If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

rgs- i've always loved Rory's version of Walking Blues, just so laid back and natural even if he does play a few bum notes near the end, great harmonica playing by Mark Feltham too..

Fred McDowell, perfect for upcountry Thailand, on the porch.

DB, (sorry about the initials-,blame rgs, he started it - perhaps we should expand on his- Reginald,Gerald Swanson at a guess) the recent death of the Tangerine Dream founder, Edward Froese, merited an entry in the World News section of TV- Rick Bradford posted a rather amusing reply

Up till now I'd always presumed you were rather young, but your reference to the terrible Wurzels made me think again! I remember their appearance on TOTP, what a shame the highly revered Bob Harris didn't introduce their act.

After that trash ( fake West country accents too) time for some real music

http://youtu.be/L9XP_uZDrd0

Its too easy to forget The Stones started off as a blues band, should have left the singing to Keef though.

Aint You Tube great, look at whats available, cop for some of this, track two, Brain Jones playing some mean slide.

All in glorious stereo, would love to have this on vinyl played on a decent system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av5MSsHgFNI

Memories of two scenarios - Ireland, Connemara- a jukebox in a pub with everyone in Wellington boots, cigarette smoke and holding pints of Guinness, from rich farmers to local piss heads

Bristol, UK, St Pauls, inner city,a jukebox in a pub with a mixture of West Indians, local scrubbers and middle class degenerates, smoke, dominoes and darts.

Fun all round, working class country, urban or rural.

Can - Oh Yeah

Loved the rhythm section of Can, taking you effortlessly from one mood to the next. None of the sudden, jarring changes in rhythm that Gong would indulge in.

Perfect late night reflective music, assisted perhaps by one of nature's abundant crops.

• Like 1

Crap.........?

Not sure? I prefer the description from #38 in the NME top 500 albums EVER.

In the middle of the 1970s, this album was the Molotov cocktail that ignited a cultural revolution. Matlock, Jones and Cook were always better than the "turn up, plug in and play" punk rubric would imply, but Rotten's performances of some scabrous songs left everyone else playing catch-up.

This is a great luktung song, a real classic from Takkedan Choladar. Now sang neon from her first album Oct 2006. Went round her house once for a party, lovely lady. She used to work the buses, she could clip my ticket anytime!

Edited by dragonfly94