Sending Money To Thailand

Forgot to add that I took out 15000 bahts last week and regularly do, twice a month, since January with no problems inside the Bank where I have an account ( Ayudyah )

when i was building the house i told the bank to raise the limit and they did.i took out whatever i wanted in several 20 000 installments from the correct atm

no fee

but if your held up somebody can clean you out. :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

without going into the details the overall best deal is an account with a local bank that has a branch in your country,i use bkk bank- they are in new york,and transfer money from my american account(not in new york and not bkk bank!) to the bkk bank account in thailand.regardless of the sum the fee is 25 $ and there are no withdrawal fees if you use their machine where you have the account.

This is correct. It's not a complicated process, really. Direct bank-to-bank transfers tend to be the most secure and hassle-free. Sur-charges tend to be nominal to free. Nearly all worldwide accredited financial institutions have SWIFTCODE cash transfers at the ready. If problems arise.....one has account numbers and bill of lading proof to fall back on. Just find respective banks that work for you and your individual needs and desires.

I am an American living in Thailand.

When I want to transfer a few thousand dollars from my US bank to the Bank of Ayudhya, how can I be 100-per-cent sure that the dollars will not be converted to baht until they are here in Thailand?

A few tears ago I lost about $300 on a $2500 transfer. I've had two transfers since then that were okay. I just want to nail it down with the US bank. What do I tell them? Thanks, David

file name vertume

When I want to transfer a few thousand dollars from my US bank to the Bank of Ayudhya, how can I be 100-per-cent sure that the dollars will not be converted to baht until they are here in Thailand?

A few tears ago I lost about $300 on a $2500 transfer. I've had two transfers since then that were okay. I just want to nail it down with the US bank. What do I tell them? Thanks, David

Simple, you tell your US Bank to transfer the funds in Dollars the rest will be automatic

without going into the details the overall best deal is an account with a local bank that has a branch in your country,i use bkk bank- they are in new york,and transfer money from my american account(not in new york and not bkk bank!) to the bkk bank account in thailand.regardless of the sum the fee is 25 $ and there are no withdrawal fees if you use their machine where you have the account.

This is correct. It's not a complicated process, really. Direct bank-to-bank transfers tend to be the most secure and hassle-free. Sur-charges tend to be nominal to free. Nearly all worldwide accredited financial institutions have SWIFTCODE cash transfers at the ready. If problems arise.....one has account numbers and bill of lading proof to fall back on. Just find respective banks that work for you and your individual needs and desires.

file name vertume

You should ask your bank to put "do not convert' in the SWIFT payment message. I believe it is in the bank-to-bank instructions field, don't remember the field number on a Monday morning, maybe Field 72??:huh:

Edited by ianguygil