Foreign Envoys Attend Controversial Exhibition At Pheu Thai Party

webfact

Foreign Envoys Attend Controversial Exhibition at Pheu Thai Party

gallery_327_1086_2841.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Foreign envoys and ambassadors attended an exhibition entitled '7 Days, 7 Pains of the People' that is being held at the headquarters of the Pheu Thai Party in Bangkok.

Meanwhile, the party's spokesman will submit a petition to the Election Commission and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration asking for a temporary release of the Pheu Thai candidate running in Bangkok's Constituency 6 by-election.

Foreign envoys and ambassadors from 23 countries including Germany, China, Cambodia, India and Australia attended the '7 Days, 7 Pains of the People' exhibition that features a replica of the Ratchaprasong intersection sign post, sniper guns and dummies representing the people who lost their lives during the political violence in May.

These exhibits are accompanied by sounds of gunfire and explosives as well as smoke.

Pheu Thai leader Yongyuth Wichaidit gave a welcome speech to the visitors, before Noppadol Pattama, a former foreign affairs minister, delivered a speech about the recent political violence, saying that the government used the army to disperse the red-shirt protesters, and in the process, caused casualties and injuries.

Noppadol added that the government has intervened in the media's coverage of the events in an effort to conceal the truth, citing the closure of a TV station and a number of websites that featured scenes of political violence.

In another development from the Pheu Thai Party, Phromphong Nopparit, the party's spokesman, said he and the party's legal team will submit a petition to the Election Commission and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration requesting the temporary release of Korkaew Pikulthong, the party's candidate in the by-election in Bangkok's Constituency 6, so he can campaign for 2 days.

The party has plans to hold a rally featuring speakers at Suan Siam amusement park today.

Another large rally is scheduled for Saturday in an effort to drum up support for Korkaew and motivate people to vote for him.

Nopparit added that if the petition is rejected, his party may ask 5 to 10 MPs to act as Korkaew's guarantors to demonstrate that he has no intention of escaping to avoid the legal proceedings he is facing.

Nopparit said the party is hoping that the Election Commission will rule in favor of his party.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-07-23

footer_n.gif

Germany, China, Cambodia, India and Australia

5 countries i'll never be visiting

ps sorry to c aus. on that list

Yea, how dare these countries talk with this party? I say anyone from a country on the list above should be kicked out of Thailand. Maybe even executed.

I too love Thailand so much I won't be visiting these countries. I won't even eat Chinese food any more. That'll learn them.

The article didn't actually say the countries endorsed the event. Just that they attended it. But here are some other countries for you to boycott: "Ambassadors and their entourages from many countries such as Germany, Hungary, China, Cambodia, the Netherlands, the UK, India, Australia, and many others this morning visited the exhibition organized by the Opposition. The US also sent its representatives to partake in the activity. " Source: http://thainews.prd....id=255307220034

Go Pheu Thai, keep on crying.....No other country really gives a hoot...all public outcries for the PTP. It will never do nothing. Officer Thaksin can cry all he wants to the international community and have amsterdam do all the husling but in the end none of this will make any significance..

Would be nice to know also if it features that audio clip of Abhisit which was played from the stage and broadcast on PTV more than once. I understand it upset large numbers of people, and not just red shirts at that.

The article didn't actually say the countries endorsed the event. Just that they attended it. But here are some other countries for you to boycott: "Ambassadors and their entourages from many countries such as Germany, Hungary, China, Cambodia, the Netherlands, the UK, India, Australia, and many others this morning visited the exhibition organized by the Opposition. The US also sent its representatives to partake in the activity. " Source: http://thainews.prd....id=255307220034

Correct, they only attended which is proper. The PTP is a legal opposition party (whatever you may think about them), so there's no problem. The few that had a look at the red stage in May were obviously out-of-line with some moved to other posts already.

I don't expect much statement about the visit to PTP exhibition though apart from some diplomatic bla-bla.