Meeting People In The Most Unusual Places And Circumstances

tigerfish

well its happened on more than one occasion to me and i suppose the most bizarre incident was when i was stuck in a traffic jam on blackfriars bridge, london. it was a hot summers day with nothing better to do than just sit and wait. so i decided to role the windows down, stick on a c.d of my favorite thai singer (full blast) and daydream of being back in the LOS. about a minute into the first track i got suddenly disturbed by a loud honking sound to my left side. not amused from being pulled away from my thoughts of being somewhere else, i gave a quick glance to my left and saw that it was in fact one of londons famous route master buses. i thought to myself for a second about what could be his problem and then decided to ignore the drivers erratic behavior of using his horn in an impatient manner. after all everyones got to be somewhere and its always bugged about the way buses in london get preferential treatment over other drivers that work in the capital. but he wouldn't stop! so i look up again and see the driver now stepping out of his cab, to which i though, here we go this is all i need! a ruck in the middle of london, stuck on blackfrairs bridge on a hot summers day with all the world looking on.

i couldn't believe what the guy came out with next, i was gob smacked. he started asking me if id been to thailand much, where did i stay and stated that jintarla poonlarb was also his favorite thai singer too. he went on to tell me that he had a girlfriend back in thailand from korat and that he loved going out to morlam/tawangdeng clubs and, eating som tam whilst drinking whiskey and having a good old boogie with the locals. of course by then the traffic had started to move and everyone was getting frustrated at the hold up. so we exchanged numbers and to this day we remain good mates.

on other occasions, I have met a guy that went to a rival school in my borough on a visa run to laos. got chatting to a guy whilst swimming in the sea down in phuket that lives not 1 mile away from where i come from back in the u.k. and 2 days ago talked to a guy in the forum chat room that comes from my neck of the woods and drinks in my local and knows a friend of mine that is married to one of my wifes best mates, who used to work in the same restaurant back in england while we lived there.

so has anyone else had any strange meetings with folk who hail from there hometowns in the most unusual of circumstances when you least expected it. have you ever bumped into someone who knows your friends and family out in thailand or vice virsa .

Edited by tigerfish