Handsome Furs Live @ Guitarman

citylife

HANDSOME FURS live @ Guitarman

20 August

@ Guitarman

lyingboss presents A very special event for Chiang Mai, and the band's only Thailand date outside of Bangkok: Canadian electro-rock duo HANDSOME FURS rock GUITARMAN, with sterling support from local up'n'comers SONNET AND ALCOHOL and indie troubadour LINDSAY STEVENSON. HANDSOME FURS recently released their second album on Seattle's legendary SUB POP records, ome-time home to Nirvana

post-86897-066685000 1282104501_thumb.jp

Edited by citylife

OK, here is a report from someone who is NOT a Rolling Stones music reviewer, nor a business partner....just a long time habitué of the club known as The Guitarman.

The Handsome Furs, and the 2 backup bands were stellar. As was mentioned by others on the announcement thread (after the concert) it was An Event. People spilled out into the street, a very cool vibe, and everyone rocking out listening to a quality and class of music in this genre that has been rare to experience in CM.

I've been to North Gate Jazz Club many times, where I've heard electrifying and enervating jazz...from be-bop to straight ahead to fusion.

The other night at Guitarman was a rock equivalent. Many layers of musicianship, improvisation and plain flat out spirited rock energy.

I think it will go down in history, that night.....:lol: