Pot Luck

scorpio1945

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a wonderful pot luck picnic, As usual. laugh.png This could be near or exceed our largest crowd yet. I counted 33. I am running out of superlatives to describe the food. It was delicious and varied. Even had pate'. clap2.gif We had about 6 newcomers including an Austrian and two Belgians to add to our Swedes and Germans. The international flavor is appreciated. What could have been better? Lots of pictures on the other forum. For some reason I am unable to upload multiple pictures to this post.sad.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also I get the feeling that there is no one on here that uses this forum as they're primary means to find out about attending the Pot Luck. I am assuming they are on the email list or the other forum. Am I incorrect?

Heading for the US soon so maybe a moot point.

Also I get the feeling that there is no one on here that uses this forum as they're primary means to find out about attending the Pot Luck. I am assuming they are on the email list or the other forum. Am I incorrect?

That makes it sound like it is a closed insular group that is not interested in new people.sad.png

• 2 weeks later...

I will happily place ANYONE on the email list now or in the future.

While I think about being on another email list (since I don't yet live in Thailand) I will visit CR forum more often to get nformed about your potlucks. I love to cook for friends and enjoy potluck events. I plan to get to CR around July 2013. Hope to attend a potluck.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was actually our potluck, started here by Scorpio1945, but they sort of highjacked it. Members of this forum are no longer welcome unless they switch allegiances, apparently.coffee1.gif

Absolutely not true. Everybody is welcome. It is just that I can not remember the last time anyone on this site has attended. I guess it is not their thing , which I have no problem with. There appears to be no audience.

That was actually our potluck, started here by Scorpio1945, but they sort of highjacked it. Members of this forum are no longer welcome unless they switch allegiances, apparently.coffee1.gif

Absolutely not true. Everybody is welcome. It is just that I can not remember the last time anyone on this site has attended. I guess it is not their thing , which I have no problem with. There appears to be no audience.

I am not sure Mr. M. would agree with you and I have been told that I am not welcome.

I am not sure Mr. M. would agree with you and I have been told that I am not welcome.
You are welcome as well as anyone else. Period.

You are welcome as well as anyone else. Period.

Perhaps by you but not by others but you are welcome to believe what you want.smile.png

I for one would go but unfortunately after an episode where because of the smoke I had to get someone to drive me home from the other side of town as I was unable to drive I have been limited in getting out. I had hoped to go to the ones in town where it would have been more possible to get someone to drive me home if possible but other factors came in,

Posts by some on this forum after the events were not exactly aimed at cementing friendships between all in CR unfortunately and I would understand some would consider they are not welcome as that is the message often sent.

I realise that much of this was when you were away scorpio1945 and I know you are genuine in this. But I think many do not really like conflict even if it only involves a few members.

• Like 1

I for one would go but unfortunately after an episode where because of the smoke I had to get someone to drive me home from the other side of town as I was unable to drive I have been limited in getting out. I had hoped to go to the ones in town where it would have been more possible to get someone to drive me home if possible but other factors came in,

Posts by some on this forum after the events were not exactly aimed at cementing friendships between all in CR unfortunately and I would understand some would consider they are not welcome as that is the message often sent.

I realise that much of this was when you were away scorpio1945 and I know you are genuine in this. But I think many do not really like conflict even if it only involves a few members.

Come to think of it, you are probably right Harrry. Scorpio could very well have been out of town for much of the unpleasantness. Lucky for him, I guess, and thanks for not leaving me hanging on this one.wai.gif