Kenyan Woman Arrested At Suvarnabhumi With 3.3kg Of 'Ice'

webfact

Kenyan woman arrested with 3.3 kgs of 'ice'

A Kenyan woman has been arrested at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport for allegedly trying to smuggle 3.3 kilogrammes of 'ice" or crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride to Malaysia.

Ndungani Nancy Kahoya, 27, was arrested on Thursday when she was making a transit flight to Penang Malaysia.

Acting on tip-off, police arrested Kahoya when she arrived on the EL 608 flight of Ethiopia Airlines at 3:30 pm.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-03

Despite all warnings, amazing these people keep doing it. 27 years of age and her life is now confinement. Good thing it was not Malaysia as she would be executed. Maybe a life of imprisonment in a Thai jail - the execution is the better option! So stupid.

• Like 1

Kenyan, Iranian drug suspects detained at airport

BANGKOK: -- Thai narcotics suppression police on Friday arrested a Kenyan and an Iranian suspected of drug trafficking at Suvarnabhumi Airport after smuggling some 3.3 kg and 490 grammes of crystal methamphetamine, also known as 'ice,' with a combined street value of almost Bt12 million (about US$375,000).

Ndungani Nancy Kahoya, a 27-year-old Kenyan, was detained at the airport with 3.3 kg crystal meth worth Bt10 million (about $320,000) while she was in transit to Malaysia.

Police also seized 55,000 Tanzanian shillings (about $35) and $980 found on the detainee.

Initial information indicated that the Kenyan detainee was believed to be a member of a 'West African' drug syndicate based in Malaysia, but Ms Kahoya denied all charges.

An Iranian man was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport for smuggling some 490 grammes of crystal methamphetamine with a street value of Bt1.7 million (over $50,000), senior customs officer told at a press briefing on Friday.

Arash Lotfipour Varzaghani, 23, was detained Thursday at the arrival terminal of Thailand’s main international airport after a body scanner indicated a suspicious object in his stomach, said Wisan Wuthisaksilp, Principle Advisor on Development of Customs Control System.

The detainee was ordered to a toilet to defecate and officials found 80 wrapped packages of “ice,” weighing in total 490 grammes in Mr Varzaghani’s stomach.

The customs officers initially charged the Iranian man with possessing and smuggling the drugs into Thailand without legal permission and were sent to narcotics suppression police for further investigation.

Following the travel data, Mr Varzaghani flew from Qatar’s capital of Doha to Thailand by Qatar Airways.

Since October last year the customs department has processed 101 drug smuggling cases including crystal meth-related cases, with a value over Bt7 trillion ($22.4 billion).

In other developments. Thai customs officers seized illicit drugs set to be sent to foreign destinations at a post office in the airport with value of about Bt1.6 million (approximate $50,000).

The drugs included 550 amphetamine pills worth Bt165,000 (around $5,000), 350 grammes of heroin valued at some Bt1 million (nearly $33,700), 30,000 pills of diazepam with street value of Bt300,000 (about$95,500).

The opium mixed up with coffee in coffee foil bags weighing 1.35 kg with value Bt50,000 (about $1,600) and steroid were also confiscated. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-09-03

Seems that many foreigners think LOS is easy pickings for drug trafficking and crime in general. Stupid, stupid, stupid...I hope the BIB's are doing under-cover stakeouts in the Sukhumvit Soi Nana area...lot's of street dealing going on in that area courtesy of the African brotherhood.

]Quite sad - I do hope everyone on this forum realizes these people may well be forced into doing this - as a drug mule - could be any sort of cohersion - and they are either jailed for life or die - while the real thugs behind the drugs are free to do it again to others - this is someones daughter or mother - or worst threatened with the security of their family - that has been forced or is desparate. Very sad indeed - the way government does not try to get the thugs at the source that packed her up with drugs and sent her to this serious encarceration or death. They can track the movement of terrorists to their source - but cannot track drug thugs.

Edited by george
Formatting
  • Like 1

the way government does not try to get the thugs at the source that packed her up with drugs and sent her to this serious encarceration or death. They can track the movement of terrorists to their source - but cannot track drug thugs.

§§

African , Afghan, Iranian etc top people are dope kings, so they'll never getcaught . death sentence or 10 years in jail for the mules is the only deterrent there is then.

