90 Day Reporting - Can Do At Hh?

Shokdee

Can someone please confirm that 90-day reporting can be done at any immigration office.

Offices accepting notification: Immigration offices throughout the country.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

I am currently in Hua Hin and need to do my 90 day report (non 0). Can I do it at HH?

(I ask becuase those HH folks once refused to give me a re-entry stamp, insisting I could get it at the airport. I couldn't !!! So upon my return to Thailand, I had to begin from scratch the whole non-0 process.)

Also, since 12-13 Aug are holidays and my reporting is due 14th, can someone please confirm the 7 days +/- ruling. If I go 16 th will it be all smiles or pulling out my wallet?

Thanks in advance.

The 90 day report has to be done at the office where you got your extension of stay, you cannot chose your office where you report.

Most offices allow reporting by mail.

Edit: if you go in person no problem with reporting up to 7 days late. But you could report today.

Hua Hin does do 90 day reporting, but as the previous poster said they may not do it if it is not your "local" immigration office. Also, in my experience the +/- 7 day rule works here, although I've always gone on the next day they were open after mine expired on a day they were closed, so I've only tested +1 or +2 days.

Also, with government offices and employees, things can change day by day or person by person, so might I suggest that you go to the immigration office now and ask the questions of them directly just to be safe. Unless you catch one in a bad mood the officers here are usually very helpful and friendly.

Thank you very much for the quick replies.

My "local" office is/was Koh Samui, but I have recently moved to the area near Nong Pub (Chaam).

I would prefer not to drive all the way to Samui and back, just to do a 5 minute report. So was hoping I can try at Hua Hin.

If that is not an option, could I do it in Bangkok at the big center outside the city (I forget the name)?

Or, are they really that STRICT and you can ONLY report at your "local" office?

Edit to add - maybe post is the better option?

Edited by Shokdee

If you have proof of living in your new location, take it with you when you do your 90 day report, but do it today or tomorrow.

A rental contract or utility bill with your name and address should be fine, so you can show you now live there.

If they don't accept, mail it to Samui on Wednesday at the latest.

No, I have no proof as the land is Tor Bor, electricity is just a numbered box, no house book, etc.

Post to Samui? Only addresses I can find are for Bangkok:

90 Day Registration

Room 311, Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Pluu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10210

or

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,

SOUTH SATHORN RD.

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

What postal address must I send the documents too? Room 311 or 206? Or Samui?

Edit: Found it!

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1

120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,

LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

This is the big new center at Laksi. So it this the correct postal address?

Or, why can't I just report there in person?

Edited by Shokdee

My "local" office is/was Koh Samui, but I have recently moved to the area near Nong Pub (Chaam).

I would prefer not to drive all the way to Samui and back, just to do a 5 minute report. So was hoping I can try at Hua Hin.

If that is not an option, could I do it in Bangkok at the big center outside the city (I forget the name)?

Yet another deserter from Samui.......cant be hardly anyone left there, they all seem to be moving up here the past year or so.....

If you have moved to Cha Am from Samui you should have reported that to the police office or the immigration here within 48 hours. This rule applies to all moving to another province and if you had done that the immigration would already know that Cha Am is your current place of stay.

Immigration Act B.E. 2522, Section 37 point 4 reads: "If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty–four hours, such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty–eight hours from the time of arrival."

Thanks everyone.

I got the wife to phone the local Hua Hin immigration to ask about 90 day reporting. The told her it can be done at ANY immigration office.

To double check I asked her to phone the main centre at Laksi. They confirmed - 90 day reporting can be done at ANY immigration office.

So please spread the word, the statement on the website is correct:

"Offices accepting notification: Immigration offices throughout the country."

About Samui - Yes, after 10 years I saw it declining inexorably. Three Tescos, 1 BigC, 1 Makro, uncountable 7-11s. It has become a concrete jungle. Anyone remember the old days when you'd see "monkey work coconut" signs everywhere? Now the monkeys work concrete. The locals, a murderous bunch, nasty, greedy. Beach erosion on the West side of over 1 metre a year. And on and on.... Now we are so much happier. Permaculture-based small scale farming. Ducks, fish, fruit and veg, utility plants. Can see the stars at night, peaceful and quiet.

Thanks everyone.

I got the wife to phone the local Hua Hin immigration to ask about 90 day reporting. The told her it can be done at ANY immigration office.

To double check I asked her to phone the main centre at Laksi. They confirmed - 90 day reporting can be done at ANY immigration office.

About Samui - Yes, after 10 years I saw it declining inexorably. Three Tescos, 1 BigC, 1 Makro, uncountable 7-11s. It has become a concrete jungle. Anyone remember the old days when you'd see "monkey work coconut" signs everywhere? Now the monkeys work concrete. The locals, a murderous bunch, nasty, greedy. Beach erosion on the West side of over 1 metre a year. And on and on.... Now we are so much happier. Permaculture-based small scale farming. Ducks, fish, fruit and veg, utility plants. Can see the stars at night, peaceful and quiet.

I left over 3 years ago for the same reasons you and many others have. Should get aan Expats/ex Samui club going:lol:

Thanks everyone.

I left over 3 years ago for the same reasons you and many others have. Should get aan Expats/ex Samui club going:lol:

I went there 4 years ago and liked it but went back recently and hated it, it seems theyve built and awful lot lately. I went to Koh Kood 5 years ago i wonder what that's like now?

Thanks everyone.

Quite correct. 90 day reporting can be done at any Thai immigration office.

I am another just waiting to get off the island, never to return.

• 2 months later...

The 90 day report has to be done at the office where you got your extension of stay, you cannot chose your office where you report.

Most offices allow reporting by mail.

Edit: if you go in person no problem with reporting up to 7 days late. But you could report today.

Mario........some posters are stating that 90 day reporting can be done at ANY Imm office......yet you seem fairly certain that it can't be done. Which one is it?