Scottish Girl, 15, Dies In Crash

george

Scottish girl, 15, dies in crash

PATONG: -- A 15-year-old Scottish schoolgirl, Alexandra Stark, died early yesterday morning when the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion was hit by another bike.

Pol Maj Sophol Borrirak, of Kathu Police Station, said that the accident happened at about 2 am at Tanut Corner on Nanai Rd. Miss Stark was riding behind the family babysitter, Tientong Kanson, when they were hit by another motorcycle driven by Peerapong Sasitornvetchakul, 20.

A family friend told the Gazette that the two girls had gone out to buy noodle soup and were returning to Miss Stark’s home when the accident took place.

Neither Peerapong nor K. Tientong were badly hurt but Miss Stark died after falling onto the road. Peerapong was charged with reckless driving causing death.

Maj Sophol said that tests showed Peerapong was drunk, with a blood-alcohol concentration of 263mg/100ml.

“Peerapong has admitted that he was drunk whil e driving,” Maj Sophol added. “He has been released on bail of 200,000 baht. We expect to complete our investigation within a month, at which time the case will go to court.”

Brought to you by:

-- Phuket Gazette 2005-07-14

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tragedy. Young kids + alcohol = disaster. It was only last week that another drunk teen broke through a police barrier and ended up near the Queens entrouge. Same thing, "I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing." The excuses continue to be very lame. When will people begin to take an iota of responsibilty for their damning and deadly behaviors?

Scottish girl, 15, dies in crash

PATONG: -- A 15-year-old Scottish schoolgirl, Alexandra Stark, died early yesterday morning when the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion was hit by another bike.

Pol Maj Sophol Borrirak, of Kathu Police Station, said that the accident happened at about 2 am at Tanut Corner on Nanai Rd. Miss Stark was riding behind the family babysitter, Tientong Kanson, when they were hit by another motorcycle driven by Peerapong Sasitornvetchakul, 20.

A family friend told the Gazette that the two girls had gone out to buy noodle soup and were returning to Miss Stark’s home when the accident took place.

Neither Peerapong nor K. Tientong were badly hurt but Miss Stark died after falling onto the road. Peerapong was charged with reckless driving causing death.

Maj Sophol said that tests showed Peerapong was drunk, with a blood-alcohol concentration of 263mg/100ml.

“Peerapong has admitted that he was drunk whil e driving,” Maj Sophol added. “He has been released on bail of 200,000 baht. We expect to complete our investigation within a month, at which time the case will go to court.”

Brought to you by:

-- Phuket Gazette 2005-07-14

(Pattaya Fox Post 2005-07-14 19:34:57)

Suspected Drunken Frenchman Blamed for late night road crash in Soi Neun Pleub Wan.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Tawatshai from Banglamung Police Station was called to Soi Neun Pleub Wan in front of the Nooronyageen Mosque late on Wednesday night to investigate a road accident involving two Honda City cars. The driver of one of the cars was Khun Boodsabar aged 34 who sustained neck and back injuries and was transported to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for treatment. The other car was driven by Mr. Tibor Farkas from France who police suspect was intoxicated and was placed under arrest. A financial settlement between both drivers is expected to follow which will conclude this case. Police decided not to press any criminal charges against the Frenchman.

Pattaya City News

Thursday 14th July 2005.

Sad loss of a young life but money talks.

Keep seeing TIT but makes me think,

Rich get richer, poor get screwed.

Ivan

What a tragedy. Young kids + alcohol = disaster.

Not only young Kids.

Alcohol is a very dangerous drug, if you manufactured a pill that had the same potency as Alcohol, it would be a Class 1 drug, and you would get the death sentence for making it.

These accidents involving Alcohol are a daily occurence in nearly every country in the world.

70% of road deaths in USA have Alcohol in the equation somewhere, considering there are 42,000 road Deaths in USA per year, that makes Alcohol a huge problem.

Did I miss something?

:D:D:o:D

The Girl is Dead, Police have the alcohal level tests...

Ol Peerapong admits he was drunk, and get's a bail for 200K???

This must be an insult for Stark's family. If it were my couzin, sister, or kin, I'd be hurtin to have ol' Peerapong by the balls since such a system obviously isn't working--- in a country where the number one cause of death is road accidents, majority motorcycles/alcohal.

