Help! Questionaire

Hi there, I'm currently studying in college and I really need some help! could you guys please fill in this questionaire for me

Which Petrol Station do younormally go to?

In a scale of 0 to 3 (3 being themost significant) how much does the change in fuel prices affect the amount offuel you purchase?

0 1 2 3

In a scale of 0 to 3 how much doesthe change in fuel prices affect when you purchase fuel?

0 1 2 3

Does the information about fuelprices on the news affect your purchasing? If so why/why not?

Does the cleanness of the toilets affect which petrol station you go to?

Y/N

Do the promotions affect whichpetrol station you go to?

Y/N

If yes which ones do you prefer?

Does the service of staff affectwhich petrol station you go to?

Y/N

Does the availability of otherservices affect which petrol station you go to? (I.e. Stores and Coffee shops)

Y/N

If yes which services areimportant?

Are there any other reasons whyyou would choose a petrol station over the others?

When purchasing petrol how oftendo you go to the same place?

Every time/Mostly/Sometimes/Hardly

How loyal do you think you are toyour preferred company?

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!\

p.s. Does anyone know anything about the market structure and other stuff of thailand?

Hi there, I'm currently studying in college and I really need some help! could you guys please fill in this questionaire for me

Sure thing, however I have to say it's really difficult to answer your questions given the Y/N limitations, as I have multiple vehicles and make different decisions for them all..

For my diesel powered vehicles:

Shell

In a scale of 0 to 3 (3 being themost significant) how much does the change in fuel prices affect the amount offuel you purchase?

In a scale of 0 to 3 how much doesthe change in fuel prices affect when you purchase fuel?

Does the information about fuelprices on the news affect your purchasing? If so why/why not?

NO. I use Shell V-Power Diesel exclusively in my diesel engined vehicles.

NO - unless there's a bunch of V-Power stations together (never is)

NO

N/A

NO

Does the availability of otherservices affect which petrol station you go to? (I.e. Stores and Coffee shops)

NO

N/A

Are there any other reasons whyyou would choose a petrol station over the others?

YES, Euro IV diesel availability (only V-Power ATM)

Sometimes.

100%

Now for my petrol/gasohol cars..

PTT, Shell or Caltex.

No. I buy when I need it - it's not something I need to hedge my bets against to keep my bottom-line strong ;)

YES

YES

Free stuff at the POS. I'm not all all interested in loyalty-style promotions.

Does the service of staff affect which petrol station you go to?

YES.

Does the availability of other services affect which petrol station you go to? (I.e. Stores and Coffee shops)

YES.

If yes which services are important?

7/11

Yes, they have a mini-mart that sells Mexican chicken pies, chili bologna, and/or Red Bull Extra (no, I'm not kidding)

When purchasing petrol how often do you go to the same place?

Sometimes.

0% for gas. 100% for 7/11 :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

of resent Shell

0.. The Shell V-Power is 5baht more expensive

No

No

No

Prefer Jiffy for drinks etc

No

No

YES, found the my Audi A6 runs a lots better on Shell V-Power 95

Sometimes

Car now runs a lot better on Shell V-Power 95 over my normal PTT 95 Gasohol, so will use

Edit

For the Pickup any station that sells B5 + Has a Jiffy Store + often use the same places because of the clean toilets all over Thailand

Edited by ignis

• 2 months later...

one that sells my brand, E20

0 1 2 3

0 1 2 3

NO, I need petrol, so have to pay whatever it costs

Y/N I go for petrol, not a dump, so I do not care

Y/N NO

Y/N NO

Y/N On long trips, I like to fill up at ones which have a 7-Eleven so it is a one stop

If yes which services areimportant? Good Farang food/drink

NO

The one close to my house or work normally, not for a reason excpet they are closer

Every time/Mostly/Sometimes/Hardly

NOT loyal, why should I be, i just need petrol.

For my non-diesel car

WhichPetrol Station do you normally go to?

Ican't remember. Whatever is closest when I am under 1/4 of a tank of gas

Ina scale of 0 to 3 (3 being the most significant) how much does the change infuel prices affect the amount of fuel you purchase? 0 1 2 3 I always fill upcompletely Ina scale of 0 to 3 how much does the change in fuel prices affect when youpurchase fuel? 0 1 2 3 My company pays, so I don'tcare. Doesthe information about fuel prices on the news affect your purchasing? If sowhy/why not?

