Wood Chpper.

soidog2

Hey doggeroo this da_m site is dumping my responses so I make this short and sweet as the lost one wasa bit detailed. Basically I don't see using that side shute on your new chipper and pushing the stock in like the guy in the photo. If there is a knot in the wood or it is too dry and it bucks it hits him in the head or neck not good by me. I don't ever think that you should feed the material in and have it chipping unless the stock is very very small. In this example i think you would be safer making the piece he has into two or three pieces and dropping them into the top and standing back and let them self feed to the chipping blades. Just start with very small size pieces and you'll get the feel but if at all possible try not to have to physically feed anything of any kind of size into the blades once it has ahold of your piece material. It'll make sweet cream out of your avo branches. Fixing Fords Forever

PS dumped this one also for some reason but I backed it up this time and hopefully it will go thru

Just keep "chipping away" in the USA, forever on a ford

Gonna grab mom and go over the mountains thru the redwood forests to see the Pacific ocean crash into the artichoke fields and grab a few bagfulls then maybe visit Dr Treelove's favorite custom fertilizer mixer Romeo's of Half Moon Bay and grab a few bags for friends then stop by a couple of very much older farmers than you or me that are able to keep the great uncle's farm together by growing chemical free produce and selling it at a roadside stand along with some from their neighbors and a little bit from the commercial market. Then out to the docks to see what the fishers of men have on their boats, pretty meagre pickins on what is legally left to catch. got to get my licensce maybe as the salmon have returned up the rivers again.

Nothing more miserable in existence than having to chuck in branches of very old dead Monterey pines into the jaws of an ear splitting monster chipper like Rice555 has a photo. Heck earplugs and headphones in the late 60's yeah sure buddy. Hey what you say?? Flinging pines with Fords Forever

Seems like it isnt chipping away at all. It is a REAL existence you are planning. People that used to do, are now doing again, or doing properly, planning and making money.

What can I say,

Logic in the USA.

So on your tour, grab a bag or two of positive motivation, a mess of bags brim full of resolve and a few of perserverence, and a few ton of nueurons, and the two of us will hand fertilise the wood chips that people use for brains here on your return.

It can work only after pigs can fly. Moo Bin Dai my friend.

Seems like it isnt chipping away at all. It is a REAL existence you are planning. People that used to do, are now doing again, or doing properly, planning and making money.

What can I say,

Logic in the USA.

So on your tour, grab a bag or two of positive motivation, a mess of bags brim full of resolve and a few of perserverence, and a few ton of nueurons, and the two of us will hand fertilise the wood chips that people use for brains here on your return.

It can work only after pigs can fly. Moo Bin Dai my friend.

You got it good buddy. Why didn't i think of it before, brains, hell there is a huge market for that in LOS. I am working on filling my bags. Just found a fellow selling and giving away over a hundred fruit trees on craigslist so hopefully he'll call me first and i can grab my b-i-l's trailer and fill it up with them and haul them to my nephews place out near where Ken Kesey had his house and Acid Tests in La Honda. 17 Pomegranitesw, apricots, almonds, apples, 48 avocadoes and bunches of other cool ones. Timing timing timing. got to be mo betta. Flying over the Cuckoos Nest in a Ford Forever

Hello FEF, that reel mower was for a golf coarse, you know, like a gang of push mower.

Toro, ring any bells? They had/have one sitting in the yard close to that chipper pic.

Now to be OT, here some of the chippers I saw friday. They had PTO, gas , electric and

LPG.

They also had other toys, some wider than a ford.

rice555 in a wet Muang.

post-37242-0-17070100-1311971278_thumb.j

post-37242-0-90578800-1311971331_thumb.j

post-37242-0-14112500-1311971382_thumb.j

post-37242-0-25184300-1311971435_thumb.j

post-37242-0-42998200-1311971479_thumb.j

post-37242-0-16374100-1311971545_thumb.j

post-37242-0-08868100-1311971634_thumb.j

post-37242-0-99288200-1311971678_thumb.j

Hello FEF, that reel mower was for a golf coarse, you know, like a gang of push mower.

