Installing Ink Tanks On My Canon Inkjet Printer

Zen

I have a canon inkjet MP258. I was thinking of installing ink tanks like those shown in the picture here. Any one got any bad experience with these tanks or any opinions?

I was quoted 1,500 baht at one shop, 1,000 at another shop and 800 baht at the third shop. All includes installing the tanks with ink.

post-17118-088331300 1282544276_thumb.jp

800-1000 sounds about right if that includes the tanks kit. Kits alone sell for less than 500 in my local DIY shop, the inks are not expensive, 50-100 per bottle depending on size and brand, any cost on top of that is just for making the holes in your existing cartridges unless they are trying to sell you new ones.

I have a Canon mp145 and the tanks work well. Just make sure they install them properly, I initially had a couple of problems, the cheap ink dries up on the cartridge heads very quickly and clogs the nozzles so no matter what they tell you at the shop, print a couple of pages every day or two just to keep them unclogged, also make sure the length of the ink pipes inside the printer is correct, too long and they will get caught under the cartridges and jam them, too short and they will restrict their movement. Keeping those things in mind my printer has been running fine for about a year now.