14.000 Baht !

Going back to the original post that 14000Baht return for 2 seems excessive, I note that as an example a similar domestic fare in UK for the same distance i.e. London to Edinburgh return starts at around 16000 Baht. 14K seems reasonable. It all depends on the value you place on your time I suppose.

Ready for incoming! :D

Where is the OP getting the figures of 3500 Baht one way each?.....I am quoted more like 4600 Baht for the same flights.....I guess its the 6am nightmare....never again!! :bah:

The red eye promotions are still advertised on the BKK Air website at 3180 one way.

How much for the lunchtime flight...and not on the prop....!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a long day! Road to Don Muang/Plane to Nakhon/Road to Donsak/Boat to Samui/Road to hotel.

Assuming that even if all the connections work out you can write off most of the day in travelling.

It really boils down to a balance of Bkk Air expense and travel time of 1 hour against a gruelling trip which

might take the edge off the holiday; plus the enormous possibility that one of the links in the travel chain will go

belly up.

right you are mr gatorade - neither option is particularly attractive:

bkk air = rip off fare.

nok deal = mucho pissing abouto.

solution - flick samui the v's and head somewhere else. that's gonna be my preferred option if the USM flight fare situation remains. It appears to be the option of many others too by the looks of the farang numbers on the island.

With prices at nearly 5000 Baht one way near three times the cost to Phuket for example who could blame anyone for staying away?....just plain crazy!!

you could say it's 'plane' crazy. :ph34r:

I'll get my coat.....

Going back to the original post that 14000Baht return for 2 seems excessive, I note that as an example a similar domestic fare in UK for the same distance i.e. London to Edinburgh return starts at around 16000 Baht. 14K seems reasonable. It all depends on the value you place on your time I suppose.

Ready for incoming! :D

:rolleyes: nice try gatorade - you wont get a bite from me.

I can get a return flight to london from aberdeen (further than edinburgh) with easyjet for £50 (£49.98 to be exact). that's approx 2400THB return (using exchange of 48THB-£1).

I wouldn't mind being your travel agent given your idea of 'value for money'. ;)

back on topic - USM fares are ridiculous, simple as that. no justification can be accepted.

samui as an island will suffer - it already is if you take a look around. I've never seen samui as dead as it has been recently.

The reason why we are going to koh samui is because we got an offer we couldn't refuse on a villa with private pool, my bad i didn't check the airfare prices first.

Actually the villa for 3 days is going to be cheaper than the airfare....., I might just pay the price and go with BA, it's annoying to spend half a day traveling each

way when all you have is 3 nights.

I don't mind spending time on a coach - I have a few books and stuff. I arrive Monday night.

Is there nowhere I can just jump on a coach and get my journey to Koh Samui started? I know it sounds like a tall ask but you never know!

Why bother coming to Samui at these crazy bangkok air prices.Easier to go to Phuket.The average price from Samui to BKK or pattaya is now 4280 baht one way.Just this time last year i got a one way price of 1800 baht from pattaya.Very frustrating if you live here.Air asia are offering good prices to Bangkok from Surat but then you are adding an extra 4 hours to the journey.Bankok air really piss me off.

copy and paste <> you are telling that in almost all your postings now. A campaign? A crusade? the reincarnated Don Quixote?

:lol: you're about the only member in the samui forum in denial birdman - everyone can see samui is suffering bar you.

I'll take it as a compliment that you repeatedly follow me round to reply on the subject - I'm obviously having the desired effect.

re-incarnated Don Quixote? ahem, you'll see from my profile that I joined 2004-12-03. incidentally, I note you joined 2006-08-07 - almost 2 years later. accusations of false personas? Im appalled - do you not know to respect your elders? :whistling:

Why bother coming to Samui at these crazy bangkok air prices.Easier to go to Phuket.The average price from Samui to BKK or pattaya is now 4280 baht one way.Just this time last year i got a one way price of 1800 baht from pattaya.Very frustrating if you live here.Air asia are offering good prices to Bangkok from Surat but then you are adding an extra 4 hours to the journey.Bankok air really piss me off.

do you hear that birdman? :whistling:

It's going to be a long day! Road to Don Muang/Plane to Nakhon/Road to Donsak/Boat to Samui/Road to hotel.

Assuming that even if all the connections work out you can write off most of the day in travelling.

It really boils down to a balance of Bkk Air expense and travel time of 1 hour against a gruelling trip which

might take the edge off the holiday; plus the enormous possibility that one of the links in the travel chain will go

belly up.

bkk air = rip off fare.

solution - flick samui the v's and head somewhere else. that's gonna be my preferred option if the USM flight fare situation remains. It appears to be the option of many others too by the looks of the farang numbers on the island.

With prices at nearly 5000 Baht one way near three times the cost to Phuket for example who could blame anyone for staying away?....just plain crazy!!

Seconded!

Plain Crazy....selfish, money hungry monoply which only serves this company, in situations like now... all other businesses suffer.

belly up.

bkk air = rip off fare.

Seconded!

Plain Crazy....selfish, money hungry monoply which only serves this company, in situations like now... all other businesses suffer.

and again - do you hear that birdman? :whistling:

do you hear that birdman? :whistling:

I have free accomodation in Samui.. private pool etc.. just need to get there cheaply.

Edited by jc7

copy and paste <> you are telling that in almost all your postings now. A campaign? A crusade? the reincarnated Don Quixote?

:lol: you're about the only member in the samui forum in denial birdman - everyone can see samui is suffering bar you.