Toro, ring any bells? They had/have one sitting in the yard close to that chipper pic.

Now to be OT, here some of the chippers I saw friday. They had PTO, gas , electric and

LPG.

They also had other toys, some wider than a ford.

rice555 in a wet Muang.

Hey there Mr Hom Mali. I thought there was a remote chance you may have been talking about golf course equipment and a gang mower as I have seen way too many of those type of mowers. basically useless unless you have a turfgrass situation and lots of it (think golf course). Those last three photos are interesting as one looks like Howard has a display of their rotovators, I've got a 2.3 meter buffalo that is very heavy duty. If you go back I'd appreciate if you have a chance to see what they are asking for that conical 3-point, PTO broadcast seeder/fertilizer that they have on that tractor and a contact # if possible. Also what in the heck is that big monster orange grinder up looking morphidite machine. I got a hold of Dr Treelove and amazingly he lives about a couple miles away from my mom here. It's an amazingly small world sometime. so we are going to get together and tell some lies. I hope all that wet finally gets to us in Lavia as everywhere has got their fair share of that liquid wonder but it seems to want to just pass us by. gonna make a call now to see. choke dee or as Issan Aussie said to me recently, artichoke dee FF

Checked the Further Tour and four tickets are nearly a grand US if you get gen ad it is a little less than half that, ridiculous. I thought Lesh had already paid for his new liver and Weir being a Atherton boy don't need the money I would think. Not quite like the Be-Ins and free concerts at El Camino Park in Palo Alto in the old days. "no I will not share your laughter Ship of Fools"

Edited by Foreverford

I found, and bought, this nice little chipper. I wanted something I can take around the property rather than have it in a fixed location. So the Honda engine unit fits my needs well. The machine is heavy, 90 kg, which reflects the robust construction. I'm impressed with the attention to detail in the construction... using Nylock nuts on every bolt is a bit of overkill but you're not going to be bothered with loosening bolts any time soon for sure. Welding seems to be done well and the fit of parts is fine. Even a belt guard!

Price is in the 35,000 - 36,000 baht range (I won't be much more specific than that as I feel that I was able to get a bargain from the manufacturer) with a 6 month warranty. I've seen the unit priced at 37,000 - 42,000 in the Chiang Mai area. They shipped immediately once the money was transferred and it arrived within one day - 300 baht from their factory to the Chiang Mai area. I used it for several hours last evening chopping lomyai branches, leaves and twigs littering the orchard after harvest... worked great. I'll be suggesting that they use larger wheels as it's weight doesn't allow for pulling around easily on rough ground.

No website now... they have a new 'merican fellow working with them now for export sales... he's most helpful.

C.L.P Engineering Co., Ltd.

Bangkok, Thailand

Tel : +66-2-529-0691-5 Fax : +66-2-909-1264

Disclaimer: I'm not getting anything out of this posting except the pleasure of passing on pertinent information. :jap:

I bought this wood chipper in Chiang Mai a few days ago.

At See Yon shop on the riverside road.

33,000 B, cheaper then the Bangkok price if including delivery.

I've only given it a test run so far, but it seems very well built & does the job.

I agree, it needs bigger/fatter wheels.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Pond Life

Hello FEF, will be going back to the show tue? wed?, will ask.

rice555 ps, more rain all last night!

Hey Buddy let that wet stuff fall and I hope the sun shines on your trip there mid week. We haven't got the rain yet as the rest of the country is awash but still have a bunch in reserve in the klong and lake on one of the farms. You almost got me again with that first photo but when enlarged it sure looks like the derndest manure spreader I've ever seen. The tires look way too narrow and it appears to dump pretty fast so might need to be moving rather rapidly. I'm still curious what that other monster orange thing grinder looking Transformer machine is used for from your other photos before. Choke Deee and let it rain on me. Fools with a Feelin' on Fords Forever ....or was Taj always sayin' "Blues with a feelin' "

I bought this wood chipper in Chiang Mai a few days ago.

At See Yon shop on the riverside road.

