Bangkok Police Arrest Iranian Man With 9-kg Of 'Ice' Drug

webfact

Iranian man arrested with 9 kgs of 'ice' drug

BANGKOK: -- An Iranian man has been arrested and 9 kilograms of 'ice' or crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride was seized from him, police said Monday.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Santhan Chayanon said Soltan Mhammadi Reza, 32, was arrested on Sunday outside Grand Park View Condominium on Asoke Road.

Santhan said police staked out at the condominium following a tip-off until they spotted Reza.

Police searched Rezo's room on the condominium and found the drug.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-09

The travel agents in Tehran must be doing a lot of Bangkok bound ticketing business.

Have nt they heard about the weekly arrests or the Mullahs imposed a a media blackout on the arrests?

These guys have too much access to Yaba to be allowed to own a nuclear warhead. More sanctions please.

What's going on with all the Iranians with all this "ice?" Glad the BiB's are getting this poison off the streets.

I guess we'll never know how much really gets destroyed and how much find it's way back on the streets.

Edited by meom

Police nab Iranian man with 10kg of 'ice'

gallery_327_1086_2241.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok's metropolitan police on Monday arrested an Iranian man in central Bangkok for possessing 10 kg of crystal methamphetamine, commonly known as "ice", worth Bt30 million (US$930,000).

Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt-Gen Santan Chayanont said that Soltan Mohammadi Reza, 32, was arrested after police detective at Thonglor Police Station was tipped that the Iranian man smuggled "ice" and hid it in his room in a condominium of Asok area.

Apart from 19 bags of 'ice', Lt-Gen Santan said, Thai and US dollar banknotes, gold and jewellery worth Bt3 million were also seized. He said the suspect's passport showed multiple entries into Thailand and Malaysia.

The metropolitan police chief said the accused was initially charged with illegally possession of drugs and that he was attempting to bribe to the arresting officers during the operation.

The suspect said that three or four other Iranian businessmen were involved with smuggling drugs into the kingdom to distribute them to customers here. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-08-09

• Like 1

What's going on with all the Iranians with all this "ice?" Glad the BiB's are getting this poison off the streets.

A little naive. It goes straight back on the streets, thanks to the BIB!

Yes and I'm sure there were 20 kilos of ice, instead of 10 kilos reported. And I'm sure there must have been 6 million Bht of cash gold and jewelry, not 3 million...

The metropolitan police chief said the accused was initially charged with illegally possession of drugs and that he was attempting to bribe to the arresting officers during the operation.

But then again it is the BKK Metro Police.unsure.gif

What's going on is--Ahmadinejhad has to finance his nuclear experiments any way he can.........apparently.

Yes and I'm sure there were 20 kilos of ice, instead of 10 kilos reported. And I'm sure there must have been 6 million Bht of cash gold and jewelry, not 3 million...

Wow ? I wonder why he would try to bribe them ?.... That's outrageous.

Wow ? I wonder why he would try to bribe them ?.... That's outrageous.

The point was he tried unsuccessfully... By the way it's against the forum rules to add to or modify someone's quote. For some reason, the forum restricts the number of quote "blocks" you can use in your reply. Many people seem to have problems with the quote functions these days... I use the preview post function to avoid this problem...

Best wishes, Jimi

Yeah, and still falling. Another post went up about this that said 9kg. It'll probably be less than an ounce by the time the evidence appears at the trial, and then a shortened sentence because the amount is so small :blink:

This happens so often I wonder if they sell this stuff at the duty-free at Tehran airport.

Since when is it a crime to bribe an officer in Thailand? Does that mean it is illegal for cops to take bribes? Imagine if the whole RTPF decided to come clean and they all turn themselves in on the same day, and there's no one to block the streets for the motorcades.

Edited by bendejo

Yeah, and still falling. Another post went up about this that said 9kg. It'll probably be less than an ounce by the time the evidence appears at the trial, and then a shortened sentence because the amount is so small :blink:

This happens so often I wonder if they sell this stuff at the duty-free at Tehran airport.

Since when is it a crime to bribe an officer in Thailand? Does that mean it is illegal for cops to take bribes? Imagine if the whole RTPF decided to come clean and they all turn themselves in on the same day, and there's no one to block the streets for the motorcades.

Of course it is illegal for them to take bribes, but it's just been so ingrained into the system for so long, that it's hard to change their evil ways... But I'm sure he didn't have enough to buy his way out of this one. Plus as you say much of the evidence may disappear before trial... I'm sure the Thai Buddhist society looks down on Muslin foreigners from Arab states smuggling drugs into Thailand!

Can't believe they mentioned bribery in the press, I've bribed thai police before and 100% of the time they accept. This guy lost his money and drugs, then still got screwed!!! Thai's finest at work, double crossing games.

Can't believe they mentioned bribery in the press, I've bribed thai police before and 100% of the time they accept. This guy lost his money and drugs, then still got screwed!!! Thai's finest at work, double crossing games.

<deleted>? You have bribed the police? What exactly was it about?

Are you perhaps confusing the payment of a 200baht traffic infraction and the trafficing of a dangerous chemical?

Has it not occurred to some of you people, that yaba is a serious problem and that some of those cops probably have family members that have suffered the consequences of an addiction? Chances are, yaba has touched the lives of the majority of families in Thailand. It does not discriminate between rich or poor, yellows or reds. The people that have watched loved ones suffer develop a profound hatred of the drug and its trafficers.

Whatever the general usage of the crazy pill/dust is, there seems to be suppliers shipping the stuff in across the Thailand land borders as well as via air. We hear of several busts of the mules each week here in Thailand. What kind of security is employed by the airports, customs officials where the shipments originate and here? The enforced restrictions must be lax or non existent in many cases. Most of the arrests seem to be related to a tip off as to the arriving individual, vehicle, etc. There seems to be little, if any drug detection in place for arrivals/departures for local and International flights here in CM.

Whatever the general usage of the crazy pill/dust is, there seems to be suppliers shipping the stuff in across the Thailand land borders as well as via air. We hear of several busts of the mules each week here in Thailand. What kind of security is employed by the airports, customs officials where the shipments originate and here? The enforced restrictions must be lax or non existent in many cases. Most of the arrests seem to be related to a tip off as to the arriving individual, vehicle, etc. There seems to be little, if any drug detection in place for arrivals/departures for local and International flights here in CM.

from what has been writen in the papers in the UK; you can make Cristal Meth from house hold products. So there probably not smuggling the drug in. We are very lucky in the Uk because the drug has never taken off. Just other vile drugs like coke.

Somebody didn't pay up. They should learn from the black cowboys at the lower end of Sukhumvit - now they know how to play the game! :Dave: