Thai Navy Admirals Bow To China While Keeping Defence Minister At Bay: Academic

webfact

25 minutes ago, OneZero said:

Can't the civilian leadership of this country now put a funding halt to such nonsense? 

Mmmmm, good question.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Why 'low quality' engine? isn't it a copy of a successful German engine? The engineering process to produce it won't be much different from the Germans.

No, they are not able to copy the German technology. So, it's a very big difference. Thailand got low quality technique, which will be maintained by Chinese.

Alternatively Thailand could have bought a sub directly from Germany. I suppose a bit "Peng", and no brown envelopes allowed😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

No, they are not able to copy the German technology. So, it's a very big difference. Thailand got low quality technique, which will be maintained by Chinese.

Alternatively Thailand could have bought a sub directly from Germany. I suppose a bit "Peng", and no brown envelopes allowed😂

It is a copy of the German engine made under License. 

They were not allowed to buy from Germany Because it's against EU rules to sell to China for military purposes. 

I wouldn't trust a Chinese copy though, there are many other components, apart from just the Engine, like Oil, filters and the complete fuel system that should be to Marine standards, and who is making the Generator/batteries and all the other electronics. ( I have seen 'fake' oil in Chinese engines it doesn't even float in water it looked more like tar).

download(17).jpg.dcaf50aef9e7c3a0040e2f09b704ed61.jpg

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Why 'low quality' engine? isn't it a copy of a successful German engine? The engineering process to produce it won't be much different from the Germans.

You think! Plus a few additional tracking chips. 

Posted (edited)

I still don't understand how, when the Chinese couldn't fulfill the contract with the specified German engine, why that alone didn't nullify the agreement. I understand that the skim was lost already, but it had to be a hell of a lot to not be able to retrieve whatever deposit was paid (I think I read 7+ billion THB) and cover their tracks on the skim.

Edited by Peabody
  • Agree 1

Low quality engines, what else on board is low quality,  hope Thai Admirals know that subsea is a continuous enemy.......an entombed crew in no time....... 

• Thumbs Up 1