NTC Orders Thai Mobile Operators To Put Number Portability Service In Effect Sep 1

webfact

NTC orders mobile operators to put the number portability service in effect

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) urges mobile operators to expedite the implementation of the number portability service.

NTC acting Secretary-General, Thakorn Tantasit disclosed on Wednesday that the new regulation has been adopted at the board meeting, in which all mobile operators will need to proceed with the service by 1 September 2010, so that the 3G users can retain the same phone numbers.

The new regulation has been insisted to be effective despite postponement requests by the operators. They claimed that the tool installation was not yet ready due to the closure of European skies from the plume of volcano ashes and the domestic political riots.

NTC, however, insists that the progress should be completed by 1 September or else the mobile operators will be charged 20,000 THB per day and are not entitled to bid for the 3G license.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-08-04 footer_n.gif

sweet...

only today i had problems increasing my credit amount with truemove was 1k asked for 2.5k, got a txt through said 1800 baht, phoned them up to tell em to shove it and cancel my account... cannot sir you need to take your passport into the store to cancel..<deleted>!!!

ill wait till sept now and take my number with me