Interesting Trips And/Or Tours? Kpg

Hi everyone,

Off to KPG next week and just looking for any offbeat or slightly different tours. Just don't want the usual longtail trip, another elephant or monkey show etc, instead looking for some easy trekking, sightseeing tours somewhat off the beaten track.

Staying up at Hat Salad if that makes any difference.

Thnaks in advance for any help/tips.

CHEERS

Steve & Kelly

If you can ride a scooter (or preferably a dirt bike) on rough roads with big hills, there are two rides in KPG with amazing off-the-beaten-track destinations that come to mind.

1) The road to Haad Yuan, spectacular sights along the way, takes you to an idyllic post card tropical beach. Some very steep hills on that dirt road. Haad Yuan can also be trekked to over the mountains from Haad Rin (fitness essential), or simply take a relaxing/picturesque 10min long tail ride there.

2) The track (off the main road to Thong Nai Pan) to the waterfalls between Haad Yuan and Than Sadet. These waterfalls have been seen by very few adventurers, and even fewer have climbed down to the small desolate beach at the bottom - the most remote beach in KPG.

jose '-)

Edited by Jose

LOL :lol:

Try finding a bar where they're not smoking ganga.

Only smoking it???? Last summer a couple of bars on KPG you were brazenly growing it out the back.

Try finding a decent girlie bar where they don't play disco

That's not disco!!!!

Disco to me is the classic stuff from the late 70's, not the boom, bing, boom, tinky, tinky stuff that gets trotted out at the beer bars. Not keen on Jenga or Connect 4 either.

Try finding a powerboat ferry with life jackets

Lomprayah for us this time around. Had enough of overcrowded and overpriced speedboats.

And being serious for a minute how about swimming between the two islands???? The point up by Sila Evason to Haad Rin can only be about 5 miles. Both of us do a few Intermediate triathlons a year and wondered whether it was possible (local tides, prohibitions etc) or whether people do it regularly.

Very strong currents. I wouldn't really recommend it, especially this time of year when the strong winds can blow out of the west frighteningly fast.

Trek from Haad Rin to Haad Yuan. Or take the road just past the first big hill on the Haad Rin road out of Ban Kai (dirt road leading up into the mountains)over the hills to Haad Yuan (I think thats where it ends up, friends of mine did it a couple of years ago).

Oh and screaming eagle, you are such a scream. :rolleyes:

I have walked from Had Rin to Had Yuan and back along the coast without any path, slept somewhere on a stony beach in a ruin. A small adventure.

The harmless, but still strenuous variation would be the walk over the hill from Had Rin to the sanctuary.

Very strong currents. I wouldn't really recommend it, especially this time of year when the strong winds can blow out of the west frighteningly fast.

Trek from Haad Rin to Haad Yuan. Or take the road just past the first big hill on the Haad Rin road out of Ban Kai (dirt road leading up into the mountains)over the hills to Haad Yuan (I think thats where it ends up, friends of mine did it a couple of years ago).

Oh and screaming eagle, you are such a scream. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Mistress Whiplash!!!!!! Do you think I need punishment??:blink:

• Like 2