Adopting A Child In Thailand

mouse

Can anyone tell me what it takes to adopt a child in Thailand. Paperwork? Cost? etc? or any other problems that I am likely to incur? I am married and have 3 children of my own. My income is sufficent to meet the demands of a larger family.

His Mother would very likely consent, for she had not been there for him in years and his Father would also consent due to Gentleman Farang not wanting introduce any surprises into his present living situation.

Anyone that can give me some advise and information on my anticipated move, would be welcomed to do so, with open arms.

The little guy is suffereing more than any child should have to endure.

I cannot help you, but I have a little story of my own to tell.

24 years ago my wife (thai) and I adopted a thai girl. The girl was living with her mother and grandmother, the father was living with his new wife. Both parents accepted the suggestion that we should adopt the girl.

The lady, who handled our case at the amphur, was extremely helpful and made the paperwork very easy. At the time I didn't speak a word of thai, but she just asked me a couple of questions in english, talked with my wife and the girl's mother for a while, and that was that!

A few days later we asked the lady out to lunch. We had a very nice meal at a seaside restaurant, and she paid for us all, just wouldn't let me pay a single baht.

We, mostly my wife, have met this lady several times since then, and I must say, that I have never, before or after, met a thai official like her. She has even invited us to use her house near ChiangMai, when and if we want to.

One in a million, or 60 million.

I always wondered about this. From what I have heard Thailand is very strict on adoptions(overseas anyways) .My wife had complications with her first birth so a few more kids is no guarantee in the future . How easy is it for a Thai national married to a falang to adopt Thai kids ?

I can tell you how the process works now as I am in the final stages of adopting my Thai wifes son. You first need to contact the dept of social services in the province that you live. P M me if you would like more info on the process that i went through.

I believe it is much easier to adopt a Hill Tribe child than a Thai Baby. I think it's because the Thai Government does not consider them real Thai citizens.

I used to work with a woman who was adopted by an American couple. She was born in a Lao Hill Tribe refugee camp in the Northeast somewhere near the Lao border shortly before the end of the Vietnam war. Her mother died in childbirth. The woman was passed through a dozen Thai Foster homes before she was finally adopted at two.

She grew up to be a real beauty, could easily hold her own in the best Nana Go-go. :D

Unfortunately, she had severe case of Borderline Personality disorder ( with all that comes with it ), so it was not often a pleasant experience being around her, let alone working with her, among other things...

She once told me that she did not like her Adoptive parents, and often talked to her dead mother when she was sad... :o

If possible, one should try to get the background health ( mental and physical ) of the original adoptive parents of the baby , in order to deal with any future problems with the child later on.... :D

what does it take?

MONEY

I'm actually serious.  You can get anything with the right amount.  These people will waive away any rules and regulations when the price is right.

That's actually a very scarey thought, if you mean how they do all things in Thailand.... :o