Tourist Visa To Australia

OK, this may have been covered here before, but I have done a search (honest) and I cannot find the answers I need.

1. Quickly and simply, I want to obtain a tourist visa to Oz for my (Thai) fiancee.

2. She's been there with me before (last trip in December 2003).

3. We want to go within the next 3 weeks.

4. We know where to go in BKK to apply. (see this thread)

Questions:

1. Do you think she can obtain the visa by herself (if carrying a letter from me) or would it be better if I accompanied her?

2. Will she need as much support information (bank statements, invitation letters, photographs, proof of our relationship etc) as we needed the first time we applied?

3. Do you think it's possible that she can obtain a visa within 2 weeks or less?

4. Anything I haven't thought of already?

Pardon my ignorance but wouldn't it be better for you or her to call the Visa Centre in Thai CC rather than post it here. Why not just pop in there?

Every visa is a case to case basis and they "hold the reins" (so to speak).

Not sure what kind of visa your gf had the first time she visited Oz (I assume it is a tourist visa) but different visas (tourist and fiancee/spouse) has different regulations and requirements.

From what I know, new visa type, fresh documentation is required.

Have a look at this link

http://www.immi.gov.au/sponsor/partner.htm

Good luck though.

Edited by JoJo

It's a new ball game there from what I've heard and read. Take all that stuff you had before and more it wont hurt, you would think in theory, it would all be on record. Two weeks should be OK, they did same day tourist visa at the embassy from memory. Go with her it cant hurt.