Any Shops Selling Reasonably Priced Motorcycle Clothing In Cm

nattydread

the main dealers seem to be charging an arm and a leg (no pun intended) for branded motorcycle clothing....... can anybody recommend a place thats sells reasonably priced thai made gear in Chiang Mai

i need to buy a jacket ..gloves and a rainsuit....................thanks

I haven't found one in Chiang Mai but if you happen to be in Mae Sai they opened one just across the border in Tachilek. They sell original and copy gear and the prices are good on both compared to Chiang Mai. They carry jackets, helmets, pants, gloves, rainsuits, boots and all kinds of accessories. If you're interested let me know and I will give the best directions I can.

I haven't found one in Chiang Mai but if you happen to be in Mae Sai they opened one just across the border in Tachilek. They sell original and copy gear and the prices are good on both compared to Chiang Mai. They carry jackets, helmets, pants, gloves, rainsuits, boots and all kinds of accessories. If you're interested let me know and I will give the best directions I can.

I have recently been to Tachilek but did not see the M/C shop. I would also be interested in directions .

I have recently been to Tachilek but did not see the M/C shop. I would also be interested in directions .

Walk into Myamar across the bridge

Turn right & go down the steps

At the bottom of the steps,

Turn right & walk towards the River

Turn left into the first lane

Its on the right hand side Jin Chen Fa

If you know where Scorpion Music CD shop is, then it is before Scorpion.

There's good photos & more info on GT Rider here

There's a lot of good gear, but usually only Asian sizes, so if your a bigger older grey haired fart like me, then you won't always find something in the right size.

You can get legit Alpinestars Mesh Jackets for 4,500 baht that sell for 9-10,000 baht in Bangkok & Chiang Mai.

You can also get crap copy ones for 1,500 baht.

Legit Alpinestars gloves for 1,500 baht, in the USA US$200+.

Some good boots too.

Take your time in the shop, they have a storeroom elsewhere & can fetch bring in other sizes.

But for me more often than not, nothing fits quite good enough.

Oh yeah in Chiang Mai try Piston Shop.

Fast Corner at Panthip also has quite a bit,but not cheap.

Edited by davidgtr

Just west of Mae Ping hotel, north side, is a shop with a large helmet selection out front. They carry Scoyco brand, made in China, jackets. Good selection under 3000THB. Very happy with mine. Also have a wide selection of gloves and leg protection. There is a catalog you can select from and they seem to have all in stock and have XL sizes.

Just west of Mae Ping hotel, north side, is a shop with a large helmet selection out front. They carry Scoyco brand, made in China, jackets. Good selection under 3000THB. Very happy with mine. Also have a wide selection of gloves and leg protection. There is a catalog you can select from and they seem to have all in stock and have XL sizes.

been down there today and purchased a nice light weight jacket and trousers with the protection in the elbows and knees etc....a pair of gloves and a cargo bungee net for luggage...........all for 4500 baht

just to clarify the directions if anybody wants to visit the shop..............drive past Panthip plaza (on your right) with the night bazzar on your left until u come to the lights...........turn right and the shop is approx 100 metres on the right hand side