Australia Tourist Visa For Girlfriend, Son And Mum

I want to bring them across next year. GF is a professional lady, 38 years old, government job, can get employer's letter saying the necessary. Mum has property in her name worth around 5 million B. The only problem is it looks like the family is moving across!!!

Does anyone have any experience of this and any tips please?

Cheers

Technically it should not be a problem.

Thanks. I read and re-read the requirements and on the face of it there shouldn't be a problem, but I get the impression the outcome is very much dependent on the person making the decision.

And also for OZ as with any country you need they need to meet the requirements. and If you address them with not problem and croos the T's and dot the I's as it were then there should be no legal reason they can reject it........therefore you need to do your homework as to the requirements and how best to address each and everyone and what eveidence will help you to do this also.

cheers

And also for OZ as with any country you need they need to meet the requirements. and If you address them with not problem and croos the T's and dot the I's as it were then there should be no legal reason they can reject it........therefore you need to do your homework as to the requirements and how best to address each and everyone and what eveidence will help you to do this also.

cheers

Very true, and I suppose I am lucky in that both mother and daughter have secure, checkable pasts, it's just one hears so many stories of rejections, but I guess there must be underlying reasons.

Cheers.

Very true, and I suppose I am lucky in that both mother and daughter have secure, checkable pasts, it's just one hears so many stories of rejections, but I guess there must be underlying reasons.

Cheers.

Remember that children and family are not reasons to return to to Thailand. You will need to show reason to return, the property helps and ownership docs should be a part of the application. The same applies to the letter from employer covering the required time off work and stating that the applicant will have a job to go back to.

Can you get permission from the sons father for him to travel....If this cannont be done then your girlfriend will need to fill out some forms with two people who know her, stating the father is not involved in the childs upbringing and hasnt been in contact for X amount of time etc... This is being addressed on this link

Edited by gburns57au

Cheers.

Remember that children and family are not reasons to return to to Thailand. You will need to show reason to return, the property helps and ownership docs should be a part of the application. The same applies to the letter from employer covering the required time off work and stating that the applicant will have a job to go back to.

Can you get permission from the sons father for him to travel....If this cannont be done then your girlfriend will need to fill out some forms with two people who know her, stating the father is not involved in the childs upbringing and hasnt been in contact for X amount of time etc... This is being addressed on this link

http://www.thaivisa....nly-one-parent/

Cheers.

http://www.thaivisa....nly-one-parent/

Thanks for that. I read that wee bit on the Immigration website, and I've read the ling re form 14-cheers. I am lead to believe that the father will have no objection, but I understand the need for the relevant form.

Fortunately she works for the army, in fact she is a Major, and a nurse, so I think that should be OK! She also says the army has written letters for other nurses before to go overseas.

Yes, title deeds etc, all important. I'll just have to sit down and make a check list. I have seen other resources including a letter that someone once wrote in support of his GF's application, so let's hope!

The question will be when to apply for the visas, I can't remember if they give you something like 3 months to enter the country.

Cheers.

Edit: bit about child removed as I found the answer.

Edited by petemcc

Thanks for that. I read that wee bit on the Immigration website, and I've read the ling re form 14-cheers. I am lead to believe that the father will have no objection, but I understand the need for the relevant form.

Fortunately she works for the army, in fact she is a Major, and a nurse, so I think that should be OK! She also says the army has written letters for other nurses before to go overseas.

Yes, title deeds etc, all important. I'll just have to sit down and make a check list. I have seen other resources including a letter that someone once wrote in support of his GF's application, so let's hope!

The question will be when to apply for the visas, I can't remember if they give you something like 3 months to enter the country.

Also, the form talks about application for a child who is on your passport. Her son has his own passport as I thought it was no longer possible to have a child on a parent's passport. That probably means another processing fee, unless someone knows different! I suppose I should check the website.

Cheers.

Processing fees are per passport/application. Usually for a visitors visa there is a validity of 3 months within which the visa holder must enter Oz.

A letter of support/invite covering reason to return, finances, medical etc... would be very handy.

If you are assisting with the finances then there is a question on the 48R form that will need to be filled out Question 22 I think?

Edited by gburns57au

Also, the form talks about application for a child who is on your passport. Her son has his own passport as I thought it was no longer possible to have a child on a parent's passport. That probably means another processing fee, unless someone knows different! I suppose I should check the website.

Cheers.

Processing fees are per passport/application. Usually for a visitors visa there is a validity of 3 months within which the visa holder must enter Oz.

A letter of support/invite covering reason to return, finances, medical etc... would be very handy.

If you are assisting with the finances then there is a question on the 48R form that will need to be filled out Question 22 I think?

Thanks mate.

Recently bought my Thai father inlaw to OZ for 3 month tourist visa. We sent letter of invitation/support and copy of bank statements to show funds to support him. Took 3 days to get Visa with no problem.