Consumer Unit

leekman

im wanting to know .what is the best split load consumer unit to buy in thailand .as ill be installing a new cu unit when i return also were is the cheapest place to get

the cu unit from in khon kaen . thanks inadvance.paul

Perhaps you could clarify what you call "split load" and you should get plenty of help with that. As for cheapest place in Khon Kaen - not sure you will get much help here. But, you can't be spending a LOT more than the cheapest by checking out Home Pro or Global - both of which have varieties of Safe-T-Cut, Sneider, and other "favorites".

thank you for your reply what i should of said split service consumer unit. sorry my mistake. im wanting to know the best makes and the crap makes to watch out for .

i will be buying from global house or home pro. i was also considering buying a consumer unit in the uk before i return is that a better solution. thanks again.

Perhaps you could clarify what you call "split load" and you should get plenty of help with that. As for cheapest place in Khon Kaen - not sure you will get much help here. But, you can't be spending a LOT more than the cheapest by checking out Home Pro or Global - both of which have varieties of Safe-T-Cut, Sneider, and other "favorites".

I think you are talking about a 16th or 17th edition CU. Something like Crossy has on his web page.

post-78778-067898800 1283238657_thumb.jp Crossy's16th edition

post-78778-068464100 1283239141_thumb.jp SQD17th edition

Remeber what Crossy told me about buying from the UK. "Be careful buying populated UK boards, they will likely come with a 100A incomer and 32A breakers (intended for rings). You need a 63A incomer and 20A breakers for radials."

I did see a company in Thailand called Seven-A (www.seven-a.com) that sells a Square D split unit. The Square D units I have seen in England use domae or quick line breakers that I do not see are for sale in Thailand.

thanks you eraymos thats a split loud consumer unit , crossy once told me that it was ok to put a 100amp incomer on 15/45 meter with 25mm tails then i could upgrade my meter to 30/100 at a later date. so thats what i was going to do put a 100amp isolator switch in before the CU box and two 100 amp henley blocks in 1 dp and 1 sp.

then i was going to put a 100amp incomer in the CU unit with a 63amp rccd i thought that would be ok.

I think you are talking about a 16th or 17th edition CU. Something like Crossy has on his web page.

post-78778-067898800 1283238657_thumb.jp Crossy's16th edition

post-78778-068464100 1283239141_thumb.jp SQD17th edition

Remeber what Crossy told me about buying from the UK. "Be careful buying populated UK boards, they will likely come with a 100A incomer and 32A breakers (intended for rings). You need a 63A incomer and 20A breakers for radials."

I did see a company in Thailand called Seven-A (www.seven-a.com) that sells a Square D split unit. The Square D units I have seen in England use domae or quick line breakers that I do not see are for sale in Thailand.

Main Switch 63A minimum

Lighting circuits 10A minimum

Power (socket outlets) 20A.

All socket outlets protected by RCDs.

DIN rail loadcentres have 19mm modules.

Loadcentres may be sheet metal or polycarbonate.

Loadcentres should be supplied with 2 neutral links and an earth bar.

Loadcentre enclosure if metal must be earthed.