I'll take it as a compliment that you repeatedly follow me round to reply on the subject - I'm obviously having the desired effect.

re-incarnated Don Quixote? ahem, you'll see from my profile that I joined 2004-12-03. incidentally, I note you joined 2006-08-07 - almost 2 years later. accusations of false personas? Im appalled - do you not know to respect your elders? :whistling:

I meant the original DQ of course, which is similar to you - windmills, giants, comprende? - seeing and fighting something which is not real.

And you did not hear me, because I never said that PG is cheap, but Samui is well booked in the middle till upper market, which it is.

Not following you as well as you seem to hope, sorry, don't care at all, married already, just putting the most ridiculous statements in perspective.

Edited by Birdman

My flight to Krabi from Bkk cost 1740 baht with air asia and i dont get those chopped diced formed and reformed crappy chicken sandwiches bkk air insist on serving :rolleyes: seems a hefty price bkk air are charging, i wonder if it is because they have too many flights operating out of peak season so you get a decent time slot but it costs you double to get it as the planes are half empty. If they didn't have so many flights though the surat thani option would become much more appealing as it's better to keep moving than sit around in an airport waiting for a flight.

Not following you as well as you seem to hope, sorry, don't care at all, married already, just putting the most ridiculous statements in perspective.

Could you keep on topic and add value rather than talking utter rubbish.

1740 BAHT is a great price!

It might be easier/cheaper to go to Phuket but I, like many, don't like the place.

Used to be nice in the early '80s but it's just becoming another Pattaya.

And the weather is usually crappy compared with Samui. :rolleyes:

Could you keep on topic and add value rather than talking utter rubbish.

1740 BAHT is a great price!

that guy said all the time in everywhere, that there are no tourists on Samui and I replied that there are.

In your case, if you wanna come here as cheap as possible, take the local (=orange) bus ex BKK and the night ferry (23:00h ex URT)

Hmmm ... at the beginning of June my work took me to the Samui Palm beach resort in Bo Phut - owned by the family that owns BA.

It turned out that this huge resort had only 23 guests - 19 of them were comps for employees of BA.

Can't help wonder if the giant hike in fares might be connected in some way ...?

R

Thanks - I will look into that then! Appreciate it. I will be living in Samui for at least a month :)

From the Southern Bus Terminal....

Take the night Super VIP bus, it's like business class chairs.

Last time I arrived 5.45 in donsak.

The bus was going on the 7.00 ferry.

I just jumped off and took my luggage and the 6.00 ferry.

My wife complained first and said, "You can not do that."

She was surprised when we had no problem boarding the 6.00 ferry.

Breaking the rules is nice sometimes.

Hmmm ... at the beginning of June my work took me to the Samui Palm beach resort in Bo Phut - owned by the family that owns BA.

It turned out that this huge resort had only 23 guests - 19 of them were comps for employees of BA.

Can't help wonder if the giant hike in fares might be connected in some way ...?

R

doesn't surprise me at all - there's also the huge 'buddy' resort/complex in lamai. way over the top and I'd be shocked if they were anything like full.....ever.

the pool over the road at buddy used to be nice, until they started charging for the use. I think it was initially free as long as you ordered food/drinks then they started charging - initially 40THB, then 80THB and now 100THB. needless to say they now have few customers and the pool and surrounding decking is getting shabby.

samui greed strikes again.

R

doesn't surprise me at all - there's also the huge 'buddy' resort/complex in lamai. way over the top and I'd be shocked if they were anything like full.....ever.

the pool over the road at buddy used to be nice, until they started charging for the use. I think it was initially free as long as you ordered food/drinks then they started charging - initially 40THB, then 80THB and now 100THB. needless to say they now have few customers and the pool and surrounding decking is getting shabby.

100 Baht to use the pool??......Its an outrage!!....What I can use it all day for that price?.....Ridiculous nonsense shocking abuse of regular guests that is....speak to the consul is my advice bloody cheek!!.....bah humbug....:lol:

R

100 Baht to use the pool??......Its an outrage!!....What I can use it all day for that price?.....Ridiculous nonsense shocking abuse of regular guests that is....speak to the consul is my advice bloody cheek!!.....bah humbug....:lol:

Nah! Pay the 100 Bht and then piss in the pool!!!!!:lol:

R

Nah! Pay the 100 Bht and then piss in the pool!!!!!:lol:

sure, they do it already.....

R

you sure are on fire smokie - ever considered stand-up?

it's not the 100THB cost - it's the fact that the pool and area was always busy before and now that they've hiked the price up several times, there's nobody. thai business strategy = lose a few customers, triple the prices.

you mean Don Sak. Nakhon Sri to Don Sak is 1 hour by bus. Is the boat departing at the time the bus from Nakhon arrives? How much is the ticket with Nok Air? Is there a servic from Nathon to the beaches?

Learnt this today from tripadvisor forum that one had booked Nok Air and was asking how to proceed. Also today Lomprayah people came explaning their new venture (in Thai) and gave the schedule which is not too easy to read - have to study...

Suratthany (City) is mentioned and correct what I understood. It lasts 2 1/2 hours from Nathon to Airport Nakon Si Thammarat - twice a day 8.00 - 10.30 and 12.45 - 15.15 for 500 Baht. Nok Air prices - will look at their web site. All I know now is that's going from Don Muang. But as this seems to be very interesting for individual travellers who are my target group and as we know Lomprayah being a very reliable company I will work on the schedules.