Working Around The Region And Thailand

Can you please provide a little advice? I am 42, from UK and have a Thai daughter (3 years old). I work for a company in the UK. All the work is from my laptop. I travel around the region a few times a year (staying for a few weeks at a time), most usually to Seoul where business visa is not necessary for a stay of less than three months. I also travel to the UK two or three times a year. However, I regard my "base" to be in Thailand, where obviously my long-time girlfriend and daughter are. I work from my laptop in Thailand although it is quite erratic: sometimes 10 hours a day, sometimes just a couple of emails, sometimes nothing at all. I looked into a work permit a few years ago but I have to work for a Thai company or my company in the UK must have an office (which it doesn't and doesn't plan to). At the moment I get one year non-imm O, investment (multiple entry) from Hull. I keep my head down and the visa works just fine allowing my to come and go as I please. Just wondering am I understanding the situation correctly about all this - would I be regarded as "working" in Thailand (my work has nothing to do about Thailand)? Should I start a company and obtain a WP through this route? Cheers. J