Do You Know Of Any Other Forum Over The Internet When One Can Establish Bsuiness Contacts In Thailand

Hi - i am eager to establish business contacts or start networking with the Business community for establishing a business in Thailand.

Please let me know If you know of anytohers froums on the Net that can help me do the above.

Regards

Samy

Samy , the answer is no to your question , my advise for what its worth , be carefull, its a snake pit out there,the Business world of Thailand.

Well on the one hand: Thaivisa members would perhaps advice that you use this network. Other networks' members will advice that you use their network based on their experiences.

There are a number of options for you at general network:

- linked In and join some of their groups specific to your interests

- Your alumni options (past companies you worked at, Universities and down to kindergarten..)

- Perhaps your grandmother has a few tips on networking too or other of your relatives, friends etc.

- Chambers of commerce related to your nationality may be an ideas as well.

Just a tip: Don't ask a potential or budding girlfriend for advice on how to get started here.

No real offence intended to "Samy" but I suggest Members review his earlier Posts on this Forum before introducing him to personal Contacts or Associations.

I just feel there is something distinctly "wrong" about his approach in trying to set up a Business in Thailand.

Patrick

No real offence intended to "Samy" but I suggest Members review his earlier Posts on this Forum before introducing him to personal Contacts or Associations.

I just feel there is something distinctly "wrong" about his approach in trying to set up a Business in Thailand.

Patrick

Point taken. One may sometimes become too helpful. I am not saying you are right or wrong P. But your point is valid. Perhaps I or we should sometimes check a members profile, history etc. before investing too much time in an answer. Other times you are just on a roll and want to help people.

I believe the issue here is: Do what you feel comfortable about in terms of helping. Our intentions may be good, but if the receivers intention is bad, so what. You still should feel good about your intentions. Just - as Patrick says - do not jeopardize your network.

Patrick

Already noted Patrick, and for that reason alone I have not replied to any of his posts.

I ask myself why the need to invest in Thailand, why not Vietnam, Singapore etc etc?

Whats the urgency for the OP?

Why not get on a plane and come over here and see how things operate in Thailand.

If the OP is really serious about investing in Thailand, I suggest he first learns the language, and how to read Thai.

There are associatons I could introduce him to, but he would very quickly be found out, and I for one am not willing to ruin my reputation in said associations.

There are at least 2 businesses the OP could get involved with in Thailand, I know there is a demand for, which no one else seems to be operating at the present moment, a large customer base crying out for someone to meet their demands.

However this being Thailand I cant be bothered being a performing seal and jumping through hoops, the bureaucracy, licences tea money etc etc.

I also dont know enough about Indian (if the OP is actually from India) law with regards to tax avoidance to involve myself.

The OP has already stated he has a business in India, why not put up some links, for what they are worth.

There are Thai/Indians I know who are worth millions, perhaps Samy could come over for them to check him out.

Patrick

Partick ... No disrespect to you either – however … never have I discussed my approach of setting up a business on the forum… you may check my other post … was just looking for some friendly advice from sensible people … which is truly hard to find…

You seem to be a kind of guy who feels good about themselves by showing other down..., keep living in your imaginary world you will stay happy there ..JA

Patrick

Already noted Patrick, and for that reason alone I have not replied to any of his posts.

I ask myself why the need to invest in Thailand, why not Vietnam, Singapore etc etc?

Whats the urgency for the OP?

Why not get on a plane and come over here and see how things operate in Thailand.

If the OP is really serious about investing in Thailand, I suggest he first learns the language, and how to read Thai.

There are associatons I could introduce him to, but he would very quickly be found out, and I for one am not willing to ruin my reputation in said associations.

There are at least 2 businesses the OP could get involved with in Thailand, I know there is a demand for, which no one else seems to be operating at the present moment, a large customer base crying out for someone to meet their demands.

However this being Thailand I cant be bothered being a performing seal and jumping through hoops, the bureaucracy, licences tea money etc etc.

I also dont know enough about Indian (if the OP is actually from India) law with regards to tax avoidance to involve myself.

The OP has already stated he has a business in India, why not put up some links, for what they are worth.

There are Thai/Indians I know who are worth millions, perhaps Samy could come over for them to check him out.

Thanks for you comments - Appreciate u taking out the time to reply to the post