What investigation is needed? A month? Court? Another waiste of tax/police bahts if you ask me.

Only in LOS. It's not likely that Peerapong will even be around to see the investigation close up at the end of a month. Who knows though, maybe there's remorse, like the Kanchaburi police officer who turned himself in eventually.

Edited by greenwanderer108

I bet she was not wearing a helmet??

200K is a lot of bail for a Thai.

He was lucky to find someone to post it!

Given his last name and that he was only 20 I might guess that 200k is not all that much money in Pattaya. Nothing will happen to this lad.

But what kind of "babysitter" goes out at 2:00AM with a 15 year old girl riding on the back of a motocycle in Thailand when everyone knows that is the time when the drunks are leaving the bars intoxicated?

hi

yes your probably right - no helmet - what a shame!

this is sadly evolution - we have all been through this sort of thing at some stage - or will if you are still very young

its alright preaching with hindsight.....

the point is that most peope have some sort of lucky escape and some others are not so lucky, but this sort of things happens everywhere....

there is no fix

amarka :o

" A financial settlement between both drivers is expected to follow which will conclude this case. Police decided not to press any criminal charges against the Frenchman"

Me thinks the other driver was'nt the only one the French man had a "financial settlement" with.

Ah well, another happy mia noi.

Given his last name and that he was only 20 I might guess that 200k is not all that much money in Pattaya. Nothing will happen to this lad.

But what kind of "babysitter" goes out at 2:00AM with a 15 year old girl riding on the back of a motocycle in Thailand when everyone knows that is the time when the drunks are leaving the bars intoxicated?

Given his last name?

As for what kind of babysitter... the kind that goes out when the boss (the 15 year old girl in this case) tells her to.

:o

What a tragedy. Young kids + alcohol = disaster.

Not only young Kids.

Alcohol is a very dangerous drug, if you manufactured a pill that had the same potency as Alcohol, it would be a Class 1 drug, and you would get the death sentence for making it.

These accidents involving Alcohol are a daily occurence in nearly every country in the world.

70% of road deaths in USA have Alcohol in the equation somewhere, considering there are 42,000 road Deaths in USA per year, that makes Alcohol a huge problem.

To blame a product (alcohol) for a death is a questionable argument. If, it were the fault, by extension, one would have to blame other products as well. For instance, it has been suggested that cell phones impair a driver equivalent to drunken driving in the US.

Motor vehicles have been known to be involved in 100% of traffic accidents. Tires are also known to be present .

Every person I know that has owned and driven a motorcycle, has injured him or herself.

I have seen so many scooter scars in Thailand, that I think it is a rite of passage.

Cheese is full of fat and calories, leads to obesity and the associated complications, and finally death. Sorry, off topic.

My tirade leads to the conclusion. The blame should be placed on personal responsibility. Bad choices should be made accountable.

otis

Given his last name and that he was only 20 I might guess that 200k is not all that much money in Pattaya.  Nothing will happen to this lad.

Sasitornvetchakul....what is the meaning of your statement above? He came from an influential family?

Edited by razino

i misread the 2am for 2pm. Maybe there is more to be investigated...

Most people only go out for noodles that late after a night of drinking/clubbing.

Perhaps they left some other crucial facts out of the report for the fact of her nationality/age---to be included in this investigation...such as the alcohal levels of the babysitter and this 15 year old girl.

Or maybe my original post is more on target :o

Its no secret readers !!!!!!! Here in Thailand over 80% of the Population are ALCOHOLICS. They wake up drunk, are drunk during the daytime and go home drunk after work then they hit the bars and go home even drunker.

Just the other day I was just walking out of a grocery store and watched a biker go whizzing right by me into a ditch and hitting the tree. Didn't want to know what happenned to that driver, but I guess he either got killed or ended up with a group of broken bones for sure.

Has any of you ever seen a person go splat right smack into a tree around 80 kilometers or more an hour?? The sound is like a thud of bones hitting that tree. A definite weird sound for sure.

As to that girl, pity. Most pillon riders do not wear helmets. So when her head hits that concrete, guarantee its lights out.

Amazing. Then they wonder why so many get killed here????? The factories here are churning out that alcohol like its no tomorrow.

As of 200,000 baht, that is around 5,100 usa dollars or 10 percent of total amount of Bail.. In comparing this to America the Bail would be around 50,000 USA. However had this happened in America, that drivers bail would have been like 500,000 or more in USA or 10 percent would be 50,000 usa or more to bail out.

