Thai government urged to regulate booming influencer industry

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Additionally, some influencers were found promoting illegal activities like online gambling to their massive followers.

Or political views of the early 21st century.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wow. Every 35th person in Thailand is an influencer. Amazing!

Maybe another hub?

Beats working for a living...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Doesn't matter to him... he is one of the "she knows what she is doing crowd"

And you? Are you one of those: I will tell her what is good for her crowd? 

I would offer to buy her a drink. It's up to her if she accepts it or not.

And if she would tell me she wants something non-alcoholic that would be perfectly fine with me. It's up to her.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And you? Are you one of those: I will tell her what is good for her crowd? 

I would offer to buy her a drink. It's up to her if she accepts it or not.

And if she would tell me she wants something non-alcoholic that would be perfectly fine with me. It's up to her.

Where do you draw the line... what age is too young for you?    Sex trafficking involves some form of forced or coerced sexual exploitation that is not limited to prostitution, and has become a significant and growing problem in both the United States and the larger global community. The costs to society include the degradation of human and women’s rights, poor public health, disrupted communities, and diminished social development. Victims of sex trafficking acquire adverse physical and psychological health conditions and social disadvantages. Thus, sex trafficking is a critical health issue with broader social implications that requires both medical and legal attention. Healthcare professionals can work to improve the screening, identification, and assistance of victims of sex trafficking in a clinical setting and help these women and girls access legal and social services.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I thought she was quite cute too.  I just assumed she was of legal age.  About 26 states in the US consider 16 legal consent age. Many 17 and some 18.     The sex trafficking post is in the wrong thread. 

• Like 1

Where do "Only Fans", and other similar web sites, fit in?  

Is OF under influencers or "Soft Power"?

Some of the Thai ladies on OF are making great money too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Thai government urged to regulate booming influencer industry

Thai government urged to regulate censor and shut down free-speech within the booming influencer industry.

There!  Fixed it!  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They are already successful, without government interference.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Most importantly, these laws will help prevent influencers from spreading fake or unverified news that could cause public confusion.”

Which laws? Isn't there already a boatload of computer crime laws?

Thai "officials" just love censorship.

6 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Thai "officials" just love censorship.

All "officials"  love censorship  and it is only getting worse worldwide 

you see the push for "protection" of the "vulnerable"

from  "hate speech"  all the "ism"s" "mallinformation" "misinformation" and "disinformation"

they the omnipotent elite "officials"  will decide what the truth is and woe betide anyone going against them.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Where do you draw the line... what age is too young for you?    Sex trafficking involves some form of forced or coerced sexual exploitation that is not limited to prostitution, and has become a significant and growing problem in both the United States and the larger global community. The costs to society include the degradation of human and women’s rights, poor public health, disrupted communities, and diminished social development. Victims of sex trafficking acquire adverse physical and psychological health conditions and social disadvantages. Thus, sex trafficking is a critical health issue with broader social implications that requires both medical and legal attention. Healthcare professionals can work to improve the screening, identification, and assistance of victims of sex trafficking in a clinical setting and help these women and girls access legal and social services.

Not sure this post has anything to do with influencers however the serious problem of under-age trafficking is complicated by young people physically maturing earlier and earlier, and appearing older than their really are.

16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Not sure this post has anything to do with influencers however the serious problem of under-age trafficking is complicated by young people physically maturing earlier and earlier, and appearing older than their really are.

And unfortunately there are supposedly mature men who take advantage of that fact... and blame the victim... OMF

• Haha 1