World Of Warcraft?

nephilim

There are a few of us playing it, although we havent got around to forming any kind of group yet, and were currently spread over different servers...

There are a few threads already running about the latency issues (Hint: Search is your friend) you can find these threads...

Here and Here

For me peronsally, i Imported the US version from australia simply cos i was able to get a friend in australia buy it and send it to be as a birthday pressie :o Apparently theres some Auzzie servers in the pipeline, but when is anyones guess

Not sure if the Euro version would be better for certain people, i guess its all about timezones as the latency will be similar

I did a similar thing, had it bought in Australia and then sent to me.

However before this I managed to download a copy of the game and just get my CD key sent to me, saved postage :o

The other thing to take note of is that you will need either a US or Australian, address and or creditcard to register the game as the system will not accept anything else to get the game working.

Not sure if you can steup a Euro version from here never tried, but assume similar requirements would be needed.

Hope this helps.

Khun Aus

I bought it from ebay 50 american dollars a weeks ago was bored to wait for a south

east asia since i was following this game since 2002 ... Patience is a virtue ...

I got the key sent by email 10mn after i bought it and start downloading an unofficial

cd image. It took two days non stop from thailand (2.5Go or 4 images). Would be

a great hit if the lag wasnt such an issue (check the thread pointed by wolfie), let s

hope 1.6.0 patch will help things a bit or an aussie / south east asia server will save

us all.

One positive note, I just read about this and also lots of WoW adds going on in Aus apparently.

Hopefully Blizz is doing a turn around and moving ahead which will make a lot of people happy.

This site was set up not long ago..and hopfully means a server is on its way, in the not to distant future. ( this info i just found whilst bored :o )

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com.au

One positive note, I just read about this and also lots of WoW adds going on in Aus apparently.

Hopefully Blizz is doing a turn around and moving ahead which will make a lot of people happy.

This site was set up not long ago..and hopfully means a server is on its way, in the not to distant future. ( this info i just found whilst bored :o )

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com.au

Have you tried a ping from here ... 440ms :'( Be sure it s unplayable at that speed...

440ms would be ok to play... PvP vs someone who has a <100ms could be entertaining but certainly the game would be playable.

Oh and i paid my game subs with my Thai credit card - you only need a US/Auz address for your billing address.

I agree that a 400-500 latency is fine for PvP. That is what i have had since day one (excluding this latest latency rubbish) on the US servers and i seem to do very well. (Rank 8 in the honor system before this latency)

It can be hard, as wolfie says against someone with sub 100 latency but 95% of the time i had no problems.

I think however if an Aussie server was to be implemented we would get sub 300 possibly 200 pings.

It is good to see Thai CC are accepted, and that is something new to me. I was told at the time the credi tcard was means to determine location. Anyway all good news...

440ms would be ok to play... PvP vs someone who has a <100ms could be entertaining but certainly the game would be playable.

Oh and i paid my game subs with my Thai credit card - you only need a US/Auz address for your billing address.

You dont get it ... If i ping us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com = 220ms, if i ping

www.worldofwarcraft.com.au = 440ms. I believe that the experience would be

worse the only good point it s that it might lighten up the link to the usa for us.

Have you actually tried pinging us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com ?

(Hint: you cant, its behind a firewall, so i dont know where your getting your 220ms ping from)

When pinging www.worldofwarcraft.com.au the bottle neck is 202.47.253.198 - which is CAT - so really were gunna be screwed regardless of where the servers are located.

Have you actually tried pinging us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com ?

(Hint: you cant, its behind a firewall, so i dont know where your getting your 220ms ping from)

When pinging www.worldofwarcraft.com.au the bottle neck is 202.47.253.198 - which is CAT - so really were gunna be screwed regardless of where the servers are located.

Try to do a traceroute with tracert or pingplotter (nice freeware) you ll see that the last

hops before us.logon is at 220ms. Now if you compare with www.worldofwarcraft.com.au

you ll see that it s at 400ms. Maybe they ll change the server and it s a temporary

hosting, but I cant imagine a 300ms-500ms in game with australia on their current

server.

Forgot to mention do the same thing with the taiwanese server :

www.wowtaiwan.com.tw - 92ms ... That s why we need an english realm on those

server, like there is an english / german / french server in europe, why not include

an english realm on the taiwanese server ?

Edited by Deksan

If we could get to a tiawanese server, who would we complain to about all the Chinese Gold farmers? :D:D

I agree you get a 400 ping to the .au site but i suspect that the servers (if any) would have a seperate address in a different location. Not that i know if it would or would not be any better.

I was doing some looking and came accross this http://iir.ngi.nectec.or.th/internet/map/2...701-800x600.gif

Could not find true on that map to see how big their link is.

I have done trace route to known aussie sites and also get a 2-300 ping. guess it is just luck on how we get routed to the desitnation.

Bypassing CAT or finding an isp that does may solve our issues :o

If we could get to a tiawanese server, who would we complain to about all the Chinese Gold farmers? :D  :D

I agree you get a 400 ping to the .au site but i suspect that the servers (if any) would have a seperate address in a different location.  Not that i know if it would or would not be any better.

I was doing some looking and came accross this http://iir.ngi.nectec.or.th/internet/map/2...701-800x600.gif

Could not find true on that map to see how big their link is.

I have done trace route to known aussie sites and also get a 2-300 ping.  guess it is just luck on how we get routed to the desitnation.

Bypassing CAT or finding an isp that does may solve our issues  :o

Aahha I d prefer complain about the chinese farmers than complain about lag :D I

can play even there is farmers ... With lag cant play at all :D

True is on that map it s called asiainfonet, there is also on that website the current

usage of each isp's bandwidth but couldnt find it ...

Bypassing CAT is impossibile i think except if we change of country :D