The Great Battle Of Our Time...!

tamtam23

hello guys!

i will be in bkk soon , and i wanna buy a game console for myself...

what console should i buy...?

if you know some prices feel free to write them down... :o

thank you!

Yes either wait for a PS3 coz after seeing the review and specs it wud be better than Xbox360 or if u want something now than buy PS2 coz there are more games available in bkk for PS2 than Xbox and secondly PS2 is cheaper than Xbox. You can get a PS2 here for about 6,000 Baht. :D

Don't be so hasty with your purchase.

If you are really into your games then you want the best machine. I have both and can say without doubt that the X-Box is significantly better.

I bought the PS2 recently as I was led to think that there was no real difference between the two machines and the PS2 has the advantage of being a great size for travel. I got 15 recent games with the machine as it was chipped. I have been disappointed with all the games and was very surprised. The difference between the two machines graphically is very noticeable and makes the PS2 the second choice. I am playing San Andreas on it, but even that falls short of expectations having very sharp edgy graphics.

There are far more games available for the PS2 but I have managed to get all the games I want for the X-Box here. Also it’s worth considering that of all those PS2 games how many are worth playing? If you have never played the X-Box then you will be only too happy with the PS2, but if you want the better machine then that’s the X-Box.

i'm very confused now... :o

richb 2004...do you know how much an xbox cost in bkk?

i am afraid that because microsoft is starting to sale the xbox 360 at the end of the year, there wont be alot of new games available for the xbox...

what do you say?

Which games are good and which games are bad is really a matter of opinion... saying that PS2 games are lousy is not really true, since there are waaaay too many to generalize in that manner. Like for me, I personally *hate* Halo. That doesn't make the Xbox totally lousy, does it? You hated the games you got? Maybe you made the wrong choices with those games. Just don't say that every all PS2 games are lousy because those 15 are bad... there are several thousand to pick from, and they're very easy to find.

Tamtam, your choice of games is not like everyone else's. Buy whatever console has the games you want to play.

As for graphics, both systems are comparable. There isn't a great difference, at least not enough to base a purchasing decision on. The xbox has its own weaknesses... if it was perfect, it would have dominated worldwide sales by now.

I certainly wasn't saying that all PS2 games are lousy. There are too many and I haven’t played them all. I was simply saying that I bought 15 games that I expected to be great and they weren't. Plus in my limited experience I have found that games released on both consoles are better on the x-box, due to its greater processing power I guess. I am not condemning the PS2, just pointing out that in my opinion the X-Box is better.

Sorry I don't know how much the X-Box costs in Bkk. I was in my local game store here in Rayong yesterday and I think they sell for somewhere between 8000 - 9000 Baht, modified.

I bought three new X-Box games yesterday and had no problem getting them, although there were probably ten times more PS2 games in the store. Doom 3, Medal of Honor: European Assault and San Andreas are all new games but they were all available here.

At the end of the day I’m sure that if you buy a PS2 you will be happy with it and will have no end of choice of all the latest games. The PS2 is more popular here and I’m sure that you will have no complaints with it. My point was that after the X-box I felt I had gone back over when I bought the PS2. There is a noticeable difference between them, but if you are going directly to the PS2 you won’t know of that difference so it won’t affect you. Which ever you choose you won’t be disappointed I’m sure. The games are great for both and they are very cheap and available.

For playing games here in Thailand, the choice is a no-brainer:PS2.  The choice of games (copied) is waaaaaaaaaay better.  The X-box has good online gaming, but that's not easy to do here.

Sorry but thats complete rubbish. I have both a PS2 and Xbox and I have no trouble finding every Xbox game I want at MBK or Panthip or Fortune Town. While you will see that there are more PS2 games, that's because there *are* more PS2 games in the world, nothing to do with copies.

My view? I play the Xbox more these days, the games coming out are just of higher quality, stuff like KOTOR II, Jade Empire and so on. Not to mention that so many games are now multi-platform so the choice is simple: xbox version.

However, PS2 has a very good selection of older games, from excellent platformers (Jak, Ratchett) to things like Amplitude, Rez and all those bizarre Jap games and RPGs.

neph.

I'm not really talking about going all the way to the great game shops to buy a limited selection of games (relatively limited, there are still a lot). I'm talking about finding what you want at your local deparment store. Hence my statement "The choice of games (copied) is waaaaaaaaaay better" is actually quite true, and far from "complete rubbish" (you even support it with your own statements).

Again, as to what games are better, it's entirely a matter of preference. That's something you can't push on other people.