Today'S Thai Stock Gambit:

OK just thought id share my gambit this morning:

Sold 7900 KBANK shares (which i bought 6 weeks ago) and took 9% profit on the basis that the key charts are all indicating a decreasing price trend (MACD, relative strength, rate of change) and used funds to buy 2900 siam cement SCC shares on the basis that a) SCC XD dividend date is next week so price should increase as people buy more stock anticipating the dividend payment and b ) the key charts all indicate an increasing price trend. My plan is to sell just before the dividend date next week and take the profit from thye increased price so i can re invest the funds immediately in another stock. If i keep the stock for the dividend payment then ill have to wait to sell because the price normally always decreases by the dividend amount on the XD date.

So quick profit taking from SCC in the next 4-5 days...lets see if it works!

Edited by ExpatJ

All I can say is there is so much logic and counter-intuitiveness to logic in your investment that, it implies, that it is likely to pan out well. It definitely sounds like a good idea. As you say whether it actually turns out well is another thing.

What price did you get in? What's your target? tks.

Sold KBANK 101 baht, bought SCC at 270 baht- so far its moved slightly in exactly the opposite way that i had hoped e.g. KBANK increased bit, SCC decreased abit. Lets see what happens today and tomorrow...My TP for SCC was/is @280 which would give me about 1,000 US$ profit.

In my defence (and somewhat defensively :-) , i did recommend TRUE here last month at 2.9 baht, today its 5.1 baht , that's a 74% increase and i was lucky enough to buy 330,000 shares last month.

Edited by ExpatJ

I also bought when you highlighted at 269 (1000) and yesterday at 264 (1000) trying to average down. Now I'm wondering when to sell. What is your plan? Are you going to sell at loss or wait it out?

Wow, 330,000 shares of true, hit the jackpot on that one.

I'm an investor who's very green behind the years and thank all the posters here for their tips and insights.

I also bought when you highlighted at 269 (1000) and yesterday at 264 (1000) trying to average down. Now I'm wondering when to sell. What is your plan? Are you going to sell at loss or wait it out?

I'm an investor who's very green behind the years and thank all the posters here for their tips and insights.

I just saw TRUE is at 5.45 which is another 7 % increase in the last 2 hours!

You will get a dividend payment on your SCC shares on Monday - so if you are a medium term investor i would hold on to SCC, get the dividend payment on monday and wait a few weeks//months until the price increases again- its a blue chip Thai company so you wont go wrong in the medium/long term

Personally i am going to sell tomorrow afternoon no matte rwhat as i need the cash for another stock.

Edited by ExpatJ

Well i just doubled down on TRUE- i told my SCC shares (lost about 9,000 baht) and bought 114,000 more TRUE share...they increased 17% yesterday and 10% this monring...so i am hoping they keep this rise up - i heard it may hit 10 baht per share (from 6 today).

I bought the 114,000 at 6.75...currently at 6.85....but they are moving up and down...quite exciting/nerve racking...