33,000 B, cheaper then the Bangkok price if including delivery.

I've only given it a test run so far, but it seems very well built & does the job.

I agree, it needs bigger/fatter wheels.

Thanks for the info.

They quoted me 37,000 baht and wouldn't budge... but they were using both of the in-stock units at the time to chip some trimmings from the car park. I still beat your price but not by much... good work man!

Suggest you check to make sure the pulley alignment is correct or you'll be eating a few sets of belts... I put on a set of 12" wheels and it surely has made a difference in moving it around.

Happy chipping! And a very big thanks for staying on topic here...

Edited by fredge45

Hello All, at the Korat Ag Show today they had several of the chippers broken down

sow you could see the inside workings.

Now O/T

FEF, think C&H and you'll know what the big machine is.

The price is on the pictures.

rice555

post-37242-0-67368000-1312296766_thumb.j

post-37242-0-90838700-1312296863_thumb.j

post-37242-0-78024000-1312296953_thumb.j

post-37242-0-13975100-1312297038_thumb.j

Hello All, at the Korat Ag Show today they had several of the chippers broken down

sow you could see the inside workings.

Now O/T

FEF, think C&H and you'll know what the big machine is.

The price is on the pictures.

rice555

Hey there Khao full of Nickles much thanks for the info. yeah that Transmogriphied beast sure looks like it could could take on a Cane field. That broadcast fertilizer sounds reasonably priced unfortunately it is all set up for small tractors. I've seen some imports for the big PTO's but nothing local yet but I'm sure it is out there. That manure spreader is a bit pricey ( but with a moving floor and those massive grinders you'd be amazed at the 20 page parts list for the belts and gears etc that these things can entail)but is a huge heavy beast and even though the tires on this photo look a little beefier you have to be on dead solid dry ground while dragging this around. That type of ground isn't very conducive to cultivating to put that manure below ground where it needs to be after you spread it out. that is the reason I'm looking for the broadcaster and will hopefully be able to adapt and modify it so that I'll be able to agitate the manure enough to keep it from compacting and cakeing in the bin. The monster is more versatile in that it can spread any form of decomposed manure and not be confined (like the 3 point) by high moisture content but wow it is a heavy beast loaded or unloaded. I still think you would be better if you are looking to spread massive amounts rapidly, with the old fashion types that have lightweight sides surrounding the belted floor and the agitator/spreader/broadcaster single reel sits parallel to the ground and right behind the belt in the back. it is much more lightweight and would allow you, with some wide profile flotation tires, to be able to get into areas sooner and more conducive to fertilizing and tilling. that said the big one is surely built Thai proof. the loader operator that fills it can banfg his bucket anywhere he wants into thAt brute and it won't phase it. It will also probably carry 33% more weight than a similarly sized lightweight model but that difference would only be a factor to a massive agro corp.

well good buddy thanks for the info and wished i could have been out there with you, maybe next year. Flinging it Far ina Ford Forever

• 3 weeks later...

Hey doggeroo this da_m site is dumping my responses so I make this short and sweet as the lost one wasa bit detailed. Basically I don't see using that side shute on your new chipper and pushing the stock in like the guy in the photo. If there is a knot in the wood or it is too dry and it bucks it hits him in the head or neck not good by me. I don't ever think that you should feed the material in and have it chipping unless the stock is very very small. In this example i think you would be safer making the piece he has into two or three pieces and dropping them into the top and standing back and let them self feed to the chipping blades. Just start with very small size pieces and you'll get the feel but if at all possible try not to have to physically feed anything of any kind of size into the blades once it has ahold of your piece material. It'll make sweet cream out of your avo branches. Fixing Fords Forever

PS dumped this one also for some reason but I backed it up this time and hopefully it will go thru

I wrote a nice long review and the web site ate it !

Now all you will get are the pictures & conclusion; works well, side chute chipper for lage diameter, stay away from dry wood.

BCS is great , so is the garden pizza oven. Was a nice day, we splurged.