Notat all. I will consume the same amount of gas regardless of when I put it inthe car. Doesthe cleanness of the toilets affect which petrol station you go to? Y/NNo,because using the toilet is an afterthought. I only use it if I am alreadyfilling up. Dothe promotions affect which petrol station you go to? Y/NNo,I usually only purchase gas and maybe a Coke. Ifyes which ones do you prefer? Doesthe service of staff affect which petrol station you go to? Y/NNo,I have found all to be amazingly consistent. Doesthe availability of other services affect which petrol station you go to? (I.e.Stores and Coffee shops) Y/NYes,I am more likely to stop where there are more conveniences in case I have anurge to consume something sweet or am hungry. Ifyes which services are important?

Food Arethere any other reasons why you would choose a petrol station over the others?

No,other than convenience. I will NOT turn around for a station. It must be on myway with minimal amount of hassle to exit and re-enter the road I wastraveling. Whenpurchasing petrol how often do you go to the same place?

Mostof the time, because I tend to travel the same routes, so I stop where I knowthere is a station that is convenient to reach. Everytime/Mostly/Sometimes/Hardly Howloyal do you think you are to your preferred company?

Not as loyal to the company as to theconvenience.

For my motorcycle (NOT a small motorbike)

WhichPetrol Station do you normally go to?

Caltex.

Ina scale of 0 to 3 (3 being the most significant) how much does the change infuel prices affect the amount of fuel you purchase? 0 1 2 3 I always fill upcompletely Ina scale of 0 to 3 how much does the change in fuel prices affect when youpurchase fuel? 0 1 2 3 None at all. Doesthe information about fuel prices on the news affect your purchasing? If sowhy/why not?

Notat all. I will consume the same amount of gas regardless of when I put it inthe car. Doesthe cleanness of the toilets affect which petrol station you go to? Y/NNo,because using the toilet is an afterthought. I only use it if I am alreadyfilling up. Dothe promotions affect which petrol station you go to? Y/NNo,I usually only purchase gas and maybe a Coke. Ifyes which ones do you prefer? Doesthe service of staff affect which petrol station you go to? Y/NNo,I have found all to be amazingly consistent and all around good. Doesthe availability of other services affect which petrol station you go to? (I.e.Stores and Coffee shops) Y/NYes,I am more likely to stop where there are more conveniences in case I have anurge to consume something sweet or am hungry. Ifyes which services are important?

Coke Arethere any other reasons why you would choose a petrol station over the others?

Absoluteyl,the most important - I can ONLY run Benzene91 or 95 in my motorcycle. This is the most important factor on whether I use acertain station or not. If it only carriers gasohol, then I will never gothere. Also, I will NOT turn around for a station. It must be on my way withminimal amount of hassle to exit and re-enter the road I was traveling. Whenpurchasing petrol how often do you go to the same place?

Always,because I tend to travel the same routes, so I stop where I know there is astation that is convenient to reach and carries the fuel that I require. Everytime/Mostly/Sometimes/Hardly Howloyal do you think you are to your preferred company?

Not as loyal to the company as to the availabilityof Benzene.

Edited by floridaguy

my company offers the PTT too. anyway PTT stations r the only ones with the 7/11 and Jiffy.

personal I prefer the v power diesel @ shell.

Toilets

1. PTT - JET

2. Shell

3. PTT - 7/11

most of the others suck at cleaning.

Service

1. Shell

2. PTT - JET

3. PTT - 7/11

4. Caltex

5. Petronas

the rest ain't worth mentioning.

Which Petrol Station do younormally go to? Ans. PPT

In a scale of 0 to 3 (3 being themost significant) how much does the change in fuel prices affect the amount of fuel you purchase? Ans. 0

In a scale of 0 to 3 how much doesthe change in fuel prices affect when you purchase fuel? Ans. 0

Does the information about fuelprices on the news affect your purchasing? If so why / why not? Ans. No ! and, need fuel when I need it what ever the cost.

Does the cleanness of the toilets affect which petrol station you go to? Ans. Yes, To my wife it does locally, but on tour around Thailand luck dip time.

Do the promotions affect which petrol station you go to? Ans. No.

If yes which ones do you prefer? Ans None, don't take any notice of them.

Does the service of staff affect which petrol station you go to? Ans. No.

Does the availability of other services affect which petrol station you go to? (I.e. Stores and Coffee shops) Ans. Yes, only PPT stations with 7 -11.

If yes which services are important? Ans. as previous question.

Are there any other reasons why you would choose a petrol station over the others? Ans. Yes, l like PPT. but use others if needed.

When purchasing petrol how often do you go to the same place? Ans. The Local PPT all the time.

Every time / Mostly / Sometimes / Hardly. Ans. everytime unless travelling.

How loyal do you think you are to your preferred company? Ans. Loyality has nothing to do with it, PPT around here are just cleaner and newer than most.

p.s. Does anyone know anything about the market structure and other stuff of thailand? Ans. That's a 64,000 dollar question, my Ans.No.