Phnom Penh

bangkrasor

I am looking to go to PP for a few days to obtain a new NON-B visa and in the meantime have a short break away from Thailand. I am looking for some recomendations on the best way to get the visa (e.g. through a local agent or go embassy myself), nice hotel to stay close to the main entertainment/ areas/city center, restaurant/bars not to miss and things to do.

Ill be flying in from BKK, hotel budget not over 50 USD/night

Thanks in advance

Go and get the visa yourself. Hand in your passport/application early and pick it up the next day.

I take it you have the documents for a single entry visa? Multiple visa's are not easy to get in PP.

Plenty of decent 25$ hotels in PP but i cant remember the names. You may even get a 4 star hotel cheaply if you book online.

It's time i went back to PP. enjoy!

You can get a tourist visa on arrival at the airport in PP. No Problem at all. Have a photo and $20 American. Fill out the paperwork on the plane. Once off the plane follow the crowd to the immigration desk where you hand in your passport and paperwork. Then move over to your right and wait for the customs official to hold up your passport. No need to form another line as your passport won't be given back in the order in which it was received. Just move off to the right and wait. Then, when you see your passport, hand them your $20 and you're on your way through customs check-in.

Plenty of nice hotels available some for $20 and up. Depends on your definition of nice. Some have free airport pick -up.