Pictures bellow.

post-14625-0-61497100-1313934042_thumb.j

post-14625-0-50011600-1313934053_thumb.j

post-14625-0-29964200-1313934326_thumb.j

post-14625-0-49737000-1313934366_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2

I wrote a nice long review and the web site ate it !

Now all you will get are the pictures & conclusion; works well, side chute chipper for lage diameter, stay away from dry wood.

BCS is great , so is the garden pizza oven. Was a nice day, we splurged.

Pictures bellow.

Rattzulflapen. That is what I have said more than a few times when this site eats a long missive, so I know how you feel old Mah Thanon. I always say I am going to create it somewhere else and then transfer it onto TV and by the time I get lazy and don't (like now), another one hour worth of key banging is lost.

Well your tractor looks too too tough especially with the blade on front. I'm glad to see you wrote about DRY MATERIAL as it can be very dangerous and people can read my previous posts in this topic in regards to how dangerous dry material can be. Both size (diameter) and length of material may need to be reduced by 75% to be able to safely and efficiently introduce them into the machine. The oven is a work of art. Feeling the Flames ona Ford Forever

I found, and bought, this nice little chipper. I wanted something I can take around the property rather than have it in a fixed location. So the Honda engine unit fits my needs well. The machine is heavy, 90 kg, which reflects the robust construction. I'm impressed with the attention to detail in the construction... using Nylock nuts on every bolt is a bit of overkill but you're not going to be bothered with loosening bolts any time soon for sure. Welding seems to be done well and the fit of parts is fine. Even a belt guard!

Price is in the 35,000 - 36,000 baht range (I won't be much more specific than that as I feel that I was able to get a bargain from the manufacturer) with a 6 month warranty. I've seen the unit priced at 37,000 - 42,000 in the Chiang Mai area. They shipped immediately once the money was transferred and it arrived within one day - 300 baht from their factory to the Chiang Mai area. I used it for several hours last evening chopping lomyai branches, leaves and twigs littering the orchard after harvest... worked great. I'll be suggesting that they use larger wheels as it's weight doesn't allow for pulling around easily on rough ground.

No website now... they have a new 'merican fellow working with them now for export sales... he's most helpful.

C.L.P Engineering Co., Ltd.

Bangkok, Thailand

Tel : +66-2-529-0691-5 Fax : +66-2-909-1264

Disclaimer: I'm not getting anything out of this posting except the pleasure of passing on pertinent information. :jap:

An update on the story of this chipper. I was enthusiastic about the buy in the beginning with a few caveats regarding wheel size and grease fitting locations.

After some 4+ hours of operation, non-continuous, the first set of belts had a blow out. Bought a set locally and made an interesting discovery. The engine/cutterhead pulleys were some 3mm out of alignment. Given the short distance that was really a lot. See pic.

With advice from the factory tech I attempted to move the engine back to get it in line. Mounting slots were not wide enough to get the engine moved far enough so I did some widening of the slots... approved by the tech. Noted that no flat washers were being used under the mounting bolt heads so added some of my own. Also noted this deficiency to the factory.

Started chipping again and noticed that the belts wouldn't keep tension. It was then I spotted that the idler had only been spot welded to the shaft and that weld had broken. See pic.

Shipped the machine back to the factory, collect, for repairs and adjustments. I was asking them to extend the legs so I could use my 12" wheels, make provision to make it easier to get to the grease fitting, install their own flat washers... all minor but salient items.

Response was that they wouldn't do any of those "extras" without charging more. But they would reimburse my money at 80% of my purchase price! Pretty much left me with no option but to have them repair the machine and have it returned. At this point the 'merican fellow was no longer allowed to speak or interact with me... go figure.

So the above took almost 2 weeks and they finally shipped the machine back. I was ordered to make NO modifications nor unauthorized changes and to follow the instructions of the owner's manual to the letter (I had an English version). They did install a 90 degree grease fitting for the idler but no flat washers nor any other suggested changes. I was also ordered to stop the machine ever hour to let the "engine" (I think they meant belts) cool for 5 - 10 minutes.

