Embarrassing Farangs.

Moonrakers

I personally think that we should hold tryouts and auditions for 7-11 singing and dancing timeslots.

Can the singing and dancing be done at a more respectable hour? say 5 to 6 pm?

Edited by Head Snake

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you see the same guy in family mart maybe the staff will have had enough of him already and call the police…

Then you can sing….

"I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me

He's just a poor boy from a poor family

Spare him his life from this monstrosity

Easy come easy go - will you let me go

It's the LAW! No - we will not let you go - let him go

It's the LAW! We will not let you go - let him go

It's the LAW! We will not let you go - let me go

Will not let you go - let me go (never)

Never let you go - let me go

Never let me go - ooo

No, no, no, no, no, no, no"

Erm.. OK then, how about a little 'tea money' !!!

(Some ones going to tell me to get my coat now I think.... )

Another one bites the dust.

Well if you see the same guy in family mart maybe the staff will have had enough of him already and call the police…

Then you can sing….

"I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me

He's just a poor boy from a poor family

Spare him his life from this monstrosity

Easy come easy go - will you let me go

It's the LAW! No - we will not let you go - let him go

It's the LAW! We will not let you go - let him go

It's the LAW! We will not let you go - let me go

Will not let you go - let me go (never)

Never let you go - let me go

Never let me go - ooo

No, no, no, no, no, no, no"

Erm.. OK then, how about a little 'tea money' !!!

(Some ones going to tell me to get my coat now I think.... )

Another one bites the dust.

How about the 7-11 seas of Rhye. I know "corny"

I personally think that we should hold tryouts and auditions for 7-11 singing and dancing timeslots.

Can the singing and dancing be done at a more respectable hour? say 5 to 6 pm?

You've answered your own question by using the term "respectable hour"

:)

I did have a bit of a cringe when I was doing a temple tour in Bangkok a few years back. Two very attractive young farang girls were wandering just outside one temple wearing bikini tops and short saris wrapped around their waists. The Thais looked aghast. I had no idea if they had been in the temple or not..i think surely not as someone would have stopped them. But Gawd..made me wonder what impression Thai people were getting of farang females in Thailand. I was in a tuktuk and drove past. If i was walking i would probably have tried to nicely tell them to cover up..try to explain why it could be seen as offensive/disrespectful/inappropriate..... but the mind boggles why they didnt realise..or maybe the did and just didnt care..

The mind also boggles how someone, anyone, can really write a Post like that with the so incredibly naive sentences in it that i've highlighted ..

I too got deeply, deeply offended & found it very disrespectful & innapropriate the first time i went down Soi Cowboy as i was under the impression that ALL Thai people were conservative & got offended when " people " wore things like Bikini's etc, little did i know though..

But that's ok though is it ??

Or would you have said, if you weren't in a Tuk Tuk that drove past " Hi Girls, i appreciate that less than 4 miles away there are hundreds of Thai Girls that are naked thrusting every part of their Bodies in people's faces but that's ok, you however have made my mind boggle with the fact that you didn't realise, or you just don't care, that you have only a Bikini top on in these Hundred degree Temperatures & i wonder what impression Thai people get of Foreign Females with people like you two doing what you're doing ?? "

Bwah

One rule for one as always in this place..

Ridiculous.

I did have a bit of a cringe when I was doing a temple tour in Bangkok a few years back. Two very attractive young farang girls were wandering just outside one temple wearing bikini tops and short saris wrapped around their waists. The Thais looked aghast. I had no idea if they had been in the temple or not..i think surely not as someone would have stopped them. But Gawd..made me wonder what impression Thai people were getting of farang females in Thailand. I was in a tuktuk and drove past. If i was walking i would probably have tried to nicely tell them to cover up..try to explain why it could be seen as offensive/disrespectful/inappropriate..... but the mind boggles why they didnt realise..or maybe the did and just didnt care..

The mind also boggles how someone, anyone, can really write a Post like that with the so incredibly naive sentences in it that i've highlighted ..

I too got deeply, deeply offended & found it very disrespectful & innapropriate the first time i went down Soi Cowboy as i was under the impression that ALL Thai people were conservative & got offended when " people " wore things like Bikini's etc, little did i know though..

Or would you have said, if you weren't in a Tuk Tuk that drove past " Hi Girls, i appreciate that less than 4 miles away there are hundreds of Thai Girls that are naked thrusting every part of their Bodies in people's faces but that's ok, you however have made my mind boggle with the fact that you didn't realise, or you just don't care, that you have only a Bikini top on in these Hundred degree Temperatures & i wonder what impression Thai people get of Foreign Females with people like you two doing what you're doing ?? "

Bwah

Ridiculous.

You've completely lost me. Eek is talking about appropriate dress while visiting a temple and you're comparing that to how women dress in a go-go bar? Are you insane? So let me get this straight--in your country, what women wear to church is largely similar to what they would wear in strip clubs, correct? By the way, what planet are you from?

If they were actually in the temple dressed that way, it would've been inappropriate and even offensive. We don't know that they were, and, personally, I've yet to see anyone walk into t temple dressed that way.

But if they were just walking down the street and happened to walk past a temple, well, I don't think Thai's would be aghast. While not exactly approving, most Thai's are fairly easy-going about these things, especially where tourists are involved.

Easy going they may be, but I happen to hear what they say and they don't find it appropriate in the city, they are generally just too polite to say anything to the foreigner.

8>< SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

Bwah

Ridiculous.

You're absolutely right. I find all that naked gyrating in Soi Cowboy distatasteful and embarassing. I sometimes have to pay hundreds of baht to get the girl to cover herself, and then come for a cup of coffee and a discussion of morals, or whatever

SC

8>< SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

Bwah

Ridiculous.

You're absolutely right. I find all that naked gyrating in Soi Cowboy distatasteful and embarassing. I sometimes have to pay hundreds of baht to get the girl to cover herself, and then come for a cup of coffee and a discussion of morals, or whatever

SC

I know what you mean. I have the same problem with massage parlors that give 'other services' — it's very annoying.

Well for me the most embarrassing Farangs are those that ride Harley,s pretending to be outlaws or the such like.

Have you seen the film 'Wild Hogs'?

All very light hearted really, leather chaps and rubber undies.

Makes me laugh, but not at them or that would be really embarrassing....

I guess the ones that actually operate methamphetmine laboratories could be classed as outlaws, but its doubtful every Harley rider is up to that, but you never know ;)