and Corruption ?? I don't think so. Just compare that to what Thaksin has done and found guilty of by an unbiased court when his brother in law was the PM too, THAT is corruption. Abhist is NOT a corrupt man I am fairly sure of that so let the guy get on with his job. He is doing the best job of any PM here in the last 10 years and probably for a lot longer before that. No matter what your political stance and whether Thai or falang you have to respect this guy is doing a good job against some amazing problems that have been unfairly forced on him. SO let him get on with the job in hand until teh next general election. I dislike immensely right wing politics so really the Democrats are not of my political bias but then again no one is more right wing than Thaksin and his crooked cronies. Abhist is a good man and the right man for the job at this time. SO STOP BEING BLOODY IDIOTS AND LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET THE COUNTRY GET BACK ON ITS FEET AGAIN ... PLEASE !!! PATHETIC IN THE EXTREME

When was Thailand on its feet last time?That was when Mr.Thaksin was in office,since Mr.Thaksin left, Thailand is going down.I don't like Mr.Thaksin,

he acted like an Imperator and changed immigration laws to the disadvantage of foreigners in Thailand.Still if I compare the time with Mr.Thaksin and the Time without Mr.Thaksin, then I very want him come back.He was the best PM ever for Thaipeople,with Mr.Thaksin Thailand had a plan,with Mr.Thaksin Thailand passed Vietnam already[economicly]most Thais gave a sh.. Mr.Thaksin filled his pockets and the pockets of his friends or family,or some drug dealers got killed,because at that time Thais had a job,had money and had food on the table,and this counts for the average Thai,Mr.Thaksin got sacked not for any corruption sh.. or selling whatever to foreigners,but he got sacked for stepping on the feet of the wrong people,he tried to cut power of royalist and military,and he did not need the bribes of Bkk elite,and those 3 groups made him fall ,if you look into the political past of Thailand then you will see any former Thai government was always royalist and military friendly[they had to]and if royalists or military did not like the government,then the government got sacked,easy as that,in the case with Mr.Thaksin they made a mistake,they underestimated the support for Mr.Thaksin,support from the average Thai,and they underestimated the stubborness of Mr.Thaksin and surely his moneypower.For me as foreigner Democrats or Mr.Thaksin are both not acceptable governments,but here is not USA or Germany,here is Thailand,and you can't apply 1st world thinking on a 3rd. world country.

When was Thailand on its feet last time?That was when Mr.Thaksin was in office,since Mr.Thaksin left, Thailand is going down.I don't like Mr.Thaksin,

he acted like an Imperator and changed immigration laws to the disadvantage of foreigners in Thailand.Still if I compare the time with Mr.Thaksin and the Time without Mr.Thaksin, then I very want him come back.He was the best PM ever for Thaipeople,with Mr.Thaksin Thailand had a plan,with Mr.Thaksin Thailand passed Vietnam already[economicly]most Thais gave a sh.. Mr.Thaksin filled his pockets and the pockets of his friends or family,or some drug dealers got killed,because at that time Thais had a job,had money and had food on the table,and this counts for the average Thai,Mr.Thaksin got sacked not for any corruption sh.. or selling whatever to foreigners,but he got sacked for stepping on the feet of the wrong people,he tried to cut power of royalist and military,and he did not need the bribes of Bkk elite,and those 3 groups made him fall ,if you look into the political past of Thailand then you will see any former Thai government was always royalist and military friendly[they had to]and if royalists or military did not like the government,then the government got sacked,easy as that,in the case with Mr.Thaksin they made a mistake,they underestimated the support for Mr.Thaksin,support from the average Thai,and they underestimated the stubborness of Mr.Thaksin and surely his moneypower.For me as foreigner Democrats or Mr.Thaksin are both not acceptable governments,but here is not USA or Germany,here is Thailand,and you can't apply 1st world thinking on a 3rd. world country.

I'll be interested to see if this very true and very accurate post is allowed to stand.