She was in transit to MY but got busted in BKK? Lucky girl seeing as they normally track the mule to destination and see who collects.

I feel for her and wonder what conditions/circumstances pushed her to do such a thing. The string her high lemmings will love trying to post whilst wringing their hands but are fortunate enough never to think such a dangerous option is the better choice in life.

Para

Oh dear, here we go again! And another tip-off!

Another tip off that enabled the main delivery went through.......:annoyed:

If you think 3.3kg was a bait while another mule took a 'larger' amount through, then you are so clueless that is is just sad.

This isn't a tv-show, not all arrests have some master-plan behind them...

She was in transit to MY but got busted in BKK? Lucky girl seeing as they normally track the mule to destination and see who collects.

I feel for her and wonder what conditions/circumstances pushed her to do such a thing. The string her high lemmings will love trying to post whilst wringing their hands but are fortunate enough never to think such a dangerous option is the better choice in life.

Para

They'll always find poor people doing that.....ALWAYS.

Oh dear, here we go again! And another tip-off!

Another tip off that enabled the main delivery went through.......:annoyed:

If you think 3.3kg was a bait while another mule took a 'larger' amount through, then you are so clueless that is is just sad.

This isn't a tv-show, not all arrests have some master-plan behind them...

Believe me.Some 100+ kg went through.

Seems that many foreigners think LOS is easy pickings for drug trafficking and crime in general. Stupid, stupid, stupid...I hope the BIB's are doing under-cover stakeouts in the Sukhumvit Soi Nana area...lot's of street dealing going on in that area courtesy of the African brotherhood.

Going by the number of African drug pushers who openly sell in Nana wishful thinking my friend, on any given day I could point out a dozzen of them to the BIBs but honestly do you think they would be interestd ?

]Quite sad - I do hope everyone on this forum realizes these people may well be forced into doing this - as a drug mule - could be any sort of cohersion - and they are either jailed for life or die - while the real thugs behind the drugs are free to do it again to others - this is someones daughter or mother - or worst threatened with the security of their family - that has been forced or is desparate. Very sad indeed - the way government does not try to get the thugs at the source that packed her up with drugs and sent her to this serious encarceration or death. They can track the movement of terrorists to their source - but cannot track drug thugs.

They also may very well not be forced into it, sorry to contradict your liberal views but there are people out there who will do anything for money, look at Thailand for instance ?

You clearly have a limited grasp of reality.

Thanks for the flowers. Don't you think that some other guys brought some more stuff inside the country while the customs were busy with the Kenyan woman? That's reality.

You clearly have a limited grasp of reality.

Thanks for the flowers. Don't you think that some other guys brought some more stuff inside the country while the customs were busy with the Kenyan woman? That's reality.

No, that's Hollywood.

I think the people organising this stuff watch hollywood as well, pretty soon those digits will start looking clearer, less fuzzy, 1+1 will eventually =5 then 3 and finally 2,

then having watched the big and small screens these people will be thinking ' hmm these dumb chicken violaters grant us more intelligence than we have, but now we have seen how to do it on the screen lets go do it in real life tooo'

amazing jumps and leaps in thinking for these dimwitted criminals making millions of pounds has resulted in them doing this very thing, cause a distraction and allow others through, or in some countries pay the people to take a little mule whilst the truck rolls on through

I don't quite understand the smuggling of meth into Thailand. I would think those involved would just set up the meth labs in some backwater location in Thailand. The recipes are readily available on the internet with even video instructions. Seems the risk of going through the airport is downright stupid. I think I read somewhere that something like 8,000 labs were busted here in the USA in one year. The stuff is never going away. I think this stuff is going to do more destruction than all the other drugs combined as it spreads. No need for growing anything, harvesting, smuggling, etc. Setting up a meth lab is easier. It is just the access to the chemicals that is needed as they use over the counter pharmaceutical products as the base. It alters the chemical balance in brain with enough use (that's the big problem)and of course the chemicals used in processing are toxic stuff, rots the teeth, etc.

The opium mixed up with coffee in coffee foil bags weighing 1.35 kg with value Bt50,000 (about $1,600) and steroid were also confiscated. (MCOT online news)

Well the African brotherhood:" Wansamcokemaan"? need some cash. But they can sell their stuff because cops get paid. Black power? Or no shower?

Time for a new Opium war.......

Edited by sirchai