Went back to chipping, stopped every 30 minutes or so... this went on for about 3 hours and the belts started fraying yet again. Informed them of the problem and that I noted that the pulleys were not aligned - out some 0.5mm.

"Senior management" were not in the office for any decision to be given for some 4 days. Then, rather than attempt to repair or adjust to machine yet again, "senior management" decided to reimburse 100% of the price. At no time did I ever ask for a return of my money... I only wanted a chipper to take care of orchard trimmings without having to be rebuilt or have a change of belts every 3 - 4 hours.

While awaiting their eventual transfer (that took some 5 days!) I did a bit of cleanup of the machine. This last picture gives me the whole story of their lack of QC or customer concern. The factory had to replace the idler shaft. So they used a cutting torch to remove the old one, then welded the new one in place. No cleanup, no coat of paint... no pride of workmanship it appears.

The money finally got transferred and I shipped the machine back last Saturday. End of saga although I'm still looking for a nice little chipper to use around the orchard.

Suggestion only: do business with this company AYOR...

post-52561-0-37007600-1314590871_thumb.j

post-52561-0-64065900-1314591374_thumb.j

post-52561-0-75565000-1314592378_thumb.j

post-52561-0-93945700-1314592920_thumb.j

Fredge,

Most of the wear visable on your pic is on the back of the belt.

Was there more wear on the V faces ?

I was dubious about the bar that sits across the back of the belts,

Opposite side to the idler.

I seems to me it sits to close to the belts when theyre tensioned

& might cause wear to the back of the belts.

When you engaged the lever did you go to the first notch or the lower one.

I've been using the lower one.

I didnt get an english manual.

Im away from home for another 10 days,

but I will be taking a good look at my machine when I do.

Fredge,

Most of the wear visable on your pic is on the back of the belt.

Was there more wear on the V faces ?

I was dubious about the bar that sits across the back of the belts,

Opposite side to the idler.

I seems to me it sits to close to the belts when theyre tensioned

& might cause wear to the back of the belts.

When you engaged the lever did you go to the first notch or the lower one.

I've been using the lower one.

I didnt get an english manual.

Im away from home for another 10 days,

but I will be taking a good look at my machine when I do.

Here's the English version that the 'merican guy sent me... doesn't tell you much more than you probably already would know. When I engaged the tensioner I went to the lowest position and then locked the handle by moving it to the right.

As you can see, the wear on the back of the belts was minimal... the insides were getting chewed up and spit out. IMG_0177 was the first set of belts, IMG_0220 was the beginning of the end for the belts when returned from repairs and "adjustments". I suggested that they substitute cog belts given their extra flexibility and greater cooling capacity... but nothing was done. I didn't want to be solving their problems for them at my expense so I didn't go find other belts that might have alleviated the problems, especially given their attitude.

Wood Chipper English Manual.PDF

post-52561-0-17327000-1314613127_thumb.j

post-52561-0-55372700-1314613495_thumb.j

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum, Could anyone tell me where See Yon shop is on the riverside road so I know a rough direction to head in. I'm interested in a wood chipper to support a bamboo curing facility we're developing in the region. We require a smallish mobile and durable chipper for use in hard to access areas, preferably with a petrol driven engine. I'll hopefully have a drive to the shop sometime over the next few days. Cheers

Sorry for the delay in giving an answer.

Firstly, I would not recommend the chipper that myself & Fredge bought.

The chipper itself is good & the engine is Honda, but the belt drive system between the two is not up to the job.

I chew up a pair of belts in about 40 minutes ! at 40 Baht each its do-able but stupid.

I plan to convert mine to a 3 point hitch & PTO drive.

SeeYon shop,

Start at the super highway on the north side of the city,

Where the big bridge crosses the Ping river, there is a road going south down the east side of the river,

On my map its called Charoen Raj, just follow it & look out on your left side for a place with blue trailers out front.

Very good shop, very helpful.

sorry for jumping in here boys anyone got any idea how to chop bannana stem , trunks up fine

Its to make turkey food for a collage students project

We dont want to spend a ton of money and so If anyone has got or knows of something second hand even better

all ideas welcome