Is It Safe For Tourists

nufc

Hi was wondering how safe things are at the moment in bangkok, my wife is due for cosmetic surgery there in september, my wife and i and our 13 year old son will be going, just a bit concerned over the recent bombing.

if any one can let me know how the feeling on the street is at the moment

regards carl

Im sad that people have to die and get injured for political reasons which could be solved by peacefull means.

On other side Its safer here than in NY or Chicago. There are also people getting killed/robbed every day but nobody makes an issue around it.

Edited by phpbangkok

For what you will require while in Thailand, it's very safe , as previous members have mentioned some area's etc ,so I will I, it's as safe as travelling at night on a train or buss in Perth city, West Australia, probably more safer.

Befor and then even after 100 people were killed and 2,000 seriously injured, posters on here said it was safe. What happened in May nobody dreamed of that happening. It can so easily happen again. Its not only safety you need to think about, OK you can be sensible and stay well clear of troublesome areas.....but how do we know what areas would be affected...its also the problems of getting around, MRT and BTS closed, major roads blocked.....is BKK actually the best place for plastic surgery?

How many people killed or seriously injured were tourists who were conscious of their safety? :unsure:

It can happen again just like a tsunami can happen again and just like another Bali bombing can happen again. Or another terrorist attack in London, New York City or Madrid. I see no reason to avoid Bangkok more than another city at this point.

For what you will require while in Thailand, it's very safe , as previous members have mentioned some area's etc ,so I will I, it's as safe as travelling at night on a train or buss in Perth city, West Australia, probably more safer.

Wow thats a big call. When I was in perth they had many african/negroes on the train every night. they were so friendly. I didn't try the bus though.

But sure when travelling be careful ask around before you go to far from the hotel.

How many people killed or seriously injured were tourists who were conscious of their safety? :unsure:

It can happen again just like a tsunami can happen again and just like another Bali bombing can happen again. Or another terrorist attack in London, New York City or Madrid. I see no reason to avoid Bangkok more than another city at this point.

OP may want to read this

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/387353-one-hurt-in-bangkok-grenade-blast/

Bali, Madrid, London and New York I belive were a lot lot longer ago than today ,last Sunday and throughout May/June as in BKK.......

Wow thats a big call. When I was in perth they had many african/negroes on the train every night. they were so friendly. I didn't try the bus though.

But sure when travelling be careful ask around before you go to far from the hotel.

Yeah thats my home city , I know what I'm talking about , believe me it ain't safe, U were lucky.

Edited by chainarong

thailand is the country that everyone loves to hate! due to the large expat population every incident is blown way out of proportion. the use of the word EMERGENCY in the latest decree from government would not be used in any other coutry! basically it is an order to stop gatherings of X amount of people. ....