Thai Boy Rescued After Father’s Abuse Over Religion Choice

webfact

Not all Muslims are like this, My wife was married to a Muslim until he passed away, he was very good to the whole family and a hard worker, she is the Only Thai lady I have ever known who actually Loved her Husband, she is now Buddhist and Sometimes wears a Cross round her neck, all points covered.   ... :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The grandmother, concerned for the child's well-being and freedom of choice, wanted him to return to a secular school where he could choose his own faith.

Choosing your own faith in a Thai school ? where Buddhism is part of their 'Education'. You would already have a religion when starting school, Why is the boy not with his Mother ? 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Strong boy, the refused his fathers deluded religion, that only offers fake though guys with ugly beards and violence on the menu.

I've found all religions to be deluded to some degree. Some exposure to main stream religions will allow one to follow. or not.

• Agree 1

That conversion might represent a backwards movement of the soul. The father likely has never experienced one inner moment in his life. Pure ritual and rule, rules, rules. He is a smart kid. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Not all Muslims are like this, My wife was married to a Muslim until he passed away, he was very good to the whole family and a hard worker, she is the Only Thai lady I have ever known who actually Loved her Husband, she is now Buddhist and Sometimes wears a Cross round her neck, all points covered.   ... :giggle:

muslim men are allowed to marry non muslin women, without them having to convert, the children must be brought up muslim. Non muslim men are not allowed to marry muslim women unless they convert.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Dionigi said:

muslim men are allowed to marry non muslin women, without them having to convert, the children must be brought up muslim. Non muslim men are not allowed to marry muslim women unless they convert.

My wife did not 'Convert' she just followed his way of life and observed the rules of Islam. She was a Buddhist but became an orphan at age 12, married at 18. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Acting swiftly on the provided evidence, Saimai Survive collaborated with the Nong Chok Police Station and the Bangkok Shelter for Children and Families to raid the father's home. The boy is now under protection, receiving the care and freedom he desperately needed.

Authorities are investigating the incident further, ensuring the boy’s father faces consequences for his actions. This case highlights the urgent need to protect children's rights and allow them the freedom to choose their beliefs without fear or coercion.

This is positive reading.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Easy to convert to Islam, impossible to convert back again.

No you can just leave and move away, as with the murderer in the UK recently who killed a guy in a shared house for becoming Christian.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

What god, there are so many to choose from.

The one that created everything, not the many created by man so they could believe in something.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, macca3248 said:

I have always believed that Buddhism was a way of life and respect for others !

A religion that looks at women as inferior isn't respect for others.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Medieval situation.... Besides that Thai Buddhism is not even real Buddhism but a mix of several religions and worships...Freedom of religion, but muslims will never accept that, the whole world must be converted to the Islam

What's the first of Moses Ten Commandments?