USA does not tolerate Drunk Drivers at all especially the court system. Just to let you know.

Daveyo

Edited by DaveYo

Did I miss something? ...

What investigation is needed? A month? Court? Another waiste of tax/police bahts if you ask me.

Exactly... Sounds like an open and shut case... <deleted> else are they going to investigate? Only in LOS is right... and do you think they'll be able to find this guy in a month after their "investigation" is over... I seriously doubt it!

Its no secret readers !!!!!!!    Here in Thailand over 80% of the Population are ALCOHOLICS.  They wake up drunk, are drunk during the daytime and go home drunk after work then they hit the bars and go home even drunker.

Dave, you should stop hanging round with English teachers in Thailand, they are distorting your views. :o

Looking at the number of people reading this at the moment TV should rename itself Thai Vultures.

Hi Meom - I know what you mean, but think about it for a minute - you and I are readers too - we have all knowingly clicked the link to this sad story....

My heartfelt condolences to the poor lass' family and friends - no matter what the circumstances, and this is certainly a tragic, but all too common occurrence, the loss of a promising and unfulfilled life seems so much worse than even the death of an adult - but in reality, one cannot say one is worse than another - accidents on the roads in the Kingdom are far too frequent - and so often, the innocent suffer.

May she rest in peace, with her God.

Did I miss something? ...

Exactly... Sounds like an open and shut case... <deleted> else are they going to investigate? Only in LOS is right... and do you think they'll be able to find this guy in a month after their "investigation" is over... I seriously doubt it!

Absolutely - hang the Ba**ard - why waste money on having the police investigate? In fact what's the point in having the police or courts at all - an eye for an eye - no worries...

.......off we go marching straight into the arms of the dark ages....

Please think about the alternatives and how they would be imposed - we complain so loudly about things that don't seem right in this adopted home of ours, but a situation like this can leave some of us behaving in an even worse way than the ones we dissaprove of so vocally under different circumstances...

In any other country the police and the courts would do exactly the same thing as is happening in this case - and that is how it has to be.

A 200,000 baht fine is a very substantial one and appropriate for this country - and there is absolutely nothing to be gained from comparing it to fines for similar offences overseas - what's the point?

Has no-one ever "jumped bail" in the US/UK/Australia etc? Yes, of course, but they still insist on a bail system - and mostly it works, but now and then they lose someone too - the jails are not up to the task, so there is no real choice.

It doesn't make it right, but it is the system within which we all live... :o

Its F***t up and not safe on the roads at all. You guys should see Pattaya theese days , Its a Mayhem out there youngsters racing eatchoter , drunk pattrons , and its getting worse every day . Its realy insane . Taxi drivers f***t up on weed and booze. Sukhumvit kills 3 - 5 a day down here. News papaers soo tierd of posting road related accidents so they dont post them at all . The whole road Mayhem have become a part of the day and nobody acctuarly cares enymore. Im seeing smiles driving by when i stop at an accident to look/help . People are just laughing at it.. Its crazy . Still safer in a car than a motorbike but dont be a champ on the roads in the weekdays that will kill you.

I do belive its only 1 out of a 1000 who have a driving license and at the same time i do belive the driving schools down here are working whit wery low inteligence :o

Upcountry its a bit crazy too, I see thais that leave a bar stumbling talking to themselves drunk and jump in a car/truck/motocy with police watching them laughing like its a big joke. There are less people and traffic but i'd say 50% are over the limit at night.

I pulled up on a traffic jam and found an accident - motocy vs cement truck, the cement truck won. It was sick, the thai teenagers mid section was flattened by the trucks tires. I mean crushed down to about 3" thick -pancake. The guy was still alive for a few minutes screaming. I was actually relieved when he finally died.

My wife overheard he was drunk/speeding around showing off.

Out of all the problems I see, from minor things to fights, accidents etc - 90% are caused by alcohol.

Has any of you ever seen a person go splat right smack into a tree around 80 kilometers or more an hour??   The sound is like a thud of bones hitting that tree. 

What sound would you expect when a human frame hits a tree at 80 Kph ? :D

Were you mates with Marc Bolan

Sorry Bilko this flippant remark was mean`t for Davio, :o