Uob Bank

toenail

UOB, which is a well established bank from Singapore, closes their main offices at 3:30 in Thailand; thus if one needs to see them in person about a banking issue, the bank is not available after work.. and on weekends, the main offices are not open either. How do working people do their banking? Next, with their "cyber banking" the website closes at 3:30 also; thus, I cannot do any money tranfers or check my banking business after working hours. So, are all banks like this in Thailand? (customer unfriendly) Which Thai banks have their internet banking available 24 hours a day, and main offices open until late evening?

>Which Thai banks have their internet banking available 24 hours a day, and main offices open until late evening?

---

SCB as starter... dont know abt the office hrs...

Bangkok Bank as well.

Interbank transfers are only available before 9 PM, transfers initiated after that will be done day after.

Transfers between Bkk Bank accounts available 24/7.

I think just about any other bank would provide better service hours. Kasikorn Bank branches and sub-branches are often open to 7 or 8 pm 7 days a week (except govt. holidays). There internet banking facility is available 24/7...but don't know about account transfers specifically.

UOB are the worst bank in Thailand, by a mile. I was recently forced to open an account there as my employer changed to them, and wanted to save money on interbank transfers.

Totally inconvenient, only 1 ATM in my town (everyone else has about 6-10) so I am constantly paying ATM usage fees, and every request messed up; applied for debit card to replace their stupid ATM card - get credit card; apply again for debit card, nothing heard after 2 weeks so get my secretary to chase it - they say they not have copy passport. I say I took my passport with me and they copied it - "no have". OK take them a copy now please - umm they have thrown away the application because it was incomplete - aaaarrrgghh.

Finally managed to get a monthly transfer set up to SCB, so now I only pay 1 transaction fee a month and don't have to deal with those retards any more.

Used SCB for 5 years, never a problem - recommended.

UOB are the worst bank in Thailand, by a mile. I was recently forced to open an account there as my employer changed to them, and wanted to save money on interbank transfers.

Totally inconvenient, only 1 ATM in my town (everyone else has about 6-10) so I am constantly paying ATM usage fees, and every request messed up; applied for debit card to replace their stupid ATM card - get credit card; apply again for debit card, nothing heard after 2 weeks so get my secretary to chase it - they say they not have copy passport. I say I took my passport with me and they copied it - "no have". OK take them a copy now please - umm they have thrown away the application because it was incomplete - aaaarrrgghh.

Finally managed to get a monthly transfer set up to SCB, so now I only pay 1 transaction fee a month and don't have to deal with those retards any more.

Used SCB for 5 years, never a problem - recommended.

I used to live in the same town as you. The SCB branch is outstandingly good and indeed, the UOB branch is a dismay, even for UOB standards which take the cake for inefficiency with no one I could think of as a close follow-up.

Consider yourself lucky that you can have internet banking with UOB noawadays, not that long time ago it allowed transfers only to your OWN accounts at UOB...so you could shuffle money back and forth between two saving accounts you may have at the same branch. God knows who would need that!!

I still have a UOB credit card and forced to keep it because getting a credit card in Thailand as a foreigner is not that easy and I refuse to pay up the equivalent of the credit limit as an interest free donation to the bank. All my other accounts with UOB I have closed.

Happy camper with Bangkok Bank now. Having said that, the branch opposite your office is permanently overcrowded and expect long waiting hours. But hey, their internet banking is top notch and I hardly ever visit their branches.