Advice Please....

BigDamo

Hi, I'm coming to Hua Hin for a change this year and am wondering the best way to get from BKK airport?

Also please suggest good things to do and go and see plus nice restaurants etc

Cheers

Big DBigDamo,

The best way to get to Hua Hin from the airport is by hired car with driver but that may cost around 3000 baht each way. I don't know the current rates as I drive myself but there is anything from a meter taxi at the taxi stand out front to airport limos (probably 3 to 4k baht). That is probably the way to go if you can afford it and have very much luggage.

Alternatively, the BTS airport express train is supposed to start running tomorrow (Monday Aug 23rd). That takes you to downtown Bangkok somewhere. From there you can get a taxi, or BTS (elevated train) to either victory monument for a mini bus (van) to Hua Hin, to the Southern Bus terminal for a big air conditioned bus to Hua Hin, or to the train station for a train to Hua Hin.

Again, if you're not familiar with Thailand, Bangkok, and have never been to Hua Hin before I would suggest you go ahead and get a car directly from the airport as you will no doubt be tired and with luggage this is the easiest and quickest option.

As for your other question, its very open and vague and will be difficult to answer without knowing more about your interests. Hua Hin is much quieter that most other tourist destinations in Thailand, and a lot of families vacation here and a lot of expats retire here. There is probably the best golf in Thailand (but expensive) and there is pretty much any kind of restaurant you want at various price levels and quality. Nightlife tends to be in a couple of sections of town on a few streets and mostly consists of small beer bars, but with a few more upscale venues thrown in. Tell us more about your interests and I'm sure you will get some more specific answers.

Also, browse through some of the other threads on the (Hua Hin/Cha-Am) forum and you will find a lot of information.

Hi

Inside the Airport you may get a Taxi for 2,500 baht, go outside and the best rate you will get will be 1800 baht dependant on your negotiating scores, 2k is fair but 1800 baht is a deal.

The best way is to get someone in Hua Hin to organise one for you, 1800/2,000 baht for a car or 2,500/3,000 baht for a minbus.

I'm not sure if Don Muang has buses that do direct to the Souther Bus Terminal, but Suvarnabhumi does. If you can determine that they do run from DM, it's easy, but not so easy if you have to get there otherwise. I'm guessing it would be about B500 from DM to the terminal in a taxi, and less than B100 to HH, total B600.

If you choose a mini bus from the Khao San road area, take a taxi to KS Road from DM, around B250 I'm guessing, and a min bus will be a bit more than a public from the SB Terminal, so probably B150-200, total B400-500.

If you're cashed up, take a taxi all the way.