Terrible Experiance

edh

Sorry to bother with this sad story (been out and powered it up by Chang - sadly)

- This morning a terrible accident happened at my area of quarters (PM me if name wanted)/ Young boy 8-10 year old Philipino/Farang, newly moved in since two days, have a terrible accident... At pool area there is a bar nicely lowered in to the pool but unfortunately never attended as condo still under construction and therefore no profit yet (my guess).

This morning two young boys were playing around (jumping, diving, etc.) as boys do in pool areas (about 9 AM) for an hour or so.. Heard them all time as having a good time and did not bother until I heard the terrible noise of electric current running wild. Did not "understand" what it was I was hearing but somehow understood that I needed to get my big nose out at the balcony and check it out...

At that time, all maids and security guards were standing on the side of this pool-side bar and just screaming and (security) blowing their whistles. Knew immediately that something have gone awfully wrong. Asked instinctally if someone was in a fight or similar? Wife said, no, this one I don't understand what about as all were shouting and screaming, 10 sec later we saw one guard carry one boy out of the pool bar seemingly lifeless.. Guards brought him out and laid him on a bench, like 20 mtrs away, and there it stopped!!!

I am fully trained in basic ABC, which in my counry mean: Breathe, bleeding, chock..I could not just stand watching this disaster happening without even trying, seeing the guard and like 30+ extra people doing nothing except holding the poor boys hand?? Anyway, started heart massage as soon as I got there, everything chaotic as parents of the boy arrived, asked someone to blow air into the mouth every 30 seconds - NO ONE wanted???? Anyway, sadly later I learned that the boy passed away (may someone watch over his soul) and what I relly wanted to say is:

A non-grounded pool bar where ever you are - NO NO, B*****T

Teach all puplic servants tha basic medical aid is a must education - London in mind. Thre is so much buildings going on but who is keeping track of it. At least I know Europe keeps some kind of standard or norm to keep it safe?

Sad day and feel really shitty about it as I have a newborn energetic son which will use whatever we grownups make him climb...

Thoughts and prayers to this mornings boys family,,, Truly sad.

edh

Sorry to bother with this sad story (been out and powered it up by Chang - sadly)

- This morning a terrible accident happened at my area of quarters (PM me if name wanted)/ Young boy 8-10 year old Philipino/Farang, newly moved in since two days, have a terrible accident... At pool area there is a bar nicely lowered in to the pool but unfortunately never attended as condo still under construction and therefore no profit yet (my guess).

This morning two young boys were playing around (jumping, diving, etc.) as boys do in pool areas (about 9 AM) for an hour or so.. Heard them all time as having a good time and did not bother until I heard the terrible noise of electric current running wild. Did not "understand" what it was I was hearing but somehow understood that I needed to get my big nose out at the balcony and check it out...

At that time, all maids and security guards were standing on the side of this pool-side bar and just screaming and (security) blowing their whistles. Knew immediately that something have gone awfully wrong. Asked instinctally if someone was in a fight or similar? Wife said, no, this one I don't understand what about as all were shouting and screaming, 10 sec later we saw one guard carry one boy out of the pool bar seemingly lifeless.. Guards brought him out and laid him on a bench, like 20 mtrs away, and there it stopped!!!

I am fully trained in basic ABC, which in my counry mean: Breathe, bleeding, chock..I could not just stand watching this disaster happening without even trying, seeing the guard and like 30+ extra people doing nothing except holding the poor boys hand?? Anyway, started heart massage as soon as I got there, everything chaotic as parents of the boy arrived, asked someone to blow air into the mouth every 30 seconds - NO ONE wanted???? Anyway, sadly later  I learned that the boy passed away (may someone watch over his soul) and what I relly wanted to say is:

Teach all puplic servants tha basic medical aid is a must education - London in mind. Thre is so much buildings going on but who is keeping track of it. At least I know Europe keeps some kind of standard or norm to keep it safe?

Sad day and feel really shitty about it as I have a newborn energetic son which will use whatever we grownups make him climb...

edh

I, too, am sad to hear that this ended so tragically, EDH. But please let your heart be healed by the knowledge that you did everything within your power to try to save the life of the young boy. What a wonderful story it would have been if the boy had still had enough life in him when you arrived for your efforts to have been successful. Unfortunately, he was beyond such help when you arrived.

Your regrets about the lack of safety precautions are very valid. It is something often seen in many countries which lack the sophistication to adequately regulate dangerous construction acitivities. Hopefully, the death of this young boy will contribute toward an effort to improve those regulations.

Meanwhile, while I have no relationship to the lost child, I thank you, as a human being, for your efforts to save him. Sleep well, knowing that you are a good man.

GR

GR,

Thanks for your kind words. Just wanted to share this, even for me, traumatic expiriance. Have seen and dealed with it before, but never with youngsters.

Worked on ferrys between scandinavia and mid-europe in early 90's.. Many truckers that gave up after a full night of booze and pulver. "Jump started" many of them at that time but noyhing compares to today's unfortunate accident which could be easily avoided.

Take care of your loved ones and chack your outlets'....

I am fully trained in basic ABC, which in my counry mean: Breathe, bleeding, chock..I could not just stand watching this disaster happening without even trying, seeing the guard and like 30+ extra people doing nothing except holding the poor boys hand?? Anyway, started heart massage as soon as I got there, everything chaotic as parents of the boy arrived, asked someone to blow air into the mouth every 30 seconds - NO ONE wanted???? Anyway, sadly later  I learned that the boy passed away (may someone watch over his soul) and what I relly wanted to say is:

edh

I, too, am sad to hear that this ended so tragically, EDH. But please let your heart be healed by the knowledge that you did everything within your power to try to save the life of the young boy. What a wonderful story it would have been if the boy had still had enough life in him when you arrived for your efforts to have been successful. Unfortunately, he was beyond such help when you arrived.

Your regrets about the lack of safety precautions are very valid. It is something often seen in many countries which lack the sophistication to adequately regulate dangerous construction acitivities. Hopefully, the death of this young boy will contribute toward an effort to improve those regulations.

Meanwhile, while I have no relationship to the lost child, I thank you, as a human being, for your efforts to save him. Sleep well, knowing that you are a good man.

GR

GR,

Thanks for your kind words. Just wanted to share this, even for me, traumatic expiriance. Have seen and dealed with it before, but never with youngsters.

Worked on ferrys between scandinavia and mid-europe in early 90's.. Many truckers that gave up after a full night of booze and pulver. "Jump started" many of them at that time but noyhing compares to today's unfortunate accident which could be easily avoided.

Take care of your loved ones and chack your outlets'....

edh

GR

A similar incident occurred in an hotel swimming pool in pattaya a couple of years ago resulting in the tragic death of a farang boy. The cause was faulty wiring in the swimming pool. My strong advice is not to swim in swimming pools in thailand, which have underwater light fittings irrespective of whether the power is switched on or off.

Such lighting is generally installed without the use of power breakers or good earth connections which former would normally have tripped in the event of a problem.

You may remember the incident of the school machine selling cans of soft drinks which was electrically defective. I merely had a piece of paper stuck on the machine stating the machine was dangerous. Of course the paper fell off and tragically a young child died. No one thought to isolate the machine. TIT.

Very quiet at condo today. This is being investigated of who to blame.. For sure, child nor parents have no blame in this as it is an technical matter related to the condo.. I wonder if this will make the news as all "jumpers" and suicide attempts do un Patty??