Problems With Watching Youtube

mrmillersr

I'm on the 3BB Premier plan at 1167 baht a month. My internet connection has been pretty good lately, getting anywhere from 2500kbps/3000kbps downloads and 500/750kbps updloads.

However, the past several days, regardless of the time, I am getting a lousy connection to youtube.com. Programs start up and stop - no stable connection.

Is anyone else having the same problem or is this some quirkly thing I have going on with my computer?

Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

Really annoying me down here in Pattaya also. Upgraded flash player but I cant play any content either in Firefox or Explorer without it sticking (everything completely out of sinc) and then I cant even close youtube for about 2-5mins or do anything with my computer as it causes it to crash. Haven't a clue what is wrong with it - could it be a virus? This is only a problem with youtube and nothing else as far as I can see.

Let Youtube first upload before watching (play > pause...... play) or download* them easy to your desktop.

* free yt downloader

Thanks for the downloader that works fine but youtube is still causing my computer to lock up big time.

How is your daily system maintenance and programs you have for this ?

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Let Youtube first upload before watching (play > pause...... play) or download* them easy to your desktop.

* free yt downloader

Thanks for the downloader that works fine but youtube is still causing my computer to lock up big time.

When I booted up my computer yesterday it didn't feel like it was working too good. I did a disk defrag last night which took all night which didn't seem to help much. Pretty much every site with video content causes it to lock up now. This computer I use for the internet only and it still runs XP SP2 and Avast free. It is a fairly old Acer Aspire and has been fine until the past couple of days. I do run scans regularly with the Avast free, but maybe this isn't good enough. I also run 'tune up utilities' every week.

Maybe it's time to buy a new machine!!

* free yt downloader

When I booted up my computer yesterday it didn't feel like it was working too good. I did a disk defrag last night which took all night which didn't seem to help much. Pretty much every site with video content causes it to lock up now. This computer I use for the internet only and it still runs XP SP2 and Avast free. It is a fairly old Acer Aspire and has been fine until the past couple of days. I do run scans regularly with the Avast free, but maybe this isn't good enough. I also run 'tune up utilities' every week.

Maybe it's time to buy a new machine!!

Hi,

I suggest get IObit Toolbox an all in one pc maintanance utility for the daily cleaning job, very recommendable, get also their Smart Defrag and run this every day too, best after cleaning. You also need (e.g.) IObit Advanced SystemCare PRO (get it free only here) for the daily cache wiping, together with CCleaner

Get used to run all this programs on a daily base you will get a much faster system.

How many free GB's does your C-drive have left ? When less then 10 it gets in the alarming phase and your system will get stuck soon, a disk partitioning is the solution for this, cost only few minutes, very simpel tool.

Ofcourse besides an antivirus you need an anti malware program too, beside viruses also malware tries to enter the system.

After all this, I would say start with a complete disc cleaning job that wipes (only) the remains of all previously deleted stuff and gives you back a whole lot of space (=speed) just for the first time best with this tool.

Last but not least, I suggest uninstall Adobe Reader and replace it by Foxit Reader Adobe Reader consumes a lot of CPU resources and blocks the system while opening a PDF. Foxit does not and it's way faster. Be not suprised if after uninstalling Adobe Reader you discover you got back 5-10 gigabytes on your harddisk !

The whole daily cleaning run takes less then 10 minutes and it's really worth, you get back control over your system.

All tools mentioned here are 100% free/ legal/ no trials, all tools are tested by myself and are very good and safe.

To uninstall a program do it with an uninstaller, that also scans for leftovers and deletes them.

For help using them you can always pm me 24/7

(I didn't say I will answer 24/7 :lol: )

My experience is, there is a lot to complain about the internet in LO(D)S... (my CAT CDMA sticky curently gives me 230KB in stead of the promised 3MB) but in far most cases (local expats call me to improve their pc performance) a poor maintained PC is 80% of the 'ploplem'. And I don't even service those greedy guys who have counterfeit windows and antivirus, it's a mission impossible and suggest them to spend few bucks on legal stuff that can be updated normally.

I have not been able to use Skype or watch You Tube since I arrived in October 2007.

Why ? Or you using GPRS internet that doesn't allow both, or you've got an old dial up connection, or your PC is a Commodore 64 or you don't have a PC at all ?

Sounds like a world of happiness is waiting you when it all get's to work :lol:

More details might help getting an answer :jap:

I have not been able to use Skype or watch You Tube since I arrived in October 2007.

Why ? Or you using GPRS internet that doesn't allow both, or you've got an old dial up connection, or your PC is a Commodore 64 or you don't have a PC at all ?

Thanks for all the advice - I will get to it. One thing you did pick up on was that my C drive was down to 6 gig !!

To the OP:

I would go with another provider if you have a choice. Those rates for that kind of speed seems a bit steep. Unless you're talking kilobytes and not kilobits.

I've had True Premier 4Mb/1Mb for almost 6 months and I have only marginal problems with Youtube. Torrents seem to be able to max the connection.

Have you tried resetting your browser or manually deleting cookies/cache/history/offline data?

Another thing is, it can depend on what videos you watch. Media providers tend to push the more popular content to faster servers. Marginally popular videos may take more time to load.

Compared to say Singapore, my experience here in Thailand has been good. In Singapore everything seemed to grind to a halt at nighttime and even my company leased line had problems with load speeds on Youtube. I thought Singapore was the uber-cyber city on the planet. Not.

Edited by schmutzie

Thanks for all the advice - I will get to it. One thing you did pick up on was that my C drive was down to 6 gig !!

6 GB ? :o:blink::lol: Holy Moses !!!!!

Well, it's time to download the Disk Partitioner I suggested you, just run it once then uninstall it again, no use to keep it.

It looks harder then it is, when opening the UI just use the horizontal sliders on top, click on the drive next to the C-drive, that blocks most unused space. After you see a blue outline slide it smaller, do the same with the C-drive, make it bigger by sliding it against the first one. Click 'Apply' and you can go make a cup of coffee. In the meanwhile the system will shut down, start up again and implement the changes.

After you finished your coffee, the disk partitioning job will be done and your PC will experience a big relief ! :jap:

My computers are state of the art. I'm on what was called Maxnet Indy? Premiere? (631 Baht/month ADSL). TT&T line. Now it has been changed to 3BB. A few months back I upgraded to the more expensive Maxnet package - about 1000 THB per month and still could not watch You Tube or use Skype. In fact the connection was slower. We've had the technicians here 2 or 3 times but they are worthless. The connection is just too slow for Skype to connect or for You Tube to make it more than 15 seconds before stalling. The first 8 months I was here I stayed at the Huay Kaew Residence. Anyone who has ever stayed there knows that the Internet connection there is the worst in the city.

CAT is not available where I live.

My computers are state of the art. I'm on what was called Maxnet Indy? Premiere? (631 Baht/month ADSL). TT&T line. Now it has been changed to 3BB. A few months back I upgraded to the more expensive Maxnet package - about 1000 THB per month and still could not watch You Tube or use Skype. In fact the connection was slower. We've had the technicians here 2 or 3 times but they are worthless. The connection is just too slow for Skype to connect or for You Tube to make it more than 15 seconds before stalling. The first 8 months I was here I stayed at the Huay Kaew Residence. Anyone who has ever stayed there knows that the Internet connection there is the worst in the city.

CAT is not available where I live.

No Youtube and no Skype and still paying your bills ?????