Looking For Index Helmet In Small Or Medium Or Used Arai Or Shoei

jbeck

Seriously, these helmets are huge and looked at about 10 shops - they do not have and will not order smaller sizes.

any help appreciated - shop In Chiang Mai, or willing to order in thailand (cannot do from INDEX website),

Actually looking for model number 811 as an email from INDEX stated they are available in smaller sizes (some other models are large size only)

Anyone else have/solve this problem?

Also will consider buying a used Arai or Shoei helmet size small in good condition if you have one with at least one clear visor.

thanks.

It sounds like the problem you are having, which I have also noticed when trying to buy a small helmet for the gf, is due to the fact that in order to safe money most helmets are built the same size, then have more padding added to make them fit smaller heads.

The problem in Thailand is exacerbated by the fact that children, because they are usually passengers, often don't wear helmets on motorbikes. Although the passenger helmet law is 13 years old, I have only ever seen it enforced in Bangkok and very recently in Phuket Town where thankfully childrens helmets sales are now skyrocketing.

There is a helmet shop down Chang Puak way. Turn down the road opposite Chang Puak Gate, as if you were driving to the China Town area. You will see it on your right hand side (its a partially open shop..so you will see the helmets on the outside). They seem to have a large selection of various sizes. Seems popular too.

If you have no idea where im talking about, ill sort you out a map. :D

thanks everyone.

at this point i'll be trying to order a small 'REAL' G-Force helmet from ricoh and an extra dark visor if available.

they had a medium "stealth" model solid color white, was still a little too big to be helpful if I land on my head.

comfort wise it was okay, but accident wise, not okay.

Price for the G-Force is 2,400 baht (from the website), if it's really DOT approved, a bargain compared to a quality suomy, arai, or Shoei helmet.

The REAL is roughly 3 times the price of the index helmet..but looks worth it.

post-65495-072699800 1280494061_thumb.jp