How can they expect to move forward by bringing up bullshite like this all the time?

I think they got the idea from the Clinton sex scandal in the US. Really helped the US move forward, right? If that hadn't happened, Gore would have easily won in 2000 and the US would never have invaded Iraq. Be a whole different world.

But politics keeps getting crazier and crazier.

Edited by montrii

... and his job is to screw thai economy... which he is doing very well...

So glad that he will see the justice...

I am not surprised how you have (assuming you are a westerner) double standards and you wanna apply it to thailand as well...

Do you Reds think that Chalerm is going to be a better PM than Abhisit is? It does look as though there is a good chance of that happening and I expect that we will see some of the posters here suddenly become very quiet when they see what a mess their "Champions of Democracy and Free Speech" will make of the country.

Abhisit and the Democrats are far from perfect. Their stand on censorship and oppression of free speech is highly objectionable, but I really do believe that they are clearly the lesser of two evils.

I'll be interested to see if this very true and very accurate post is allowed to stand.

Thasksin benefited greatly from a cyclic high in the world economy.

The world economy tanked from external factors when his PPP was in power and they MISSED IT COMPLETELY.

Korn was watching and thankfully was able to soften the fall for Thailand when he was given control.

This 'life was better under Thaksin' comcept is a ghost, a chimera, and false reality,

because it wasn't Thaksin's work that created these better economic times we had then.

But the world economy went bad 1.5 years AFTER he went down

and under his HIS political teams watch, PPP, and they DROPPED THE BALL COMPLETELY.

PPP, Samak and Somchai, never even commented on the collapse of the USA banking and mortgage system once.

They just missed it completely

Now,

Mr. Thaksin's worker bees are doing their best to bring the economy worse in Thailand, to force the Dems out.

Anything to regain power, no matter what harm it does to the nation and it's people.

Yes that's real leadership... straight to hel_l.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

What and how exactly did PM gain financially from sending sms?

..Well said....."What and how exactly did the former PM Samak gain financially from hosting a cooking show.. :bah::blink::o

Money and free publicity, that makes people jealous.

I think they got the idea from the Clinton sex scandal in the US. Really helped the US move forward, right? If that hadn't happened, Gore would have easily won in 2000 and the US would never have invaded Iraq. Be a whole different world.

But politics keeps getting crazier and crazier.

you must understand most of these guys are uneducated and they are not do gooders, they are in it fot the graft.

I think the point is that they don't care about moving forward. It's always "us versus them". Abhisit is the one usually talking about moving forward.

Do you Reds think that Chalerm is going to be a better PM than Abhisit is? It does look as though there is a good chance of that happening and I expect that we will see some of the posters here suddenly become very quiet when they see what a mess their "Champions of Democracy and Free Speech" will make of the country.

The Pheu Thai Party Brain Trust... Chavalit and Chalerm... Put Thailand's future in that mush of grey matter?

ptpbraintrust.jpg

Edited by ThaksinKharma

The problems in this country will continue until graft/ corruption is eliminated. I heard recently that the government is to give new help to the agricultural sector. Specifically they are going to subsidise maize production. 1 firm stands to gain hugely from this subsidy: CP foods. The price of eggs is sky rocketting. Who is benefitting from this price hike? CP foods. Who is a shareholder of CP foods? Abhisits father. Nothing illegal probably, but it becomes obvious that, whilst not yet on the grand scale of Thaksin he's on the gravy train.

The judiciary are in the pockets of the ruling elite. If the SMS scandal had involved a Peua Thai MP they'd be banned from politics by now. And what about the illegal donation to the Democrat party? When the PPP government was overthrown by the judiciary on behalf of the ruling elite it was done with indecent haste and the party given inadequate time to prepare their defence but the illegal donations issue jhas drifted on for well over a year now.

Meanwhile to poor continue to be the losers. with Thailand having one of the worst disparities of wealth and poeverty in the world.