No More Multi Entry Resident B Visa From Vientienne

Returning from a trip to Vientienne yesterday they are no longer offering ANY multiple entry B VISA's

The best you can hope for is a 3 month single entry

After talking to 10 expats in the visa pickup line, the story was the same for all

One expat was denied a tourist visa for the reason as having too many

Some patrons needing to apply for a tourist VISA showed up 20 minutes before noon on Friday to be told the VISA office was closed and they would have to come back Monday; even though posted hours were 12:00

Vientienne is extremely dusty and dirty from all the construction

The prices everywhere are skyrocketing out of control and every Tom, Dick and Harry is trying to swindle every baht or kip they can from you

Believe only a few consulates in the region will issue a multiple non-B, and that is only if you submit certain proof (depending on the consulate what they want to see).

The earlier closing time is also not unusual if it is bussy and they issued a lot of que numbers.

mmmmmm

not good news as i am planning to be there on friday to get a new multi non b :(

are they simply not issuing any at all regardless of the paperwork?

will try anyway as going for a two week holiday and will save me a trip to KL.

should be interesting if they turn my application down as to the reason given considering that they gave me a multi there last year, plus expensive as it means i then need to go to KL.

oh, the joys of ever changing rules. In fact might just go back to extensions if its getting that hard for the multi non b's