New Language Test For Partners

Thanks for the info, Chongam. Now we just have to wait for the announcement of where in Thailand this test can be taken; and how much it will cost!

May I ask members to restrict posts in this topic to factual details and/or questions about same. There is already one active topic (and one older one) on the rights and wrongs of the test, so any comments on that aspect should be posted there.

Thanks for the info, Chongam. Now we just have to wait for the announcement of where in Thailand this test can be taken; and how much it will cost!

May I ask members to restrict posts in this topic to factual details and/or questions about same. There is already one active topic (and one older one) on the rights and wrongs of the test, so any comments on that aspect should be posted there.

It's not that you have to take a new type of test or anything like that, but must demonstrate that your English level is at A1 of the CEFR - Central European Framework Reference.

You can take any flavour of English test you like - TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, PET etc. Of course, not all are available in Thailand.

You basically need to score on the IELTS 1.0 - 2.5, so we're talking about beginner level. Not really a tall order. IETLS is probably the best to take as it is one of the only testing frameworks that grade to complete beginner level. Other tests can be taken, but the bottom levels are slightly higher, typically A2.

If you get a settlement visa before 29th November 2010 does it still apply? Will it apply until spouse gets ILR even if spouse receives settlement visa before 29th November - hopefully :-)

I think it will apply, as the new rule is for people applying to remain too i,e, ILR, naturalisation etc