What'S Hot (And Not) About Windows Phone 7

Tywais

After more than a month of living with Windows Phone 7, I have to say, Microsoft's new phone operating system is starting to grow on me.

Although I liked the general look of the operating system, I suspected its simplicity was only skin deep and that over time I would uncover both annoying glitches and places where the phone was all too much like a little computer.

Instead, there are hidden delights. In the past week I've found the cursor, voice recognition, and other things that I missed in my first days playing with the phone. Here are just a few examples of features that I only recently noticed: if you are in an e-mail or other place where one might want a cursor, hold a finger down in one place and a cursor pops up that you can then drag to the place you want to go. Click to the left of an e-mail and it brings up the check boxes that can be used to delete multiple e-mails--one of the most common tasks people do on their phones.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20015093-56.html?tag=rtcol;pop#ixzz0yQvQlIuE