Best Hotel - Chaweng Beach

Hi there. i am looking for a 5 star hotel in the Chaweng beach area. i know this area is quite long, but am looking for a hotel which is close to all the bars and restaurants. ( a bit like the hilton in hua hin ). i have never been to samui before, so am looking for your help. I did book the x2 hotel in rayong earlier this year, but on arrival found out the hotel was about 15 miles from rayong town. so was a little disappointed. dont want to make the same mistake.

so i am looking for a recommendation of a 5* hotel, close to all the action, in chaweng beach. please.

thank you

Edited by kunash

many places all around the green mango soi area on the Chaweng mid beach pick one for 2 nights and if not happy you will have plenty of choice to find an other one as occupancy is very very low right now in Samui. No problems at all.

In real terms you do need a roof under which to sleep........ and security included.....Ark Bar is fun with Accomodations etc...etc......but be careful if and when going to Koh Phang Ghan it is very wild over there and be aware in Koh Samui danger exists.

5* places on Chaweng beach roll in at around 15k Baht a night......try the Chaweng Buri for around 3k Baht....as said alreeady you just need somewhere decent to sleep and this place is good value for money. Not 5* but 5 mins walk from Green Mango and bang on the middle of the beach. ;)

If you stick with 5* the next to the action on Chaweng would be the Briza, the Centara Grand and Poppies. Closer and 4*(+) Chaweng Regent and Amari. More 3*(+) in the center like the Baan Samui, Chaweng Buri and of course many smaller ones.

chaweng Garden is also nice, just opposite Green Mango party area.

OP asked for 5 Star Hotel, i thing Chaweng garden does not meet his requirements

that's true. they don't have 5 stars at all. but it is near the party area.

not sure if any of those mentioned are genuine 5 stars. be careful if you want actual 5 star facilities. if by 5 star you just mean 'really nice upmarket hotel' then poppies is fantastic.

The only other place in Chaweng which really qualifies is Centara all the rest of the well fronted pretenders are overpriced imo. But decent hotels are available for much less.;)