Tefl / Celta Courses

Can anyone out there recommend a Language School that's not located in Bangkok where I could take a good TEFL / CELTA course. By the sea but preferably still on the mainland would be great.

Please note that I'm only asking because I'd like to hear from someone who has actually taken a course and found it to be of a high standard rather than believing the self promotional website propaganda and NOT because I'm too lazy to seach for one in the first place. :o

Thanks for your help

Edited by peterzxr

Well, I did the TEFL International course down at Ban Phe so its by the sea, on the mainland and I thought it was a good course.

Cant think of any other ones that fit your description but I am sure there are a couple.

Well, I did the TEFL International course down at Ban Phe so its by the sea, on the mainland and I thought it was a good course. 

Cant think of any other ones that fit your description but I am sure there are a couple.

Thanks Bluffer - have had a look at their website before and was considering Ban Phe so it's good to hear they're running a good course.

Kenkaniff, have also seen the one in Hua Hin. Do you know if they're any good as well?

Thanks guys, very helpful so far.

Edited by peterzxr

Not really my place to comment, but I've not heard anyone complain.

Both will let you observe so maybe think about sitting in for a week in each and then compare and contrast and pick the one that's best for you. What's good for me, might not be good for you etc. (and most people only ever do one course so it's pretty much impossible to know if one is better than the other).

It's a buyers market here, use that to your advantage.

Text and Talk .. "The McDonalds of Language schools" ... try Stamford College in Hat Yai .. terrible town .. great school .. excellent course .. great job assistance .. non ripoff rates .. affordable accomodation .. assists with teachers licence .. permit etc .. did it 3 years ago but kept in touch passing by on visa runs every now and again .. forgot url .. Google it.

:o