Propane Gas Ovens

thairhone

Building a house in Phayao and roughed in for an oven in the outside kitchen area. I would very much like to get a propane oven as opposed to an electric one. Anyone have a clue in either CR or CM where I might be able to purchase one? Have seen lots of electric ones, but no gas ones. Thanks in advance. Thairhone

I must say I've never seen them here, and I did look when I built my house, but am quite satisfied with my electric oven.

You may need to inquire among our Chiang Mai brethren if you have no success here, their larger city could have a shop that sells them.

Try in the Western food forum as well.

Don't know how current this info is but give it a try.

Here also is a link from Alibaba that describes the oven supply company a little bit.

http://www.alibaba.c...ooker_oven.html

Good luck.

kandahar

Company Name: Thailand gas oven suppliers

Street Address: 23 soi6 ban nong wah

City: Buriram

Province/State: Issan

Country/Region: Thailand

Zip:312110

Telephone:66-87-4439917

Edited by kandahar

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a look at the oven selection at Makro. As cmjantje says, they are located outside, on the far left of the doors at the corner of the building.

Prices-

Small gas- maybe 1 pizza 6,300 baht

Large gas- 2 levels, maybe 4 pizzas, 9,500 baht

Biggest gas- maybe 6 or 8 pizzas, 11,500 baht

Small electric- 1 or 2 pizzas, 9,900 baht

All models are "CHAMP" brand

They have quite a few other items for food preparation as well.

Edit: These are pretty much free-standing or counter-top types, not the built in style.

Edited by kandahar

Two other places to try, where I have seen gas ovens are Taweeyont and a large catering shop which is to the left of Phopkun mengrai statue before you go to the TOT offices .

Thanx to all for the helpful input. For now, the roughed in opening will just have to be that....a roughed in opening. I sure would like to bake a turkey, though. Not to mention lasagna, toll house cookies and a Sunday roast. Again, thanks to everyone. Thairhone