Uk Student Visas Policy To Be Reviewed

Well my misses just got refused because she failed a telephone interview in english that they sprung on us with no prior notice and I would say her level of english is very decent.

When you say she failed a telephone interview and her level of English is good, are you suggesting they tested her English over the phone, or, as I think is more likely, the ECO wasn't satisfied with the answers given to questions about her application?

Edited by theoldgit

There are to many bogus Student visa applications to the UK, not only from Thailand , The boarder agency ask some basic questions to some students that land in The UK and go through customs , Like where you study , and what subjects , some do not even know the name of the University or collage they are going to, One was asked where you go and to what collage , the answer they got was Buckingham Palace.

Well my misses just got refused because she failed a telephone interview in english that they sprung on us with no prior notice and I would say her level of english is very decent.

When you say she failed a telephone interview and her level of English is good, are you suggesting they tested her English over the phone, or, as I think is more likely, the ECO wasn't satisfied with the answers given to questions about her application?

They questioned her 1st in Thai and then asked her about 20 questions in English which she had 2 answer in English , the questions could not be repeated so yes I would say it was a test if her english level .

It would seem so, from what the refusal notice you quoted elsewhere says.

However, if it were then the questions and standard of English would be pitched no higher than the standard of English she claimed to already possess; so it seems odd that she was unable to understand.

As you already have a topic running on her application/refusal, please post any questions/comments specific to her situation there and keep this topic for general comments on the review.

Thanks.

It would seem so, from what the refusal notice you quoted elsewhere says.

However, if it were then the questions and standard of English would be pitched no higher than the standard of English she claimed to already possess; so it seems odd that she was unable to understand.

As you already have a topic running on her application/refusal, please post any questions/comments specific to her situation there and keep this topic for general comments on the review.

Thanks.

As I already mentioned the student visa application form clearly states if the applicant was testes by a internal college placement test DO NOT INCLUDE THIS WITH YOUR APPLICATION .

So how would the interviewer know whet level of english my gf possessed